Who has ran the ST185 in FWD mode?

AwdGte

I've read the warnings about putting the trans in FWD mode, has anyone actually done this?

For a burn out to heat up the front tires at the track or to dyno the car on a 2wd dyno?

If your response includes "don't do this" or the like, can you explain the technical reason in detail as to why?

Thanks

FC Zach

I wont simply because the manual says for testing purpose only and if I recall there is a limit to the amount of power that can be applied while in this mode. . so with that said, a dyno may be out of the question for you. There's s lot of vague information I've gathered from this selector but most of what I got from others is to leave it alone.

CMS-GT4

Plenty have dyno'd in fwd mode. There are very specific instructions contrary to the manual. Do a quick search and there should be a thread that covers them. It does advise against any distance driving and I think it explains why.

underscore

You can use it on the dyno (that's what it's for IIRC) but if you wanted to heat up the tires with a burnout I think they'd be mostly cooled down by the time you got under the car and changed it back to 4WD. The main thing is to ensure the rear wheels absolutely do not move while in 2WD mode or there's an important piece inside that will break if you try to do more than limp it a few feet in a straight line. The other thread covers it in more detail.