Edit: don't be like this when you buy your car (ST185 POWER)

Talk about your project car here

Postby Razzo » Tue May 23, 2006 9:02 pm

CelicaGT-SSport wrote:and i have came to the conclusion that these cars have the potencial to be really really fast....... but i will need a lot more money!

No so much more money....but things are harder to come by, and if you do all the work yourself...i could build a 500hp engine with 10k...no problem, probally still have money left over to work with.

What i think everybody is trying to say is, for the aftermarket capabilitys of other cars, its easier to bring them up another 200hp....but when you have an alltrac...your comparing a car to which the typical joe...doesnt have an idea what the f*** it is. So if...the alltrac was a typical honda...you would see that honda aftermarket supoprt...but you don't so thats what garys trying to point out...alot of this work is fabrication, which involes time and usually money (if you dont have the welder....steel...etc) i love my gt-four because i can get a hold of most machinery and have alright fab skills. In the end its if you truely love the alltrac...you will get one..

Gl
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Razzo
Club Member

Postby CelicaGT-SSport » Wed May 24, 2006 1:00 am

ok i have already said i can do all the work myself i have access to 2 shops, and if i cant do it i know people who can but i dunno if it is worth it i think the BMW can make a lot more power with less money.... after i get the damn thing for 18,000 hahaha :P
always loved the Alltracs
CelicaGT-SSport
Club Member

Postby d1alltrac » Wed May 24, 2006 3:31 am

CelicaGT-SSport wrote:ok i have already said i can do all the work myself i have access to 2 shops, and if i cant do it i know people who can but i dunno if it is worth it i think the BMW can make a lot more power with less money.... after i get the damn thing for 18,000 hahaha :P

you think you can make alot more power with less money with an E46 ///M3?!?!?! i guess you dont know even an intake for E46 M3's are $500+, headers are like $3k, a supercharger kit is like $7k+....basically there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can make more power cheaper with that car.

with the kind of power you are talking about expect to spend a good $50k+purchase price for an E46 M3 with anywhere near that, actually the most powerful E46 M3 that has a dyno sheet to back it up is a guy named Jerry that has 525rwhp with no nitrous. Now think about that, 525rwhp...he probabably dropped more money in that car then most of us could even imagine, one could easily make that power with the purchase price of an M3 alone put into a 3S.

oh and an E46 M3 for 18k seems shady to me, probably something wrong with it....also 2001 was one of the years that there was an engine recall.
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby CelicaGT-SSport » Wed May 24, 2006 10:53 pm

oh dude you are right about M3 pricing good call.... can someone suggest a nice car like german or high end japanese that can be made fast with not a whole lot of money
CelicaGT-SSport
Club Member

Postby Gary » Wed May 24, 2006 10:59 pm

Fast, cheap, reliability
You can only pick 2.
93 ST185
Gary
GTFour God

Postby CelicaGT-SSport » Thu May 25, 2006 12:17 am

and those would be the ones you have............................?
CelicaGT-SSport
Club Member

Postby CelicaGT-SSport » Thu May 25, 2006 12:19 am

oh i c im an idiot :lol: umm how about fast and reliable and moderate expense?
CelicaGT-SSport
Club Member

Postby capncelica » Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 pm

well according to my experience and talking to other mechanics around me where i live german cars and reliability dont go hand in hand. now i could be wrong about that but because of the overengineering of the germans they make sweet cars that ride nice but they end up using twice as many parts on things that dont need it like suspension and stuff. and twice as many parts equal twice as many things to fix. someone correct me if i'm wrong tho. anyway my choice would be a subaru WRX STI. its the fastest stock 4 cylinder car out there thats reliable and wont cost you your soul. good luck
capncelica
Club Member

Postby MetalliKAT97 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:52 pm

Gary wrote:Fast, cheap, reliability
You can only pick 2.

