Drag st165 Time to build a 5SGTE!

Klas

The fiberglass parts primed and wetsanded.
2548607_36_full.jpg

2548607_37_full.jpg

Me putting the first layer of toyota 040 super white.
2548607_38_full.jpg

Finished :D
2548607_39_full.jpg

Klas

The trunk is finaly done! Fiberglass trunk with polycarb window, looks pretty good at a distance but fitts badly at the top. In fact all the fiberglass bodyparts does´t fitt so good as I want them to do. I don´t have the energy to fix them, I just wana map the car, put it on a dyno and RACE :D
2548607_40_full.jpg

2548607_41_full.jpg

More pics will be added this weekend as I will take it out on the roads and map it.

Klas

sleeper":1x36vxzt said:
why do you still have rear seats?

Mainly because I want it to have the "stock" look and It is much nicer. I know I can save some more weight by removing the rear seats, but for now I will go with the rear seats.

Klas

Some more pics. This is how it looks this season exept when racing I will use the stock alu rims with drag radials. The street maping goes well and I really looking forward to put it on the dyno real soon :D
Enjoy the pics.
2548607_42_full.jpg

2548607_43_full.jpg

2548607_44_full.jpg

2548607_45_full.jpg

2548607_46_full.jpg

2548607_47_full.jpg

GT4times2

Sweet. Update us on your times. It would be nice to produce a few of the parts, but shipping and possibility of damage would be too much of a PITA. Very nice work.

can we get a group buy on the fenders and hood??? i would like a hood that could eliminate the pop up lights(since i fitted some tercel lights). or at least let me know what the cost would be for one complete set.

Klas

ska köra nu på söndag, jag har bara "grov" mappat den ännu men man måste ju testa lite. sen blir det en dag på dynon nästa månad någon gång.
Sen får jag se vad det blir av resten av sommaren. själv då? är du färdig med din?

sleeper

tja, den har ivertfall vært på veien i 1.5mnd uten noen problemer.. var på gardemoen med den men fikk bare kjørt 1 test drag på lavt trykk pga regn.. :cry: så tiden ble ikke mye og skryte av..
på 1.35kg trykk så gikk den 13.3 med 2.65 60fot og 183.5 i mål (114.8mph) (dette med afr på 10.1-10.5 og første forsøk..
den er ferdig mappet til 1.8kg så det burde være mulig og knekke 11 sec i år ganske greit ivertfall..

veide bilen her om dagen og den er nok ikke fullt så lett som din, så den veide 1400kg med 3\4 full tank uten meg.

Klas

nice! ja 11or är nog inga problem. du har säkert 1 sec att hämta på 60 foten. + leana ner den lite å höja laddtrycket. borde gå 11.5-11.9 iallafall va. Lycka till!
Ska bli spännande att se hur min går på söndag, ja kör på 1.5 bar och ska försöka mappa ner den 11afr ungefär.Hoppas bara min koppling håller.

exST165

eric thompson":cnmz4wm9 said:
i would like a hood that could eliminate the pop up lights(since i fitted some tercel lights).

Sorry to jack the thread, but Eric do you have any photos of the Tercel lights? How did you modify the front grill?

TIA,
Thomas

Klas

Today I was at the dragstrip to test the car, I had this feeling that my headgasket was blown acouple of days ago because the engine began to run a little warmer than usual, I thought it was maby the thermostat that jamed so I checked it and drilled a couple of holes in it just to be on the safe side(no time to get a new one).
After the second run at the quarter the temperature skyrocked and I noticed that I only had 15psi of boost instead of my usual 22psi, and to top the day my TRD clutch gived up on me :x
But I did manage to run 13.24sec/ 168km/h with slipping clutch, 15psi and a blown head gasket, not to bad I think. Would probably run a low 12 with everything working and 22 psi boost.
Well, I wount be racing more this year, will most likely rebuilt the whole engine.
Will be a boring summer without my GT-4 :cry:

sleeper

Klas":6mj13bb8 said:
Today I was at the dragstrip to test the car, I had this feeling that my headgasket was blown acouple of days ago because the engine began to run a little warmer than usual, I thought it was maby the thermostat that jamed so I checked it and drilled a couple of holes in it just to be on the safe side(no time to get a new one).
After the second run at the quarter the temperature skyrocked and I noticed that I only had 15psi of boost instead of my usual 22psi, and to top the day my TRD clutch gived up on me :x
But I did manage to run 13.24sec/ 168km/h with slipping clutch, 15psi and a blown head gasket, not to bad I think. Would probably run a low 12 with everything working and 22 psi boost.
Well, I wount be racing more this year, will most likely rebuilt the whole engine.
Will be a boring summer without my GT-4 :cry:

HVA??? gir du opp så lett? nei her er det bare og kaste i en ny topp pakning og ny clutch og ut og kjøre igjen...! er jo ikke mer en 1 helg med skruing! :p
det der hadde ikke tatt med lange tiden og få igjang igjen ivertfall.. ( husk at det er bedre og ha en 12 sec bil som funker en en 11 sec bil som ikke funker... :wink:

Gary ST165

sorry to hear that the inevitable has occured.

:shoots: 22psi is fun while it lasts. but you have to pay for performance sooner or later.

enjoy choosing parts the rebuild 8)

Klas

Well, I´ve run with this setup for 2 years now so its time to get serious :smokes: No more playing around :D

Sorry to jack the thread, but Eric do you have any photos of the Tercel lights? How did you modify the front grill?

TIA,
Thomas

NO GRILL RIGHT NOW.... SINCE ITS AN ONGOING PROJECT, I'M WORKING ON PUTTING A FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER WHERE THE GRILL AREA IS(LIKE THE WRC WRX'S), AND POSSIBLY AN EXIT VENT IN THE HOOD, DEPENDING ON WHAT HOOD I USE. AT THIS RATE I'LL BE CHOPPING A STOCK HOOD SINCE I CANT GET A RESPONSE FROM "SLEEPER" ABOUT THE FIBERGLASS BODY PARTS. I'LL TRY AND POST PICS BUT MY ONLY COMPUTER RIGHT NOW IS AT WORK, SO I GOTTA BE DISCRETE. LATER DUDE

Klas

I just can´t live without my racetrac this summer so I have bought a cluchmasters FX700 and a headgasket! I don´t know when I get the stuff from uk, but when I do get it, it´s a matter of hours until I get the car running again.
Hopfully I´ll run low 12 or high 11s this summer :D