Need part number for throwout bearing

Boo_Guy

I was thinking Exedy Stage 1. It seems to get good reviews and I like the price.

Right now I have a Blitz rom, CAI, 3" turbo-back, supra fuel pump, ABC TMIC and run about 12psi

I'm just not sure if it would be enough if I ever upgrade to a ct20b, which isn't likely to be anytime soon but I'd rather just do this clutch job once.

quieter

should do the job,nice to see your going for a ct20b! what injectors are you going to get? are you going for a lighter flywheel too with the clutch upgrade? i went for the stage 2 fleabay one full disc when i was on a budget, not that i regret it but i should've went for an ACT or something similar. maybe one day that push type clutch lol. just be careful who you buy the exedy clutch from, theres alot of fake ones

Boo_Guy

I'm not sure about injectors, I haven't looked into it yet. It won't be happening anytime soon, I have to save up for a paint job to rescue my car from cancer first.

I was just on Exedys site looking at the way to spot the fake ones. I'm not buying it from ebay though so hopefully I won't run into that problem.

It's going to be nice to have a clutch again, right now I have the turbo turned so far down it barely registers positive pressure on the stock turbo gauge. When I hit about 3-4000rpm it starts to slip, then at 4-5000 it starts rattling like crazy.

killemalltrac

I run the exedy stage 1 with my 3rd gen swap and it does great. I did however make the mistake of using the TOB included in the kit.... :doh:

Boo_Guy

soarinhigh":2rttgf1c said:
I run the exedy stage 1 with my 3rd gen swap and it does great. I did however make the mistake of using the TOB included in the kit.... :doh:

How's the pedal feel with it? I don't mind it getting a little stiffer, I drive my brothers '04 Mustang GT from time to time, I wouldn't want it any stiffer than that.

How long did it take for the TOB to start making noise? I did a lot of reading on here about the stock bearing being the only way to go, all the others seem to be made of chalk. :p

FC Zach

soarinhigh":287pnl07 said:

Same here! Anytime I come to a stop I have to deal with and embarrassing rattling noise from the TOB, most of the time I press the pedal in to avoid the noise.