e150f .. any electronics involved?

celica-fiend

Im finally getting onto swapping a jdm ST185 E150f (thanks Corey) into my auto 91 camry..

Looking through my Camry bgb says little to nothing about the 5 speed awd.. covering the auto only (or at least from what i can find.)

The auto seems to tie into the ect control in a couple different spots.. the question for this post is.. does the e150f use any electronic control at all?

Thanks,

Brett

phattyduck

You'll need to wire in the reverse switch. Everything else should be mechanical linkages.

You will need to wire the neutral start switch closed also. If you only do this, you won't have a clutch interlock on the starter. You can also add the clutch interlock system by adding a relay and moving a wire near one of the main wiring harness connectors. Let me know if you need more details.

-Charlie

celica-fiend

Just keep followin me from forum to forum answerin my q's would ya? :)

Thanks.. just wanted to make sure the ecu didnt control lockup or anythin.. Ive a bgb here and wiring is what i used to do for a livin.. so should be ok..

Currently tearing apart a usdm dx that ended up here in canada somehow.. going to swap the power windows in.. so Ill have the harness torn apart anyways..

Thanks,

Brett

Corey

I was wondering how that was coming along :)

Yea only electrics on the tranny include the JDM speedo sensor and the reverse light sensor as mentioned. The speedo sensor can be swapped with a USDM mechanical unit.

celica-fiend

Charlie has dealt me a bit of a setback on another forum by letting me know that alltrac flywheels are not the same as fwd flys.. so Im on another parts hunt lol.. got a flywheel corey?

Other than that just waiting on a shopmate to get a truck out of the space and Im tearing in.

Brett

phattyduck

The V6 flywheel might also be the same (not 100% sure), but those are harder to find than an Alltrac flywheel... :doh:

All the auto transmission control happens in a separate ECU, so no worries there. The ECU should forever think its in neutral after all the parts are unplugged.

-Charlie