Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Well toyota called, but there part still was not here. They ordered a bolt on accident. So I am still waiting on the part.
I did get my axle seal though. I am not sure if there is a trick to installing it. I plan on doing the new axle next week.

I am doing a final flush on the rad now, and then I am going to rehookup all my wiring on the inside since I pulled it looking for issues.

Kcman91gts

Which axle seal is it , are they the ones located inside your transmission when its taken apart or on the outside where the axle goes in , if its the ones on the outside of the trans where the axles slide in , all you need to do is take some lith grease and put it around the outside of the seal and then hammer it evenly into the recess around the axle port . very simple but you gotta becareful because if the lip of the seal is damaged youll get a oil leak .

CMS-GT4

I got the seal for outside the trannny on the passenger side. The part department says thats the only seal for the axle. I thought there was a ring that went on the inside of the tranny too.

etantshi

CMS-GT4":3qtruzbw said:
I got the seal for outside the trannny on the passenger side. The part department says thats the only seal for the axle. I thought there was a ring that went on the inside of the tranny too.

You're not thinking about the lip that the c-clip that's on the end of the axle slips into are you? I don't know about any other rings in the axle area of the tranny, that have to do with sealing up fluid.

CMS-GT4

I might be. For some reason I thought a little ring gasket got placed inside the housing.

I am going to replace my 205 AC compressor w/ my old 185 one. It won't kick on, so I assume that the 185 controls will not activate it.

I am also trying to figure out how to install the speed cut defensor.

Nitro_Alltrac

Hey Josh, glad to hear that you got it running. I know that the damn electrical demons will make a man crazy. They have pushed me to the edge a couple of times. The really agravating thing is that these things usually end up being something simple like you had.

I am looking forward to see the beast at the next meet!

CMS-GT4

I look forward to having it at a meet for once. Its been since 2002 or 2003 I think since my alltrac made it to a dragon meet.

We got the downpipe off and I ground out the hole to be larger so I can fit the stud. The design of the DP was off.

I took out the 205 compressor. I did not use vacuum grease, so it got all kind of aluminum corrosion in there from moisture. I am prepping the old air compressor right this time.

Its raining now, so the project has been stopped. But I just got to put it all back together. Then do the axle and I am set.

CMS-GT4

I got the old compressor on, and the downpipe back on after the rain. Since I ground out the hole the dp fits much better. Once I get some new, better, bolts for the midpipe the exhaust will be done. I am hoping I will have a working compressor now.

More to come monday if weather permits.

I have put a lot of energy into this car. It better really "put out" the fun once I finish.

CMS-GT4

I suggest paying more for a better downpipe. The bracket did not even match up. I had to grind and cut just to make the damn thing hook on to a single bolt rather than two. Its at least solid though. I think the angle is slightly off on the midpipe end.

It seems tight though. I should not have an exhaust leak now.

After I get back, I am flushing the system and putting more back on.

CMS-GT4

The cap came in today. Its backwards from my OG cap, but it works since the cord is so long.

The car runs more quiet now. Now, I can get to fixing other things.

CMS-GT4

I just took it for a run around the block. Runs well. Still a little dip in idle while driving. I need to hook the IC pump back up, and it will be streetable again.

CMS-GT4

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:smokes: :smokes: :smokes: :smokes: :smokes: :smokes: :smokes:

So I took the car for a drive. I could not resist. I have homework, but it can wait. I went out, and hooked up my code 54 and IC pump and took it for a spin.

I was right. The powersteering idle up was leaking. I capped the lines and that seemed to sort out the leak. I still get a slight dip in idle though after letting off the gas and sometimes idle goes down.

Anyhow. Its faster than it was before. I almost went off the road, cause I didn't expect it when I floored it. It is also more drivable.

Its possible, there is still a slight vac leak, but possibly not. It runs great. Seems to get around 14-15psi.

Now its time to do the axle and get it prepped for paint.