Project CMS

CMS-GT4

The roller was much harder to use on the front. I gained a few more mm of clearance though for those really hard turns.

I have so many projects going right now, I think I might hold off on some of my mods till later.

I have to get my print shop up asap and work on my online store.

So I am going to sort out my idle issue, set my suspension height and get an alignment. I will either send it in to get the rear lsd installed or do it myself in a month or two. I still need to bleed the brakes and put some better fluid in.

CMS-GT4

Tried filling the fluid in the rear tiff to get me by till I can take it to a shop and have them replace it with the torsen.

I need to add another thing thing on my list as reason I need to kick mister toyota n the balls.

I tried a few things, Put a bendy drinking straw on the end of the diff oil contatiner. It helped. Ended up messing the bottle up trying to come up with a faster method.
I picked up a oil pump for running fluids into tight places. So I should be able to finish that this week, then send it in.

I just have to figure out if there ar any clips or parts that I need to get for swapping a torsen into an opened diff.

I might have to reedit this in the morning, my sleeping pill started kikcing in before I started typing this.

I will most likely not be messing with the car till the end of the week. I need to double check some vac hoses, then fill the rear diff. Then I am going to adjust the height and take it to a shop to install the rear lsd. After that it gets an alignment. That might be all it gets before the dragon meet, just cause I have so much going on with the online store and the print shop. I had planned on being ready so I could do dragon shirts in time, but those just won't happen this year.

I was sort of happy that the rear lsd was open. I hope this leads to more handling potential to the alltrac.

I have been realy busy with the printshop, since its my priority.
I hope to have the shop operational this next week then I have a large project with an art print contest I held. Mostly trying to get my main projects done and slowly finish the alltrac.

It might take a few more months, but I want it done right.

smog7

rolled fenders! thats awesome. did you just roll the top of the fender or the whole thing? *Edit* also is this the type of pump you used? Im going to be changing out the fluids on my car soon and I need to source one of these.
amsoilpump.jpg

CMS-GT4

No, the pump I got looks like a mini basketball pump but its setup for fluids.

I rolled the majority of the fenders. The machine could not do the bottoms. I figuredI would just blend it and leave the bottoms so I can easily rinse out dirt.

CMS-GT4

Alright. Here's an update.
I made a final list of things I am doing before the meet, then I am going to slow down a little on the car.

I adjusted my Teins today to the specs in the HA sheet. I sort of want to make the fronts a little lower. To their specs the rears are lower.

I also sorted out my high idle issue.
I plugged in the a/c vsv and it fixed the rev issue. I am going to test drive it again. I need to examine my lines for the turbo vsv. I also need to hook up my boost controller. I am going to finish my suspension height this week, then get my lsd installed, then the alignment.

Here is the new idle vid.
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p136 ... I_4852.flv

Here are some pics of the alignment to Tein's specs.

img4846cp8.jpg

img4847aa6.jpg

img4848ry0.jpg

img4849on1.jpg

C-dubb

Looking good. Glad to hear you're getting a lot of the bugs worked out. What size and offset are your wheels? spacers? They look great.

CMS-GT4

Thanks.

17x9 38et 255/40/17.

I just took it for a ride. After lowering the front an additional 15mm (5mm lower than the rear) And it handles even better. Maybe its just how I like thecar to feel or something, but the front is so much better. The whole car is better since I lowered it more.

I just installed the whiteline front strut bar. It barely clears the 205 catch can. Clears the IC just fine. I have been driving around with no strut bars at all (even oem).
I am going to see if I can tell anything different from just a front bar. I will install the rear bar in the morning and compare, and if I have time, I might install the oem body brace. I was wanting to paint it first before installing it. I might do that in the morning as well.

C-dubb

CMS-GT4":1qmbz4l6 said:
Just for the hell of it, I wanted to PS a savage lip on just to see how it would look.

savagetestsq1.jpg

I Have been thinking about adding a lower lip to the RC bumper when i get it put on properly. Did you PS and see how it looks from the front View?

CMS-GT4

No, not yet. I would need to take a pic of the car in an angle close to that of a car already with the savage lip.

I will most likely leave it alone.

CMS-GT4

Supra Quicksilver most likely.

I went ahead and Ps'ed the rest of the kit. I think its safer for me to just keep it stock.

savagetestsb4.jpg

I think I will make my own black lip before getting the savae lip.

savagetestrc2.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I took the wife for a ride the other day...

She hates the car now. She now calls it a peice of shit.
But of course, she does not understand, I call it RAW.

The suspension is super stiff, and I am still puting things back together.

I am getting a little backfire in the exhaust, which she doesn't understand.

There are some rattles that I need to tighten when I put everything back together, the exhaust is loud, the engine is loud and the dash and center consolde are out.

She was hiding in the seat while I drove. She won't ride in it again till I finish it. Paint and all.

Its funny how stiff this thing is compared to the Z.

After puting the strut bar on, it became harder to drive on our roads. The car is so friggin tight that you are being thrown off the road when you hit a bump. Its too tight for the street. At least our streets.

I do not think I would suggest such a stiff coilover to anyone. If I had it to do over again, I think I would have saved up for some DMS.
Or just got some nice Koni struts and some ground control.

Unless you are all out racing your car, I would not suggest such an aggressive setup. I would look for something that keeps control while absorbing harsh roads.

I did find that strut bars make a difference. Steering input is improved but the car is more prone to being thrown off balance when hiting a harsh bump. So, I am going to soften the car up a little for the road, just not sure how yet.

CMS-GT4

Tein HA coilovers, cusco underbrace, whiteline sway and strut bars. Car is pretty solid. Its not as bad by myself. My wife hates it though.

I just installed the rear strutbar (which was a pain) while cleaning up the glass from my old busted hatch.

I took it for a drive. The front bar is an improvement, but I think the rear bar added makes the real difference. The car is a bit sharper on turns. Feels more responsive. Its sort of cold tonight the car feels very quick. Turn in is better. Less push. I look forward to the lsd and alignment. I have a lot of negative camber on the rear, which I am sure is adding to my understeer.

The car feels very raw. It snarls and spits and clutches to the pavement as I come around the bend. The steering still isn't exactly what i want, but its raw w/o power steering.

I just have to get used to being on the throttle coming into a turn to help reduce lag when I am in mid turn and exit.

CMS-GT4

The car is consuming me again. I need to distract myself from it. I am going to have a mechanic do the next few things lsd, fuel pump etc..

then I am just going to do a steering wheel and the boost controller and see you guys at the meet.

CMS-GT4

So I just dropped the car off to a toyota tech who works onthe side.

He is fixing my power steering leak, installing my lsd, and last of my suspension bushings as well as my walboro fuel pump.

All that I will have left to do before the meet is an alignment, boost controller, steering wheel and double check my vac lines.

smog7

CMS-GT4":3sa1kq8k said:
The car is consuming me again. I need to distract myself from it. I am going to have a mechanic do the next few things lsd, fuel pump etc..

then I am just going to do a steering wheel and the boost controller and see you guys at the meet.

the drug, its addicting