Edit: don't be like this when you buy your car (ST185 POWER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelicaGT-SSport

Denver_whiteST185 (ted) speaking:
I should delete this crap, but i figured id lock it and sticky it. This is for others to see and learn off of when they think that an alltrac is a cheap, easy project car. if you want that, go buy a subaru or a honda
..............................................................................................................................................

Original Post:
alright i am getting my alltrac ST185 this summer and i want to put in about 600-700 HP within the next year, what will i be looking to spend on this whole thing and this is the list of parts i am already looking to get what else will i need?

JE pistons
HKS valve springs
HKS camshaft
HKS flywheel
Garrett t28RS turbo
HKS (FMIC)
Turbo manifold and 3" down pipe
cold air intake
new fuel lines
MSD ignition
HKS 680cc injectors
unorthodox pulleys
APC gears

db

You'll need a turbo bigger than the 28RS.

You don't want to use anything from APC.

Say no to underdrive pulleys.

Don't forget a new, upgraded clutch.

Where's the fuel pressure regulator, aftermarket fuel pump, and programmable engine management system?

Fuel injectors. Look more towards 1000cc and bigger.

Judging from your list, you really haven't done much research. I'd start there if I were you. :smokes:

Gary

And see Perry's mod list for example.
That's about 500 whp.
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community ... =58519&ck=

Forget turbo timer, what you really need for 600-700 hp are big turbo,
big boost, strong internals, high flow head and intake manifold, reliable
ignition system, capable fuel system, intercooler, exhaust and stand alone EMS.
That should do the job.
Oh... and make sure you have a really really deep pocket :wink:

Here are some good reads
http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/primers.htm
http://www.enginelogics.com/embasics.html
http://www.turbomustangs.com/turbotech/main.htm

CelicaGT-SSport

thanks guys and i have done a lot of research and i have more things on the list but i was wondering what you guys thought about like a 650 HP engine

CelicaGT-SSport

alright i switched my idea a little bit because i realized it would cost me 5500 dollars just to build my engine before the turbo, FMIC, EMS,FMS, ans so on which i dont have the money for... so i decided i want more around 550HP which i probably could still do under 11 seconds with, so i decided i want a GT3582R - 714568 - 3 garrett turbo, what CC injectors should i be looking for like 840cc? and about waste gate should i get a HKS GT series, and i heard BOV dont work on an alltrac without a piggy back or a full EMS is this true?

Gary

CelicaGT-SSport":1wtfa8lm said:
alright i switched my idea a little bit because i realized it would cost me 5500 dollars just to build my engine before the turbo, FMIC, EMS,FMS, ans so on which i dont have the money for... so i decided i want more around 550HP which i probably could still do under 11 seconds with, so i decided i want a GT3582R - 714568 - 3 garrett turbo, what CC injectors should i be looking for like 840cc? and about waste gate should i get a HKS GT series, and i heard BOV dont work on an alltrac without a piggy back or a full EMS is this true?

Seriously, I would suggest you to do more research.
How much do you think a 4 cylinder engine pushing 550hp cost?
Who will tune the car? Are you going to pay someone to do it?
You will need more than 550hp to be in 10's.
Try to read more about high performance turbocharged engine, turbo sizing, fueling, etc...

About the BOV, that's not true.
I have a BOV for years.
It will work but it'll vent off metered air and causes engine to run rich.
Piggy back has nothing to do with it, unless it converts stock air metering system to speed density.

