93 alltrac thumping sound

jlspec

Just got a 93 with a thumping sound when shifting gears. Sounds like it's coming from underneath or the rear of the car. Any thoughts on what it can be? The car is in the shop getting basic repairs done so I am unable to test it at the moment but to give the shop an idea of what they might want to look into. If I remember correctly, awhile ago I read about a mount that goes bad and users just reseal it to make it a solid mount which resolves this issue. I believe it was the drive shaft mount.

yyonline

Rear diff mounts (all 3 of them), driveshaft carrier bearing mounts, and engine mounts are all common failures with higher mileage.

mx6er2587

sounds like the classic alltrac death thump. One minute they're thumping down the road the next they explode it thousands of pieces. Should probably let me take that death trap off your hands for you. :p

CV joints, rear diff mount, or north-south engine mounts are the most common causes of a noise like that.

jlspec

Ok, got word back from the shop. They were said the mount wasn't the issue as it still looked good, is there anything else that it can be?

FC Zach

yyonline":19gyx0bx said:
Rear diff mounts (all 3 of them), driveshaft carrier bearing mounts, and engine mounts are all common failures with higher mileage.

Plus 1 for checking this.