KAAZ Front/Center LSD combo. SERIOUS FEELER!!!

In my endless quest for everything Celica GT4 I have gotten far enough with KAAZ to at least reply to me and entertain the idea of a limited production run. KAAZ has confirmed that they did produce the TRD unit we all lust after.

If it became a reality, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's a shame our only chance for a front/center LSD hinges on one company when the majority of the performance AWD world has multiple options and likely more affordable too.

No pricing yet as I am dealing directly with KAAZ USA who is waiting on a response from Japan.

But lets all use our better judgement. I'm guessing a minimum of $3-$4k USD for the set.

I need a serious, real world number! Who is willing to purchase this set if it became available again?

Link to the Google doc below. Credit due to mkernz22 for creating it. KAAZ has been supplied with the link as well so they can see in real time how much interest there is. Hopefully it's enough incentive to move forward with production.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...st7F_0OPSsX8bih5095Q/edit?pli=1#gid=0&vpid=A1

Then Let's stir the pot!! Spread the word across other relevant forums. Serious buyers only! Motorsports competitors, road course, time attack, solo, rally, etc... Odds are Japan won't take the gamble but public interest has great influence on business decisions....

deecee

Hi Eric, we are already discussing this on the NZ GT Four Owners facebook group.
Where possible we will look to promote through New Zealand and see if we can gather some interest. I know 2-4 people in NZ are seriously considering this (mainly Kevin lol..)

Cheers, Dave

mkernz22

I'm going to have to sell some organs on the black market for this stuff...ugh....
And yes, I understand it's not a bad price, I'm just still in college with a part time job... :cry:

I'm not asking anyone to overextend themselves... If we actually get a chance to see this through it has to be from commited buyers. Having said that, I've swiped my life away more than once... And I did spend my life savings (at the time) on my white st165. Which then sat for a decade until last year.... Another one of those opportunities I wouldn't let rational thought ruin for me. Lol

underscore

I'm interested, but how significant of a difference will it make in a street car? I'm not keen to drop that kind of money on a part nobody has felt the effects of before.

I can only assume that the difference will be what a rear lsd is to an open read diff. One wheel drive, only the inside wheel spinning during inclement weather, much more predidictable and precise handling... Not to mention eliminating the power sapping center viscous coupling for a clutch type unit that transfers power rearward with more immediacy. Both of which also actually do something productive under deceleration as well.... I guess the best perspective would be a DSM eclipse owner who has upgraded their units to LSD's. Since stock GSX's were also open front and viscous center..... No pressure though.

deecee

As I noted on our FB group, realistically, nothing would be manufactured/available for 6 months. This means there is an opportunity to save or free up some funds selling old parts etc.
I would also assume that nothing would need to be seriously committed for at least 2 months as a deal is negotiated. Kaaz may have some specific contractual agreements with Toyota to uphold, so until Eric and Kaaz America have an opportunity to work through the fine print, nothing is set in stone from my perspective.

But for now, raise your hand if you have a serious interest in this. The number of interested parties will speak about the level of commitment.

Eric, have asked an Australian based member to put up comm's on the Australian Toymods forum :)
Someone should PM Abbraxa or Pipedreams and get them to float through European forums/groups.

Eric - let me know if I need to pull back in terms of how I am interpreting all of this. Sometimes we can get a little over excited around some new developments, and the fact that you have got Kaaz to acknowledge that they produced the diff in the first place, which was conjecture to this point, is a very good step forward.

Cheers, Dave

DeeCee states its already circulating in NZ.... I don't know who is from where to be honest.
Pull back?? I'm guilty of being overzealous but everything I've stated is verbatim from KAAZ. Japan is aware and the rep from USA is expressing our passion and commitment, as I relayed the constant interest these LSD's create. I also relayed that the import scene has matured and all the GT4 owners from 10 or 20 years ago that couldn't afford these parts are now in their 30's & 40's trying our damndest to attain performance against droves of evo and STi owners... Not to sound too passionate. Lol

underscore

eric thompson":vs2q3yx0 said:
I can only assume that the difference will be what a rear lsd is to an open read diff. One wheel drive, only the inside wheel spinning during inclement weather, much more predidictable and precise handling... Not to mention eliminating the power sapping center viscous coupling for a clutch type unit that transfers power rearward with more immediacy. Both of which also actually do something productive under deceleration as well.... I guess the best perspective would be a DSM eclipse owner who has upgraded their units to LSD's. Since stock GSX's were also open front and viscous center..... No pressure though.

I know how they work and what differences they're supposed to make, I'm just trying to find out what quantity of difference will be made on our cars. I want to be sure that it's something that makes a significant, noticeable difference and isn't just something that shaves 0.2s off a lap time.

kevzep

underscore":81y3g1lp said:
eric thompson":81y3g1lp said:

I know how they work and what differences they're supposed to make, I'm just trying to find out what quantity of difference will be made on our cars. I want to be sure that it's something that makes a significant, noticeable difference and isn't just something that shaves 0.2s off a lap time.

Are you kidding me? It will be more like 5 sec a lap, seriously....probably more depending on the circuit.....Its will put the power to the ground, give you more stability and confidence with the car in general...

RedCelicaTRD

I'm interested, but I want to know about repair parts. Are they going to continue to support this for a few years at least? Or is it one and done?

Also, does anyone have any good tech data on the TRD unit?

Hotrodhendrix

I will raise my hand as a possible but of course would need a more concrete number. That kind of funds would require a bit of planning. This would possibly be a single run never again kind of thing so hard to pass up.