I got the alltrac back ~Aug. '99.
I hunted for one for about a year. I found it in Michigan in perfect condition for a good price. The person had gotten laid off, and was selling it for 10k with only 69k miles. At the time I was having a hard time finding them for less than 15k with many more miles or damage.
Day after I bought it.
For a long while I did not have plans for the car. I thought it wa great. My only complaint was understeer, which I was not used to. I had come from a rwd celica gt, and was not really used to front biased cars. I loved the car. I came from a poor family, and was working myself up the ladder, and this was my first major purchase. It has always been a symbol of progress and that I can make it. I worked non stop for 6 months to pay off the loan. The car has been paid for since.
The car stayed stock for a long time. Up until the accident.
It was always intimidating to look under the hood. there was so much crap that had to be removed to do anything.
The only mod the car ever had before the accident was a k&n drop in filter. Even that was a pain in the aqss to install. I did buy other things, but ended up returning them or selling them since I didn't really have any tools and it was such a major task to do anything to the car.
About 5 years ago I was in a fender bender. This is when I became mod happy. I used to insurance $ to get a RC hood and bumper instead of oem. The shop who was doing the work, was friends with my dad so I got this wholesale.
He offered to paint the whole car a new color for the cost of paint, and 100 bucks. My first mistake. The paint job looked good for about 6 months, then it started washing off and chipping off. The car was never painted right. It especillay sucks since the cars red paint was in prestine condition. The guy sorta disapeared after that (divorced) so I was stuck with it. I used the claim $ to buy more after market parts. A st205 IC as well as some y2k celica wheels. I eneded up getting rid of the IC which had all kinds of drama with the mr2 board, this board and roo. (Shipping damage). I eneded up taking it back, and getting rid of it since I was unsure of what to do to fix it. I ended up getting materials fora fmic but never got it installed. Always was looking for a cheap outlet for welding.
The wreck did get me to start talking to my dad again, who I had not spoken to in several years.
After the wreck.
The death of a perfect paint job.
Just after getting new wheels. Y2k celica wheels.
First celica meet. Also the day of the first autox. Everyone thought the car was lowered, but I had blown front stuts which I replaced, and hated the cheap replacements. The car did well.
The car started suffering some due to me being out of work. It wasn't getting the aftermarket stuff it needed, and maintenence like it needed.
Once I got work again, I got mod happy.
I ended up getting some tein HAs, new wheels, spacers and some other mods. After getting teins, and some ADR fuels. Stupidly, I never dealt with the IC issue.
Even thought the paint job was bad, it did create a new color I fell in love with, which I would like to get recreated someday.
Out second celica meet, which also ended in an autox. As usual, I am the only person from the meet running. I leanred a lot about tires at this event.
Here is a short vid from that meet on the dragon.http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p136 ... I_0890.flv
As I started getting funds to get the car back into shape, a horrible thing happened on the way to the dragon. I sucked in a chunk of intake at killed my turbo. The car got me home. I drove it one more time, which is when the turbo blew and dropped the oil out on the interstate. I put the car up for sale right away. I sold most of my aftermarket parts but was insulted with most of the offers I was given for the car.
That day I decided I was done with cars. I went out that night and bout a 350z. I wanted something done.
After going into debt for 30k, after a while I started missing having a paid off alltrac. It was rotting in another town, so I decided to revive it.
I found a good deal on a st205 engine and someone to put it in for me. It took them a few months to get it in, and then I brought it to my house where I would do the rest of the swap conversion myself.
I stayed busy and worked a lot so I had a hard time getting around to it. Took me a year to really do.
You can see much of the efforts here.viewtopic.php?t=8675&highlight=
The swap is pretty much done less 1 issue I have. I need to locate a new ecu. The code 54 function is blown, so I am looking for a new one.
I had lots of plans for this car. In the time it took me to do the swap I paid off the Z. Also after driving both cars, its nice to have a warranty. So the Z stays. I had concidered making the alltrac a track machine and stripping it of its civility, but I have grown in another direction in my life.
I am an artist and a designer and my obsession with cars hinders my work. I love cars, but all in all, I love to drive. I will not be turning this into any track machine. Its a much better winter car then my Z. I will restore it, andget it painted right. Then I won't be doing much to it.
