Edit: don't be like this when you buy your car (ST185 POWER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1alltrac

d1alltrac":3nxfkx09 said:
theUNYTEDone":3nxfkx09 said:
....was he talking about fitting the SC400's engine into an ALL TRAC?! :shrug:

yes, it has been done once before already. owners name is Justen Simpson, twin turbo V8 RWD, and its a real RC too :wink:

damn i suck....i forgot about the 165 with the 1UZ, not sure of his name but he posts on here, smc152 or something like that. i believe his is supercharged though. :shrug:

Gary

CelicaGT-SSport":1sob2jqm said:
ive seen a 185 with a V8 http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showt ... id&t=82745
unless i am wrong and that isnt real lol, ok i think i will just get one of these for an offroad and track car.... maybe like 400HP.... and what do you guys think about the 2001 BMW M3 i am thinking about that too
That is the SAME car we were talking about.
The only Justen's GT8.

And what about it are you are thinking of the E46 M3?
Stock E46 M3 has nothing to compare with highly modify 500whp ST185 you are dreaming about.
And if you cannot afford to build a 3sgte, how can you afford to modify the S54?

Sorry to be so harsh, but you gotta go back to the reality.
Good luck selling your GT-S and buying an ST185 (if you still want one)

CelicaGT-SSport

yeah i dunno i am going to keep my GTS and mod it with some 3sge parts so i can actually beat a car... haha i am getting an Alltrac ST185 maybe 350 HP track car.... and then i will get an ST165 for winter driving :doh: man i hate winter, and i think i am going to get a 1999 BMW M3 GTR, and maybe get a Honda Civic and put a B18 engine in it and a nice turbo haha really really cheap fast car :p thats what Honda is good for man! so yes i want 4 more cars but i have the money for all of them accept the BMW right now

Razzo

CelicaGT-SSport":wc1ebxud said:
and i have came to the conclusion that these cars have the potencial to be really really fast....... but i will need a lot more money!

No so much more money....but things are harder to come by, and if you do all the work yourself...i could build a 500hp engine with 10k...no problem, probally still have money left over to work with.

What i think everybody is trying to say is, for the aftermarket capabilitys of other cars, its easier to bring them up another 200hp....but when you have an alltrac...your comparing a car to which the typical joe...doesnt have an idea what the fuck it is. So if...the alltrac was a typical honda...you would see that honda aftermarket supoprt...but you don't so thats what garys trying to point out...alot of this work is fabrication, which involes time and usually money (if you dont have the welder....steel...etc) i love my gt-four because i can get a hold of most machinery and have alright fab skills. In the end its if you truely love the alltrac...you will get one..

Gl

CelicaGT-SSport

ok i have already said i can do all the work myself i have access to 2 shops, and if i cant do it i know people who can but i dunno if it is worth it i think the BMW can make a lot more power with less money.... after i get the damn thing for 18,000 hahaha :p

d1alltrac

CelicaGT-SSport":3jufwpq0 said:
ok i have already said i can do all the work myself i have access to 2 shops, and if i cant do it i know people who can but i dunno if it is worth it i think the BMW can make a lot more power with less money.... after i get the damn thing for 18,000 hahaha :p

you think you can make alot more power with less money with an E46 ///M3?!?!?! i guess you dont know even an intake for E46 M3's are $500+, headers are like $3k, a supercharger kit is like $7k+....basically there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can make more power cheaper with that car.

with the kind of power you are talking about expect to spend a good $50k+purchase price for an E46 M3 with anywhere near that, actually the most powerful E46 M3 that has a dyno sheet to back it up is a guy named Jerry that has 525rwhp with no nitrous. Now think about that, 525rwhp...he probabably dropped more money in that car then most of us could even imagine, one could easily make that power with the purchase price of an M3 alone put into a 3S.

oh and an E46 M3 for 18k seems shady to me, probably something wrong with it....also 2001 was one of the years that there was an engine recall.

