Dont buy spec clutch!

2RM

My spec stage 3 took a crap last week, only 30k on it! Took it apart turns out one of the springs on the pressure plate broke off and scared flywheel pretty bad...What a piece of junk! So now looking for peplacement. What do you guys think i should get? Im looking for a durable single disk street-performance clutch. I might need a new flywheel also....

2of81

ATS sells a nice stage 4 clutchmasters clutch, that is comparable in design to your spec stg iii. So if you liked the feel of the spec, the clutchmasters is a simular design but higher quality.

2RM

After reading the forum Im leaning towards ACT HD pressure plate and SS disk. It is abit pricey $570.... What do you think?

Awesome-Trac

Checkout my post when u get a chance, I was looking for recommendations and these guys gave a pretty good idea on what clutch to invest in

toayoztan

Never had issues with ACT, nor are there many complaints except for the pedal feel is a bit on the heavy side (but I always get used to it).

Bryan

2RM

Ok, im going with the exedy street+F1 flywheel. Cant beat $280price, and exedy seems to get better reviews than spec....

phattyduck

My Spec clutch was fine until I had gear oil leak all over it from a trans leak. :twisted:

That said, Exedy and ACT both make great clutches. I have heard more mixed reviews about other manufacturers... I felt like I was taking a calculated risk buying the Spec clutch.

I'm currently running a Spec pressure plate, Fidanza aluminum flywheel and a ACT disk. :)

-Charlie

2RM

I like it a lot! Very light pedal feel, sems to hold the power just fine. Havent hard launched it yet, but Im sure it would hold. Recomend to anyone with light mods!

4rsnduction

I used to use the stage2 clutch but it didn't hold upto my driving style.
I now use the exedy Sports Tuff Heavy Duty Button Kit TYK-6441HDB
Always use a brand new OEM fork bearing, some ppl like to call it a throw out bearing.

Corey

I've been running an ACT HD kit with light weight flywheel for about 3000km now. I'm really happy with the kit. Pedal is stiffer than the ORC kit I was running, but its something I've gotten used to now. It also engages really close to the floor while the ORC was higher up.

Rpz123isme

I still use the exedy clutch even tho my last one only went 30 miles. :shrug:
2012-05-02_071423.jpg