Project Cheap Winter Car My @$$ is complete. (pics)

88st165

oh my your car is beautiful..... great job on the restoration.... seeing posts like this motivates me even more to go and finish mine.... im going out to the garage right now!

d1alltrac

very nice, i like the seats. there is a local place selling a pair and i have been considering buying them, now i think i will.

Incubusrocks84

NICE PAINT! ... u made me have some flash backs when i painted mine myself. It's no easy task.... looks great!

P.S. how much did the rotor package cost yah with shipping? if u don't wanna say just PM me.

Keep it up. veeeery nice

turbo4wd

Conan":32dtcgig said:
Simba":32dtcgig said:
18x9" rear, 32 offset with a 15mm spacer.
Different tire width also?

Yea.. what Conan said.. with different wheel widths, now I'm wondering what tire sizes your running to try and equalize the speed difference..

Simba

Conan":3kilpsa4 said:

At the moment, they're both 255/40, which fit both wheels well. In future, I'm probably going to go to 245/40 up front and 275/35 out back, assuming I can squeeze 'em in. :D

turbo4wd

Simba":1sz6ahbx said:
Conan":1sz6ahbx said:

At the moment, they're both 255/40, which fit both wheels well. In future, I'm probably going to go to 245/40 up front and 275/35 out back, assuming I can squeeze 'em in. :D

Thats what I thought.. it looked like you had the same tire because on the fronts they looked fine, while on the rears they were obviously stretched..

I have a feeling this may pose some potential problems to your diff.. your front tire/wheel combo is taller than your rear tire/wheel combo..

Simba

turbo4wd":3powsuo7 said:
I have a feeling this may pose some potential problems to your diff.. your front tire/wheel combo is taller than your rear tire/wheel combo..

They're the same diameter, front to rear. The sidewalls are slightly flared on the rears, but, not to a degree that gives me any kind of concern, nor to one which changes the overall height of the tire.

Conan

Simba":2x02o0vk said:
In future, I'm probably going to go to 245/40 up front and 275/35 out back, assuming I can squeeze 'em in. :D
Won't that cause more traction on the rear = wearing the center diff :shrug:

Simba

Conan":d85m864l said:
Won't that cause more traction on the rear = wearing the center diff :shrug:

I doubt it, at least not to any degree I'd be overly concerned with. Significant differences in tire circumference, and hence wheel speed will eat it up pretty quickly, but I highly doubt the small difference in available traction will cause any ill effects.

If I had any intention of drag racing it, I'd probably be somewhat concerned. But then, if I were going to, I'd be using different tires (and wheels) alltogether.

Conan

Simba":2cw0scg3 said:
If I had any intention of drag racing it, I'd probably be somewhat concerned. But then, if I were going to, I'd be using different tires (and wheels) alltogether.
Pimp! Pimp! Hooray! :D

Kyoto

What a transformation, your attention to detail is nice. How's the bling factor on those rims...!?! :D