I will get a new clutch (I regret not doing this during the swap) installing a boost controller, and an emange. Then I am done. The car will see some autox's and maybe a few track events, but thats about it. I do not have the time to dedicate to being a competitive driver. I love to drive, and I love my alltrac but it will most likely turn into just a nice, fun car and remain my symbol of progress and accomplishment.
I am sure there is more to say about the life of my project alltrac, but I have work to do and we have to get our online shop going so, thats all I have time for.
As of March 2013 my car now looks like this:
My project thread is big and spans across the 13+ years I have been apart of this forum. I am adding sort of a table of contents as I doubt anyone has any time to read this whole things. I do often post pics on instagram @noritoy
Vlog on Youtube http://youtube.com/cmsgt4
Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnkG4Ye ... e=youtu.be
• st205 rear lsd installed: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=45
• Trying to pick a new color for paint: viewtopic.php?t=19685&highlight=paint0
• Sard MIG: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=120viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1875viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1950
• damaged lugnut removal: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=135
• 205 intercooler restore: viewtopic.php?p=228857#228857
• Ford racing intercooler pump: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=195
• Final drive gearing charts: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=195
• Still trying to figure out the AC on a 205 swap: viewtopic.php?p=245904#245904
• Corner weights: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=240
• ASI rad: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=255
• Engine bay wrapped up: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=420
• Tein HA rates: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=405
• Attempts are using 205 calipers on sti rotors (failed): viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=420
• 205 rotors and calipers: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1080viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1515viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1605viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1635
• Gas tank repair: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=480
• Dealer sticker: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=510
• Battery in truck: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=525
• Painter drama, long read. Police were involved: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=540viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=885viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=930
• Guess the color contest, the winner got 165 shirt made by me: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=660
• Body kit designs: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=960viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1035viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1455viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1470viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1530viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1545viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1560viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1680viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1695viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1725
• Pearl black supra toyota emblem: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1800
• 5x114 conversion research + wilwood BBK + 205 rear brakes: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1050viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1515viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1740viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1770viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1830viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1845
• 350z rays test fit: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1845
• custom wheel adapters: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1875
• Off to final paint: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1080viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1185viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1200
• Link for part dimension research: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1110
• Water temp gauge: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1155
• Moved to STL: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1245
• aem wideband: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1245
• code 54: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1275
• removing an easy out from a downpipe: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1320
• steering column gauge/ window sqirters: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1335
• Stubby antenna: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1395
• door speakers/ interior repaint: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1410
• RC vent fog research: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1695
• Boost controller/ interior/ headunit: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1425viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1470
• direct wire radar detector/ cubby with aftermarket headunit: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1560
• Around the world: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1485
•Aftermarket steering wheel horn mod: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1515
•rear strut bar: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1560
• trim restore: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1710
•tierod flip kit & roll center adjuster: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1830
• Brake duct build: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&p=445049#p445049
• 2012 autox: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1575
• 2012 post paint photos:viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1350viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41859viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1380viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1440viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1455viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1500viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1515viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1575viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1710
• 2013 Photosviewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&p=444950#p444950viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891&start=1965
Mods to date:
St205 engine and intercooler with upgraded heat exchanger
ford racing intercooler pump
greddy profb spec2
3" turbo back exhaust to a Sard MIG catback
custom K&N intake
St205 rear torsen LSD
Super pro suspension bushings
Whiteline rear sway bar
whiteline f/r stut bars
Racing beat adj endlinks
Feal 441 coilovers
T3 caster/ camber pillow mounts
Mario Konig Rear solid LSD mount
Cusco Chasis underbrace
front 5x114 conversion
rear 25mm spacers
(Summer) sportmax 050 17x9 /(winter) ADR Fuel
st205 rear calipers and brakes
BFG braided lines front Revolution rear lines
Custom wilwood BBK with 2 piece rotors
Autometer boost and water temp in custom column pod
RC Hood and Bumper
Pearl Black toyota emblem
HKS Turbo timer
Momo Shift knob and Steering wheel
Battery relocated the trunk
ASI 56mm Aluminum radiator
Spal Slim fan
Kicker subs in the doors
Gt Silver Metallic paint.
RC Hood and bumper
JDM front corner lights
walboro 255 pump
braided clutch line
extended slave cylinder rod
...more to come
Youtube show: https://www.youtube.com/cmsgt4
Last edited by CMS-GT4
on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 90 times in total.