Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Well that damn lug tool scratched up my wheels some. I bought some polishing compound and tools so I hope I can do the repairs myself.

I am also going to polish the muffler.

I finally sourced out some cheaper axles. So I hope to order that this week.

I am trying to get in touch with the paint guy so I can get the ball rolling and finish this thing up.

I am also trying to determine if my O2 is going bad and is the cause of my poor fuel economy.

I was also watching a cheap EDFC on ebay, but I called Tein to be sure that it fits. They say there is not enough thread on the fronts and it will give an error. If I sell my emanage in the next week or two, I think that money is going towards that.

CMS-GT4

It looks like my O2 sensor was going bad. I need to find a new one so I cna have better fuel economy. I meet with the paint people tomorrow.

CMS-GT4

So my PS was not leaking. It was overfull. I drained some of it and its back to normal.

I also bought some buffing compound and a buffing wheels and started on the muffler. It cleans up nice and shiny. I have done part of the tip so far.

I took a small dremel buffer to my wheel scratches but it did not work well for me. It just took off some paint. I would like to try and find some touch up spray for my wheels so I can get rid of the scratches and spray a light coat to blend everything.

Any idea where i can find the paints?

CMS-GT4

I guess its safe to say that my driver side axle is shot. I guess I am going to go ahead and order a new one so I can get that swapped out.

Dr tweak is still trying to help me resolve my AC issues.

CMS-GT4

The car is on the road, I just need to sort out the axle before going on long trips. I found another rebuilt axle on ebay for 50 bucks plus core.

I hope to have it next week and get it changed asap. I was supposed to meet with the paint people today, but they canceled. I hope to meet with them next week.

I got my new lugnuts today. OBX acorn nuts fit the sportmax holes. I was almost afraid they would not. Black acorns look better than those battered chrome rust ones I had before.

For some reason I thought toyota put a 90-91 shifter in my car years ago. Turns out, it was a 92-93. I am going to modify my shift rod to accept the 92-93 clicker than sell my old 92-93 assembly.

Things are coming together, I just got to be patient.

CMS-GT4

So I modified my shifter today. I had large washers as my spacers but I found something new to modify them with. I also drilled holes in my short shifter and added the plastic clicky thing that my shifter used to have. The shifter has less slack in it now. All I need to do now is replace the bushing on the gearbox and I am set shifterwise.

I need to decide which shift knob to use. I like my weighted Razo, but I also like my Momo shifter.

img0041xx6.jpg

CMS-GT4

I screwed up and paid too much to have an aircon unit put in my house today. The wife's mad at me and I am bummed out. I don't feel like working on cars anymore. I wonder how much I could get for my alltrac. Its almost done, but damn, I am just so sick of working on cars.

CMS-GT4

I bet if someone offered me 8k right now, I would be pretty close to sell. I think I love this machine too much, and would be logical if I sold it so I would focus on other parts of my life more.

syko says

You gotta do what you gotta do. It will be sad for you to sell it. Especially since you put so much blood sweat and tears into her. However, there is a limit as to how much effort you can and cannot put out. Shit happens. For better or for worse. :)

Anyhow, whatever you choose to do, ultimately it is your decision. And whatever you do, I am sure the Alltrac community will support amd understand your decision to do so.

CMS-GT4

I am going to give the car a little more time. My passion for these damn alltracs is wearing on me though. I got to separate my mind some.

lumbercis

HAHA! I don't know if someone with 5000 posts on a car forum is capable of giving it up entirely.

Sounds like you just need a break. You have a DD right? If so ignore the trac, spend some time with the wife, pursue other hobbies and come back to it when you feel like it.

Remember, you should be having fun.

J. :smokes:

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":2wy94m8a said:
I bet if someone offered me 8k right now, I would be pretty close to sell. I think I love this machine too much, and would be logical if I sold it so I would focus on other parts of my life more.

I took the last 2 years to focus on adjusting to living and working here in TN, so the car sat in "storage mode" in my garage during that time. Only recently have I gotten the car smogged & registered and no sooner than I had it running around town, I went and put the thing back up on jack stands to overhaul the suspension.. so don't feel bad if you need to take some time off away from the car.. we've all done it.

I've had my car for just about as long as you have, and I've got thousands of man hours invested into the car so its hard to let go, but at the same time if it was a legitimate source of frustration and something that was negatively impacting my life, I'd have no issues with moving on.

There have been many times I've seriously considered selling my car for several different reasons.. In fact if I do end up moving back to Cali in the near future, I may consider selling my car because of the way they keep tightening their emissions laws.. This isn't even taking into account the drama certain So Cal cops give to guys like us with modified rides..

Whichever way you choose, whether its taking a break or selling the car - do it for the right reasons, and be at peace with it because the last thing you need is to start regretting and start blaming others over a car..

At the end of the day, its just a car.. and for you and me, a hobby car at that..

CMS-GT4

I don't think I would blame anyone over the car, but I do wish I had more room for it. I work out of my garage doing silkscreeening and that gives me even less room to store a vehicle.

I guess what kills me is I set goals with time and money and when I do not meet them I freak a bit. School is going to start soon, and I planned on having so much done, including the car.

I guess I just need to really think this thru and get done what I can and then go from there.