Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/20

Hotrodhendrix

Coming up on 2 years since the last post on here. How is everything going? Yall find a new house? How is Vadar and R2?

(Edit yes I have yall on facebook but im bad about keeping up with all that lol)

~James

UtahSleeper

Wonder if they stick with facebook and other forms now. Seems like they post about their 4runner a bit, but not as much car work lately.

Hotrodhendrix

Hope not. They put a lot of work into this forum over the years. Facebook just isnt as cool as the good ol alltrac.net haha.

In the words of doc phil... Thats like a shoe with no shoe strings :twisted:

darthripley

we haven't abandoned the forum, just busy attempting to complete other projects here.

we still have no garage, no new house. the housing market here is insanely competitive with buyers offering cash along with bidding wars going well above the asking price. the inventory of houses available has gotten smaller since we started looking 2 yrs ago.
to say we've suffered quite a few hard knocks throughout this process is an understatement. i just tend to keep majority of it to myself.

Vadar is just sitting under a car cover awaiting an engine rebuild & turbo kit.
I'm working on locating some Tein coilovers for him which is proving to be difficult at best.
I'm also shopping for a set of modular (3 piece) 17" rims so I can achieve the width & offset to run without spacers in the rear.

R2 is alive & very well. the 4agze continues to surprise lots of people. we've had a great time with the car.
He's one of the main DD in our stable.
I will be working with an importer later this fall to bring in a 3rd gen 3sgte SW20 clip so he will be a MK1.5 once we find a house with a suitable garage.
I'm going to work on restoring/refurbing a set of 15" BBS RS001 rims I purchased for him a couple of years ago.

My Camry was repaired after his accident - you can only see a few areas where it was if you know where to look.
We will be adding a turbo to the motor later this month.
I will probably blow the auto trans in no time flat but it's something i've always wanted to do for the car & seeing as how i've had him 15 yrs now, it's way past time.

We have a '86 22RTE Turbo Truck & we've been working on making it more & more fun to drive as well as restored & repaired.
He was a 1 family owned Truck & saw little to no maintenance & no cleaning of anything in the interior.
He's been great for hauling stuff including pinball machines (another expensive but fun hobby)
He's come a long way since we first bought him & we will continue to make him great.
Sometime next year I'm planning on a small t3/t4 turbo upgrade along with larger/nicer custom exhaust system.
Going to keep him as near stock as possible with suspension refreshes & a re-paint with new graphics once i have a garage to keep him out of the Texas sun.

I will update the thread when we have a garage & when work gets going on Vadar again.
I can assure you all that Vadar will live again. Better than ever.
This year coming up he will be 25 yrs old so no more emissions testing here in Tx = super happy Ripley :D