Razzo

550 awhp probally would get you in the 10s, but if you want 550 from the crank....good luck...probally a low 12, high 11s

CelicaGT-SSport

i am talking about 550 at the wheels... and i used a HP calulator and it said with a car that weighs about 3400LBS which would be about the weight of the car with a driver and it would run a 10.8 and i am pretty experienced so im guessing i could run about a 10.9 maybe 11 flat and because and AT is AWD i dont think i will be wasting to much time burning rubber.... and i can do all the engine work, trans work, and so on myself... I would need someone to tune an EMS if it is necessary, and also the FMS... and what else do i need to know... what are all the things i will have to upgrade... and to what extent

CelicaGT-SSport

does anyone have a good site that list the things i will have to do for a 500+ HP engine, in a good order... because i know what im doing but i dont know what order and so on

theUNYTEDone

CelicaGT-SSport":3ne8hdrb said:
does anyone have a good site that list the things i will have to do for a 500+ HP engine, in a good order... because i know what im doing but i dont know what order and so on

look into perry's setup and build from there...dont have people try and just give you some magic words to follow.

www.turbocelica.com has an awesome GT4...

OlyST185

its all about customization, custom engine supports, custom turbo, custom transmission-drive train to name a few...

Maloy

You should talk to ChrisK. I dont think youv done enough research. Do you know what its like to drive even a 300hp celica? 550hp is ridiculous and would be almost unstreetable.

Meurz

Do you read the replies mate? If you can't afford 6k on an engine, if you don't know wheter a bov works on a 185 and if you are looking for 600 bhp, you'll have a loong way to go. :?

Don't forget AWD eats your crank hp. Don't forget the extra body improvements and monster brakes, etc etc.

CelicaGT-SSport

the reason i didnt know that is because i dont own an ST185 right now and i heard that from someone who i bet knows atleast 5-10 times what you could even imagine knowing about these cars... he gave a detailed explanation how the ECU will read the air coming in with the MAS and once you blow off all that air you wont have enouph air coming into your engine and it will run to rich... and to correct this you can either use a piggy back ECU system and reformate your ECU for a BOV... or use a AEM EMS and have some one program BOV into your system... and i will trust him more than you because he knows more than you no doubt... and as far as HP i am sure that the alltrac can handle 550 Hp because not only has it been done, the 3S-GTE block is made to handle over 1000 HP, to get there you will spent 100k but it can be done... the reason i am considering a SC400 engine is because the alltrac will then be RWD and not so much HP will be used up on the crank... and as far as building the engine maybe you didnt understand i have about 6k for the engine to be BUILT so that would be before a new turbo, manifold, FMIC, downpipe, exhaust, ect... etc... etc... i think you guys are underestimating toyota performance i know a SUPRA that runs a 9.43S with 550CC injectors... i have done a lot of research on the 3S-GTE and could very easily build one myself.... but i just want to know if the SC400's engine will prove to serve more performance in the end, or save money etc...etc...etc...

d1alltrac

CelicaGT-SSport":2r4vsd6n said:
the reason i didnt know that is because i dont own an ST185 right now and i heard that from someone who i bet knows atleast 5-10 times what you could even imagine knowing about these cars... he gave a detailed explanation how the ECU will read the air coming in with the MAS and once you blow off all that air you wont have enouph air coming into your engine and it will run to rich... and to correct this you can either use a piggy back ECU system and reformate your ECU for a BOV... or use a AEM EMS and have some one program BOV into your system... and i will trust him more than you because he knows more than you no doubt... and as far as HP i am sure that the alltrac can handle 550 Hp because not only has it been done, the 3S-GTE block is made to handle over 1000 HP, to get there you will spent 100k but it can be done... the reason i am considering a SC400 engine is because the alltrac will then be RWD and not so much HP will be used up on the crank... and as far as building the engine maybe you didnt understand i have about 6k for the engine to be BUILT so that would be before a new turbo, manifold, FMIC, downpipe, exhaust, ect... etc... etc... i think you guys are underestimating toyota performance i know a SUPRA that runs a 9.43S with 550CC injectors... i have done a lot of research on the 3S-GTE and could very easily build one myself.... but i just want to know if the SC400's engine will prove to serve more performance in the end, or save money etc...etc...etc...

your post is very condescending when all we are doing is answering your question. anyway, I would like to know who this person who "knows 5-10 times" what we do is,

Status
Not open for further replies.