Anyone using/used OS Giken OR Exedy clutchs

4rsnduction

As the title says
Is anyone using or have used a OS GIKEN clutch or Exedy clutch ?
What type was it ?
How did you find it ?
Im hunting a new clutch while my box is apart, any feedback is much appreciated.

Hotrodhendrix

I used the OS Giken aluminum (gold in color) twin plate. It was amazingly friendly and with a very light peddle. (I use slave extension) Of course it had the twin plate clatter but it was a bit louder than most. Held my power fine but it was way over rated for what I was actually pushing.

Downside. Waiting/ finding parts. right hand drive has replacement discs and bearings.

I ended up moving down to something closer to my power needs. Clutchmasters street/strip single. No more clatter but the peddle is more firm.

~James

Nitro_Alltrac

The previous owner of mine had installed an Exedy. Not sure which one but it has always felt really good and works great. Right now it's got around 110K miles and it still feels as good as it did when I got the car six years ago.

Awesome-Trac

4rsnduction":210g34bc said:
awesome-trac":210g34bc said:
Running a EXEDY clutch which I got through my company, I have no complaints
Which clutch are u using ?
How does it feel ?
How long has it been in the car ?

Oem spec and it feels great, ive had it on my car for about 2 month but I don't push my car at all tho

4rsnduction

Thank you to everyone for your descriptions.
These are the clutches im looking at, depending on the price of the OS Giken kit depends on what i buy.
The exedy clutch kit will only cost $500 (plus $350 for a lightweight flywheel from somewhere else)
Does anyone have any thoughts ?
exedyclutchinformation.jpg

osgikenclutchselection.jpg

im using an ORC single plate. i got it used from a board member. It does take a while to get parts for this setup but its worth it. It is VERY noisy when its depressed but you get use to it. Sounds like a ducati. =) pedal is light as stock and should hold good power. It does take some getting use to but after that learing curve its ok. The lightend flywheel makes it hard to start off.

I hope this helps..

lumbercis

I've used Exedy 3-puck and twin disk clutches. Never had a problem with either. Neither one had any clutch rattle. Those are both fairly aggressive so more difficult to drive. The full face or 6 puck should be much easier to drive.

warracer

I have an Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, I love it, extremely smooth for daily driving , but still has small room for the friction point, its linear and bites back like crazy when you want :D