CelicaGT-SSport

oh dude you are right about M3 pricing good call.... can someone suggest a nice car like german or high end japanese that can be made fast with not a whole lot of money

capncelica

well according to my experience and talking to other mechanics around me where i live german cars and reliability dont go hand in hand. now i could be wrong about that but because of the overengineering of the germans they make sweet cars that ride nice but they end up using twice as many parts on things that dont need it like suspension and stuff. and twice as many parts equal twice as many things to fix. someone correct me if i'm wrong tho. anyway my choice would be a subaru WRX STI. its the fastest stock 4 cylinder car out there thats reliable and wont cost you your soul. good luck

darthripley

CelicaGT-SSport":3pdl8x0z said:
oh i c im an idiot :lol: umm how about fast and reliable and moderate expense?

i would actually suggest a civic or CRX for you. simple, TONS of aftermarket support, inexpensive and easy to build power.

no offense, but i just think you comes across as a bit too young and immature to handle the responsibility of a car with the sort of power that you are desiring. this is not a flame against you, but i just hate to see nice cars get destroyed by people that do not fully understand them. remember: "with great power comes great responsibility"

i've driven several cars with 500hp - SRT-10 Viper, Cadillac CTS-V for example...and while the power is exillerating, you must understand you can get too much of a good thing and it becomes completely useless on the street as others have said.

just my couple of pennies on it...

CelicaGT-SSport

actually i have driven a Viper that made 660 HP at the wheels, i have never crashed a car never got a ticket and more than one person calls me a day for me to fix thier car..( gets annoying fast) I understand power though that Viper if you pushed the pedal down all the way the rear tires would slip at like 50 MPH and the car would shake... i have decided that make my fast car the 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo one because the RWD wont eat my HP at the crank two because they are nice looking cars and three because Colin Chapman once said performance through light weight and 2888 lbs can be considered pretty light. something about making a Camaro fast just doesnt interest me because they are so big and where is the fun in making a V8 fast just to easy for me

GT4times2

darthripley":1vorfp69 said:
CelicaGT-SSport":1vorfp69 said:
oh i c im an idiot :lol: umm how about fast and reliable and moderate expense?

i would actually suggest a civic or CRX for you. simple, TONS of aftermarket support, inexpensive and easy to build power.

no offense, but i just think you comes across as a bit too young and immature to handle the responsibility of a car with the sort of power that you are desiring. this is not a flame against you, but i just hate to see nice cars get destroyed by people that do not fully understand them. remember: "with great power comes great responsibility"

i've driven several cars with 500hp - SRT-10 Viper, Cadillac CTS-V for example...and while the power is exillerating, you must understand you can get too much of a good thing and it becomes completely useless on the street as others have said.

just my couple of pennies on it...

Ditto...Get a Civic...Not to flame, but I make a mental profile of you, and all I see is Honda Civic with a B18...doing burnouts in parking lots, and pipe dreams. You just go rambling from one car to another with unrealistic figures. It was a joy reading this thread (though I came late), but I must say, all this was just to make people talk. Here's better advice. For the money, you can also get a DSM, and make it go fast for way cheaper than you would an Alltrac, OR if you really want 3S power, do a swap in your Celica GT-S. Run it with minor mods for a while (exhaust, intake, MBC, DP), then re-evaluate the 550hp dream... :wink:

Meurz

Ok, I've just re-read this topic.. And basically you..

- ignore all advice
- want a different car every 5 mins
- don't know shit about high hp monsters
- know a guy who does and can make a supra run sub 5 sec with a bov and LED wiper jets or something
- can't afford a built engine
- decided you now want 4 or 5 cars
- still try to look serious?

:shrug:

omnivore

Hi CelicaGTS-Sport! My car is fast-and cheap!!! Find one of these if you don't mind an ugy car that is fun to beat up on Corvettes with,LOL...but you won't be able to find a bling bling body kit for one in your favourite ricer magazine,LOL
$150 for the car, $1200 body and paint, $600 slicks, $200 for a Daytona Shelby organ donor car, and $1000 for misc things like injectors, Walbro fuel pump, computer recalibration, Accufab AFPR, 2.5" exhaust, MBC, and Automter gauges (Boost, EGT, A/F)

Nice and light makes 235 hp go a long way,LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.