Another ACPT C/F Driveshaft 7/2016

BayAreaAT

We have one of the member helping us out with measurement to determine it its going to fit the 205. We'll let everyone know soon.

BayAreaAT

Payment will be due soon as the order amount are filled and submitted to ATCP. If you say youre in. Ill email you the drawing, You need to sign it and email it to ATCP. They will then send you the payment invoice.

fhalperformance

Are we getting any additional discounts by getting ten or including more like mentioned previously in the thread? Seems if we send them all in will there be some sort of communication as to the final price before they send invoices?

deecee

abraxxa":1vhd3er8 said:
As I said in the other thread I'm interessted in a ST205 version.
Note, that when the last ACPT C/F driveshaft group buy was made, the driveshaft requires some brackets on the tunnel to be removed, so it won't be a straight fit.
If I remember, Wolf had to remove the centre hanger carrier bracket or something along those lines, to fit the driveshaft due to the diameter of the CF tube.

Getting some dimensions would be helpful in determining if the C/F driveshaft is suitable for ST205.

ChrisD

DeeCee":hd2svdvs said:
abraxxa":hd2svdvs said:
Getting some dimensions would be helpful in determining if the C/F driveshaft is suitable for ST205.

I measured my 205 and 165. The 205 is about 3/4" longer than the 165. This would seem consistent with the longer wheelbase of the ST205. So I'd say it's a no go. :(

zaluss

ChrisD":3ajv0uwx said:
DeeCee":3ajv0uwx said:
abraxxa":3ajv0uwx said:

I measured my 205 and 165. The 205 is about 3/4" longer than the 165. This would seem consistent with the longer wheelbase of the ST205. So I'd say it's a no go. :(

That sucks :(

So the ST185 and ST165 have identical prop shafts? Are they interchangeable in OEM form? Or just the same length?

BayAreaAT

I measured my 205 and 165. The 205 is about 3/4" longer than the 165. This would seem consistent with the longer wheelbase of the ST205. So I'd say it's a no go. :([/quote]

That sucks :(

So the ST185 and ST165 have identical prop shafts? Are they interchangeable in OEM form? Or just the same length?[/quote]

Interchangeable..

ChrisD

BayAreaAT®":2vxpjeun said:
So the ST185 and ST165 have identical prop shafts? Are they interchangeable in OEM form? Or just the same length?

This is an assumption I have made based on previous comments. Can someone confirm? I could probably get under a 185 in the next few days, I just don't have one in my garage...

underscore

If I remember right these work for the 205 with a spacer. The 185 and 165 driveshafts have the same part number.

underscore

I skimmed the old thread, on page 29 DarthRipley mentions it's 5mm too short for the 205, I imagine a spacer could easily be fitted between the shaft and the rear diff but I'm not an expert on these things. I saw elsewhere the 205 trans requires a dust shield to be trimmed a bit but that's not a big deal. If anyone has a 205 I'd suggest reading the old thread fully to see what has already been determined.

ChrisD are you guys bringing a 205 down for the Ogopogo? I think my ACPT shaft is still gathering dust if someone feels like taking the time for a real test fit.

ChrisD

underscore":ubg9hqcd said:
I skimmed the old thread, on page 29 DarthRipley mentions it's 5mm too short for the 205, I imagine a spacer could easily be fitted between the shaft and the rear diff but I'm not an expert on these things. I saw elsewhere the 205 trans requires a dust shield to be trimmed a bit but that's not a big deal. If anyone has a 205 I'd suggest reading the old thread fully to see what has already been determined.

ChrisD are you guys bringing a 205 down for the Ogopogo? I think my ACPT shaft is still gathering dust if someone feels like taking the time for a real test fit.

Yeah there will be a few. I'll have mine there. I've measured my car as well as the 165, definitely different. A spacer would probably suit the bill for any 205 owners that want one. The one I'm getting is for my 165.