Clutch line bracket

awdmofo

I don't know If this is the correct section but I am dropping my engine/trans tonight for a swap and see that the last piece attached to the body and the top of the trans is the shifter cables. There seems to be a bracket for the lines that are held in by three 12mm bolts. I got the first one out easy but there are 2 that are tucked really tight under the lines. Any tips on how to get these suckers out? thanks.

GT4_DRED

awdmofo":1ex23lt6 said:
I don't know If this is the correct section but I am dropping my engine/trans tonight for a swap and see that the last piece attached to the body and the top of the trans is the shifter cables. There seems to be a bracket for the lines that are held in by three 12mm bolts. I got the first one out easy but there are 2 that are tucked really tight under the lines. Any tips on how to get these suckers out? thanks.
Pull the pins out from the end of each line and disconnect the m from the arms.. Next, pull the clips the secure the cables to the bracket (just behind the rubber boot) and pull the cables out.. You can then get to the bolts that hold down the brackets.

awdmofo

GT4_DRED":dkabpey9 said:
awdmofo":dkabpey9 said:
Pull the pins out from the end of each line and disconnect the m from the arms.. Next, pull the clips the secure the cables to the bracket (just behind the rubber boot) and pull the cables out.. You can then get to the bolts that hold down the brackets.

some liquid wrench and leverage she came out finally. Thank you.