Rear Diff mount=alloy or polyurethane???

Lets talk clutches and everything drivetrain related

Rear Diff mount=alloy or polyurethane???

Postby belanger33 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi,

My rear end is clunking when letting of the accelrator or even sometimes when shifting so I know i need a new rear diff cushion...

I would like to have the pros and cons(if possible and if they are any) of choosing between an alloy rear diff mount or buying a polyurethane one.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
GT-Four RC 1991 RHD
belanger33
Club Member

Re: Rear Diff mount=alloy or polyurethane???

Postby polm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey Matt,
I suggest you talk to Luke (aka klue), he sells a solid diff mount and there is a group buy on his kit right now. He's a really nice guy, his price is also very competitive. Also, check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=34140
Cheers!
Pierre
polm
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby toayoztan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 am

I prefer solid, but as stated, I also stiffened up the rest of the car.

If you're looking to just daily drive and want a "better oem-like" replacement, go with the poly fill, as you can do it yourself.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby celigts » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:51 am

toayoztan wrote:I prefer solid, but as stated, I also stiffened up the rest of the car.

If you're looking to just daily drive and want a "better oem-like" replacement, go with the poly fill, as you can do it yourself.

Bryan

Gt4racing also has already made poly filled rear diff cushions.
91 Celica Alltrac - Parts pile pending instal :P
3SGTE project motor very slow
Intake/Heat shield project slowly moving
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Postby belanger33 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

celigts wrote:
toayoztan wrote:I prefer solid, but as stated, I also stiffened up the rest of the car.

Bryan

^^^GT4 racing dont do it no more unless you ship your're rear diff mount and then they do it and send it back to you...this would mean i would lose my car for like 2 weeks and it wouldn't be a good option ahaha...On the other hand, which store up in Canada sells polyurethane that i could fill the diff cushion with...?

I'm not willing to stiffen all the back bushes as they are still in good condition on my car, so if i follow your suggestions alloy would cause greater stress on the diff in that case rather than poly...? correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks
GT-Four RC 1991 RHD
belanger33
Club Member

Postby celigts » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 pm

No gt4racing will just charge you a fee till they receive your diff if you bought one. Someone did that on the group buy.
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Postby celigts » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 pm

belanger33 wrote:
celigts wrote:

Bryan

^^^GT4 racing dont do it no more unless you ship your're rear diff mount and then they do it and send it back to you...this would mean i would lose my car for like 2 weeks and it wouldn't be a good option ahaha...On the other hand, which store up in Canada sells polyurethane that i could fill the diff cushion with...?

I'm not willing to stiffen all the back bushes as they are still in good condition on my car, so if i follow your suggestions alloy would cause greater stress on the diff in that case rather than poly...? correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks

And for DIY you can use some of the poly in a tube if you want. I did that when my rubber let go on the rear diff mount. It worked pretty good. Got it at hone depot but forget the name :/ all u know is its a black tube, grey filler and was 10x stength.
celigts
Established Member

Postby belanger33 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm

celigts wrote:No gt4racing will just charge you a fee till they receive your diff if you bought one. Someone did that on the group buy.

Ok thanks for the info, i misread the first time.....and for the poly tube i'll go and check at home depot loll!

Thanks for the advice!
GT-Four RC 1991 RHD
belanger33
Club Member

Postby celigts » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 am

belanger33 wrote:
celigts wrote:No gt4racing will just charge you a fee till they receive your diff if you bought one. Someone did that on the group buy.

Ok thanks for the info, i misread the first time.....and for the poly tube i'll go and check at home depot loll!

Thanks for the advice!

No problem :) if you find a tube take a pic and I can tell you if that's what I used. Paul of gt4racing in Poland is a nice guy. Just send him an email and he will help you out.
celigts
Established Member

Return to Drivetrain Central