Project CMS

soarer.jzz30

There isn't any reliable way to dye carpet Btw. I've dried and it'll fade every time and never look nice.
Also I have a link for a 3" ID dual tip muffler on eBay that is ss and looks very similar to oem

CMS-GT4

Been working on the CRV, so I had to take the alltrac to drop the kid off at school today. Turns out a car seat fits alright. I just don't let her wear shoes so she doesn't kick the recaros with them. She loves the boost. Everytime we launch she cackles and says weeee! when we turn.
Once I finish the CRV and some work on the house I'll align the suspension and get the AC charged so I can enjoy the car this summer.

11351036_622143397922484_579719265_n.jpg

soarer.jzz30

I can fit the forward facing one behind me and one rear facing behind the passenger seat. Somehow it works for a family car in the winter. Of course I'll need to make sure the a/c is also good and cold in mine, fun times glad it's back driving for now.

CMS-GT4

There is not a lot of legroom for my kid behind the passenger seat currently. I may get the wife in, and see how they all fit together once I get the AC going.

MWP

The spherical bearings in my T3 strut tops just shat themselves (teflon liner squashed out) :cry:
They have lasted ~6 months of occasional weekend driving.
It'll be interesting to see how long yours last.

After going through a few aftermarket camber tops, i think im going to look at making my own with a proper sized bearing.
Ive found out the bearing TTE ran in the Celicas/Corollas which are still easy enough to get :)

CMS-GT4

That sucks to hear. Can you find a possible higher quality bearing to get by with? Did you use their swivel bearing add on? They suggested I get those to move the stress from the bearing to the block and I wonder if that's why. Currently I am using Feals thrush bearings. I need to double check if the load sits on the bearing housing or if a spacer puts it on the bearing.

MWP

IMHO their needle bearing swivel top is a tricky way for them to sell more products.
If they put a reasonable sized bearing in the camber top to begin with, it wouldn't be needed.

The bearing T3 use is rated to ~7,000lb axial load.
The bearing TTE used is rated to 11,500lb axial load.

CMS-GT4

I'll be watching to see what you come up with. If my LCA is ever done I will decide if I still need the extra caster of their top hat.

In other news I won a fierce manual boost controller a while back, and I did a small review on it. I will be selling the Greddy EBC once I take the dash out, and running this for now.

https://youtu.be/z_BOVANlrP4

CMS-GT4

Street alignment is done. Car is buttoned up, and I took it for a nice run down a decent road I found. AC gets charged next week, and hopefully an autox next weekend. If I get some time this week I am working on some wiring for another video.

11379926_1134226629927053_2100396243_n.jpg

MWP

Its a bit like that isnt it?
Make a heap of setup changes, need to learn to drive it again.

Ill be going through the same thing next weekend at the next OzGymkhana.

CMS-GT4

It's partly due to all the changes. The dynamic is different than before. The main problem is now seat time. Seems the past two years I have driven the car less than 300 miles and there are hardly any turns here or places to get a feel for the car. If I do drive it's in a suv and its on some of the most boring roads you can imagine except for the fact they are covered with idiots. I spend my driving time watching out for other people rather than looking for fun turns.
I will be on the hunt for some fun roads in the future though. I may have stumbled across one less than 10 miles from my house that would be good enough for some short burst driving. A few others and I may plan a road trip a couple hours from here for some decent roads.

mike325ci

Haha I know what you mean. People who daily drive the cars they race drive better versus those of us that just drive it at the track/autocross. I put maybe 1000 miles on my alltrac in the past 5 years lol...

Let us know how it goes~~ I want to take mine out soon too as I haven't done any driving since I upgraded brake pads (remember I was never satisfied with the brakes on this car).

CMS-GT4

mike325ci":1l1zbg2q said:
Haha I know what you mean. People who daily drive the cars they race drive better versus those of us that just drive it at the track/autocross. I put maybe 1000 miles on my alltrac in the past 5 years lol...

Let us know how it goes~~ I want to take mine out soon too as I haven't done any driving since I upgraded brake pads (remember I was never satisfied with the brakes on this car).

I was running ports and high temp fluid and the car did fine at autox. It was a couple runs of the dragon before I saw them really fade. The same setup with oem fluid could barely make a single pass at the dragon before braking seemed dangerous. I have not had a chance to really put the wilwoods and 205s through their paces, but hopefully I can get a feel next week.
After living here for 4 years I have become even more weary of taking the alltrac out for anything but car dedicated events. If a god had to judge people by the way they drive, it would damn this whole midwestern region. Between the shitty parking or disregard for other people's cars and bad driving I don't know how anyone can keep a nice car here.

RedCelicaTRD":1l1zbg2q said:
Did you ever get the A/C working properly?
I have a trick that makes it work currently, but Allen Wood has been working on a solution I will be testing out once the AC is charged again. We'll keep everyone posted.

CMS-GT4

My first ever helmet purchase came in yesterday. I still hit the roof, but I can angle out the sunroof. I was measuring too to see how much clearance I needed. I think the sunroof delete would do it for me. I might look into making the plug over the winter unless I magically get some free time.

11358052_837599392984722_1816380169_n.jpg