Anyone in So Cal know a good AT mechanic?

Bryon

Anyone in So Cal know a good AT mechanic? I wish there was someone who specialized in these F-in Cars. Seems like when you inquire about problems everyone has their opinions but they all contradict each other HA. I have a 165 with a grenaded trans and I am trying to find parts and someone with experience with this trans.

Awesome-Trac

Find a spare trans and swap, most transmission shops have online repair manuals with lifts to make it easy to be done BUT the main question is how deep your pockets are? I did a trans swap twice, one by myself to save money "NEVER AGAIN AND LEARNED MY LESSON" and by a shop. Labor cost $750.00 but I ordered a few oem parts from Toyota which threw it up to $900.00 so try calling around, I'm sure there's a shop that knows something about Alltracs

alltracman78

Do NOT go to black trax.
I've never been there but I have a car they worked on and they hacked EVERYTHING on the car they touched.
They did an absolutely TERRIBLE job.
They cut off one of the ears on the block because they were too lazy to figure how to mount the trans to the engine the right way.
They also didn't have anything close to the correct valve clearance in the head.
Those are the 2 big things that stick in my head.

RedCelicaTRD

Ugh. Looks like a typical Honda shop that can't handle anything else. That's really bad if they had to cut the mounting off the block to get it back together.