Clutch line bracket

Lets talk clutches and everything drivetrain related

Clutch line bracket

Postby awdmofo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 pm

I don't know If this is the correct section but I am dropping my engine/trans tonight for a swap and see that the last piece attached to the body and the top of the trans is the shifter cables. There seems to be a bracket for the lines that are held in by three 12mm bolts. I got the first one out easy but there are 2 that are tucked really tight under the lines. Any tips on how to get these suckers out? thanks.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
2013 Camaro LS 6-sp (daily)

2005 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2001 Spider (sold)
1990 alltrac (sold)
1991 MR2 turbo x2 (Sold)
awdmofo
Club Member

Re: Clutch line bracket

Postby GT4_DRED » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:35 pm

awdmofo wrote:I don't know If this is the correct section but I am dropping my engine/trans tonight for a swap and see that the last piece attached to the body and the top of the trans is the shifter cables. There seems to be a bracket for the lines that are held in by three 12mm bolts. I got the first one out easy but there are 2 that are tucked really tight under the lines. Any tips on how to get these suckers out? thanks.

Pull the pins out from the end of each line and disconnect the m from the arms.. Next, pull the clips the secure the cables to the bracket (just behind the rubber boot) and pull the cables out.. You can then get to the bolts that hold down the brackets.
'00 SC300 - "The long way home" daily driver
'88 ST165 - project "Rahtid"
'88 ST165 - Project "Supah Cyat"
'91 MR2
'93 Corrado SLC - "Purple Haze"
GT4_DRED
Club Member

Re: Clutch line bracket

Postby awdmofo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 am

GT4_DRED wrote:
awdmofo wrote:I don't know If this is the correct section but I am dropping my engine/trans tonight for a swap and see that the last piece attached to the body and the top of the trans is the shifter cables. There seems to be a bracket for the lines that are held in by three 12mm bolts. I got the first one out easy but there are 2 that are tucked really tight under the lines. Any tips on how to get these suckers out? thanks.

Pull the pins out from the end of each line and disconnect the m from the arms.. Next, pull the clips the secure the cables to the bracket (just behind the rubber boot) and pull the cables out.. You can then get to the bolts that hold down the brackets.

some liquid wrench and leverage she came out finally. Thank you.
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
2013 Camaro LS 6-sp (daily)

2005 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2001 Spider (sold)
1990 alltrac (sold)
1991 MR2 turbo x2 (Sold)
awdmofo
Club Member

Return to Drivetrain Central