Rotaries only choose one! MUahahahaha....(thought it was funny :oops: )
1993 ST185 (Black)
1992 ST185 (Grey) R.I.P.
MetalliKAT97
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Fri May 26, 2006 1:22 am

CelicaGT-SSport wrote:oh i c im an idiot :lol: umm how about fast and reliable and moderate expense?

i would actually suggest a civic or CRX for you. simple, TONS of aftermarket support, inexpensive and easy to build power.

no offense, but i just think you comes across as a bit too young and immature to handle the responsibility of a car with the sort of power that you are desiring. this is not a flame against you, but i just hate to see nice cars get destroyed by people that do not fully understand them. remember: "with great power comes great responsibility"

i've driven several cars with 500hp - SRT-10 Viper, Cadillac CTS-V for example...and while the power is exillerating, you must understand you can get too much of a good thing and it becomes completely useless on the street as others have said.

just my couple of pennies on it...
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby CelicaGT-SSport » Fri May 26, 2006 3:33 am

actually i have driven a Viper that made 660 HP at the wheels, i have never crashed a car never got a ticket and more than one person calls me a day for me to fix thier car..( gets annoying fast) I understand power though that Viper if you pushed the pedal down all the way the rear tires would slip at like 50 MPH and the car would shake... i have decided that make my fast car the 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo one because the RWD wont eat my HP at the crank two because they are nice looking cars and three because Colin Chapman once said performance through light weight and 2888 lbs can be considered pretty light. something about making a Camaro fast just doesnt interest me because they are so big and where is the fun in making a V8 fast just to easy for me
CelicaGT-SSport
Club Member

Postby GT4times2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:28 am

darthripley wrote:
CelicaGT-SSport wrote:oh i c im an idiot :lol: umm how about fast and reliable and moderate expense?

i would actually suggest a civic or CRX for you. simple, TONS of aftermarket support, inexpensive and easy to build power.

no offense, but i just think you comes across as a bit too young and immature to handle the responsibility of a car with the sort of power that you are desiring. this is not a flame against you, but i just hate to see nice cars get destroyed by people that do not fully understand them. remember: "with great power comes great responsibility"

i've driven several cars with 500hp - SRT-10 Viper, Cadillac CTS-V for example...and while the power is exillerating, you must understand you can get too much of a good thing and it becomes completely useless on the street as others have said.

just my couple of pennies on it...

Ditto...Get a Civic...Not to flame, but I make a mental profile of you, and all I see is Honda Civic with a B18...doing burnouts in parking lots, and pipe dreams. You just go rambling from one car to another with unrealistic figures. It was a joy reading this thread (though I came late), but I must say, all this was just to make people talk. Here's better advice. For the money, you can also get a DSM, and make it go fast for way cheaper than you would an Alltrac, OR if you really want 3S power, do a swap in your Celica GT-S. Run it with minor mods for a while (exhaust, intake, MBC, DP), then re-evaluate the 550hp dream... :wink:
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby Meurz » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:46 pm

Ok, I've just re-read this topic.. And basically you..

- ignore all advice
- want a different car every 5 mins
- don't know shit about high hp monsters
- know a guy who does and can make a supra run sub 5 sec with a bov and LED wiper jets or something
- can't afford a built engine
- decided you now want 4 or 5 cars
- still try to look serious?

:shrug:
Turbocelica.nl
Meurz
Established Member

Postby fhalperformance » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm

alright i switched my idea a little bit because i realized it would cost me 5500 dollars just to build my engine before the turbo

ive got almost 7 grand just on engine LABOR... no parts...
'93 trac - V6TT project.
'92 trac - RHD conversion coming.
'91 trac - 564awhp.
'90 trac - fab car/snow build coming.
'91 mr2 - parting out.
'00 celica gts - custom wide body.
'01 mr2 - crazy build in progress.
'04 ducati 999
'04 tacoma TRD - for sale
fhalperformance
Club Member

Postby omnivore » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 am

Hi CelicaGTS-Sport! My car is fast-and cheap!!! Find one of these if you don't mind an ugy car that is fun to beat up on Corvettes with,LOL...but you won't be able to find a bling bling body kit for one in your favourite ricer magazine,LOL
$150 for the car, $1200 body and paint, $600 slicks, $200 for a Daytona Shelby organ donor car, and $1000 for misc things like injectors, Walbro fuel pump, computer recalibration, Accufab AFPR, 2.5" exhaust, MBC, and Automter gauges (Boost, EGT, A/F)

Nice and light makes 235 hp go a long way,LOL
Dodge Omni
13.1 @ 105.8 MPH
omnivore

PreviousNext

Return to My Project