Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/20

Talk about your project car here

Re: Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/

Postby darthripley » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Finding a new home is quite difficult in the area that we like etc. In our general area, the inventory of homes for sale is at a record low. There simply aren't enough homes available for sale, so the competition is very high, especially in desirable areas. I've missed out on 2 homes that we really liked so far. I am hoping that the next home we go look at will be "the one".

In the meantime, we've been tinkering with installing bits on all the cars.
So Quick updates:

Vadar ---

We bought a SS radiator cooling panel about a year ago from the group buy offered here on the forum.
I decided to cut down on a lot of the shiney SS bling in the engine bay so didn't polish the panel as originally planned as it would have just been way too much.
I saw some other cooling panels done in wrinkle black, so went that route.
I used VHT spray paint & the paint job is not perfect at all. I am not happy with the finish at all.
The VHT rattle can is simply meant for small jobs like valve covers on a 4ag. The paint is so thick, it sags easily, with no warning, on areas that are not perfectly flat which made getting a perfect finish next to impossible.

Once we are able to move, I will pay to have it powdercoated for a perfect finish. It looks better in the pics than it is in reality.
I also need to get more plastic fasteners that are longer for up top on the panel.
I like the look, will get it fixed to look much better later on.
The engine bay is way dirty/dusty from only being under a car cover - 1 of many reasons why no garage sux major ass.

Super2(aka R2) ---
We got the back half of the Autopower roll cage installed on R2, along with a very simple & cheap mount for the fire extinguisher. 4 of the 6 pts of the cage are installed with all new Grade 8 hardware & the car feels better than ever as far as handling goes. On old 14" Falken Ziex tires, the grip level is similar to Vadar, with only a bit of oversteer which is just the setup we both prefer. Need to reconfigure the front portion of the cage - will have to go get it rewelded at a place that does nothing but build cages. I have FIA padding on order also, so yes it will be safe to have in a street driven car.

Maul (Camry) ---
Did a quick oil change, rotated tires (very very pleased with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports) greased rear sway bar bushings. Have heard lots of noise from the rear end & discovered the rear strut boots are completely perished, so I'm pretty sure the rear upper strut mounts are worn out. I'm almost 20K past a timing belt service, but I just can't take the time to do the needed maintenance. It's just going to have to make it to October. For those who know, I have big plans for the Camry, so with the timing belt service a huge power upgrade will be performed. I'm very excited about the upcoming upgrade & am in the process of collecting all of the parts needed. Once complete, it will no longer be an "ordinary" TRD Granny Grocery Getter 8)

That's about it for now. Working on pinball machine restorations + fixing things up at this house in between the car tinkering.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby abraxxa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 am

Great update!
Thanks for confirming that the Michelin Pilot SuperSport 3 are good tires, I'll also get them once my Goodyear Eagle F1's are done.
facelift ST205
abraxxa
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 am

abraxxa wrote:Great update!
Thanks for confirming that the Michelin Pilot SuperSport 3 are good tires, I'll also get them once my Goodyear Eagle F1's are done.

I had a set on the rear of the GTO after the proxies.. Lots of traction issues. I have heard other peaple love them so I may have just had a bad batch. Running P-Zeros now which stick and handle great but wear very quickly.

I hope you get in the area you want. We finally had a good showing on the house but still no word back. Once I sale I can move closer to you guys :)

~James
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby abraxxa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks Hotrodhendrix for the tire info!
Pirellis are aweful in the wet, something I don't like about them.
facelift ST205
abraxxa
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm

That sure is a pretty engine bay.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby phattyduck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 pm

abraxxa wrote:Great update!
I have the SuperSports on both my WRX and my wife's Mini-S. They are very quiet (my wife's request) and very sticky (my request). No word on wet traction... They are even wearing pretty well on my wife's Mini (not much data with my heavier WRX, I ran all-seasons last winter and most of the summer...)

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby 88gt4DE » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:29 pm

YES !!! The Camry gets booooost too !!!! lol 8)
Rob
1988 ST165 - 77K - Project ---> http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31483&start=240
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 - 162K - DD - Thanks 97JZA80
2007 Toyota Rav4 - 110K - My girls DD
1999 Honda Civic - 116K - Highway Runner
88gt4DE
Established Member

Postby Terracar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

You guys will find the perfect house, I am confident of it.

88gt4DE wrote:YES !!! The Camry gets booooost too !!!! lol 8)

My money is on a 1jz with a RWD conversion on the Camry. They are going to swap in the rear subframe from a SC400 and toss on a T67. They will still keep it as their timid grocery getter.

-Terracar
'92 'trac - Demon - currently in need of some reconstructive surgery.
Terracar
Established Member

Postby darthripley » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 am

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Our real estate agent said more people are calling her to list homes so she said it shouldn't be too long before one comes up for us. The biggest "dealbreaker" for us is a pool. I don't want the upkeep & expense of one & TONS of houses here have them. The most important reason why it is a "no" for me is I can't swim well at all :oops:

I love the Pilot Super Sports. Mine are wearing very evenly (had some camber & toe issues that got corrected)
Traction in the dry is amazing & traction in the wet is great. Can't complain at all about them so far even with "spirited driving" ;)
I had 2 sets of Falken Ziex's before & those were total crap - very noisy on the road & wore down in 10K miles even where there was not excessive shoulder (camber) wear.

James - that would be great if you were closer!

I like the guesses so far on the Camry lol.
I think some of you are psychic b/c I haven't shown pics or even laid out my plans for the car :nono:
Terracar you made me LOL with your comments! :lol:
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby phattyduck » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:30 pm

I would think a 5s supercharger kit for the Camry... You got a used one in good shape, eh? :D

That or a V6/MT swap.

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Coming up on 2 years since the last post on here. How is everything going? Yall find a new house? How is Vadar and R2?

(Edit yes I have yall on facebook but im bad about keeping up with all that lol)

~James
Last edited by Hotrodhendrix on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby UtahSleeper » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Wonder if they stick with facebook and other forms now. Seems like they post about their 4runner a bit, but not as much car work lately.
80 Corolla Hatchback - Power (In Progress) http://www.3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3208
88 Alltrac - Snow (Waiting for the garage) http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43482

Cardomain - http://www.cardomain.com/id/chris52580
UtahSleeper
Established Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm

I have a feeling they are done with the forums.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Hope not. They put a lot of work into this forum over the years. Facebook just isnt as cool as the good ol alltrac.net haha.

In the words of doc phil... Thats like a shoe with no shoe strings :twisted:
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby soarer.jzz30 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:44 pm

I haven't been keeping up with my thread lately either
'97 Toyota Soarer 5speed(dd), '90 ST185(money pit)
my build thread: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=38003
soarer.jzz30
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project