Corolla S shifter in ST165

Shallow Pockets

So today I made a trek to our local salvage yard. In doing so I stumbled upon a 2006 Toyota Corolla S with a manual transmission taking a closer look at the shifter it looked as if the lower throw rod seem to be longer than the one on my own st165, after a $6 purchase I took it home to verify length and see what all would need to be modded for it to work in my car. After a closer inspection of the throw Rod I noticed it was roughly a quarter of an inch longer which would mean no modification to the base would be necessary after cleaning my ball seat and replacing my cups I installed it noticing that the shift was going to be a little more forward than it would be naturally. I proceeded to pull it back apart bending the shaft backwards slightly with some heat applied from a torch. I installed the shifter after everything cooled down. Not caring for the length that trimmed off about 2 inches put it on my metal lathe to cut it down 2 thread size of a IS300 Round non-weighted Knob took her out for the first spin and a significant increase was noticed in the shifters distance from gear to gear and side to side the tightness was back in my shifter along with the crisp shifts I'm used to feeling in the St chassis, so far been driving it two hours with no issues and crisp firm shifts.