Project CMS

CMS-GT4

8/7kg. After I am doing doing some Por15 work on the rear end, I am going to reinstall the back parts and then figure out if I am going to wait for my new control arms to install the fronts. Hoping to be riding on them in the next two weeks or so to get a feel for them.

Redswan

CMS-GT4":1amd0s9b said:
11111541_1380668198899432_1879859559_n.jpg

Josh,

I'm pretty sure that is not a 'Kix' approved method for using a kiddie pool :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_ogRhQogA

CMS-GT4

Kix would not like a lot of things I do. No children are allowed in the garage or in the car. Even my dog is terrified to ride in the alltrac. I think its the loud exhaust though.

Redswan

Thats pretty funny. I show my oldest how to fix stuff and how it works on my car. My little one loses interest pretty quick when I am explaining something.

CMS-GT4

I will either do charcoal or black. Right now I might be putting a lot of mods off for down the road. I need to make a priority list. I am tired of working on cars, and I miss driving. Once I get this thing pieced together I doubt I will be doing anything major for a couple years. I was thinking of doing engine and drivetrain next winter, but I don't want to risk having the car down for a while again. I am way behind schedule.
I got my new spindles apart last night, and dropped them off at the machinist. They will be reaming the holes and shaving off some material from the steering arm to make them flush with the insert. Expecting those back next week. Then I am just waiting on the LCAs and new hardware I ordered.

Today I will be cleaning off any other rust I can discover and painting everything and doing some POR15 on a few sections. I can't beleive how rusted up the whiteline sway bar is. None of the whiteline stuff I have owned has had paint worth a damn. Luckily the chassis is 99% rust free and just has a couple of surface spots from contact with bolts and washers that rusted. Its nice knowing the chassis is in good shape and will be around a long while. The only other fluke I might have to deal with is I saw some oil between the driveshaft and rear diff. I really don't know what thats about.
Also a small tip. This Jabsco stuff eats rust like crazy. Really good for cleaning and restoring parts. I used it on one of the subframe bolts that started rusting up to make it new again.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,738
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 1,738
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1

CMS-GT4

All the work is done and waiting on parts and hardware to come in. I am heavily considering selling the Sard Mig and getting one of those 3" ebay exhausts just because I have no interest in taking this all apart again when the time comes. The mig needs a little work, and I considered just buying a new muffler for it, but for the cost of the muffler and getting it welded on, I am already a good chunk towards the new exhaust.

CMS-GT4

Been starting to sell a few extra things. Due to the new arms, I won't need the cusco brace, so it should find itself a new home soon. Still waiting on the new arms to be finished. The rear bushing will either be spherical or Delrin. Not sure yet.

All the undercoat paint and such is done, and new spindles have been reamed and cleaned. Painting them with some Por15, then putting the rear end back in.
I was looking at some camber plates on ebay for the rear, but I don't think they will work, so I will likely look into some rear arms once I have the budget for it.

I bought an extra set of 205 rear calipers, but that whole ordeal was a mess. Seems the pad pin is seized as well, so if I can not remove them, I will have to cut them off. I'll likely rebuild them and sell my old calipers that are on the car. I want to get this thing done soon, because I am well into driving season, and it just sits on jack stands.

11269192_539664739504884_1915691123_n.jpg

TheNubkins

Sucks about the seized pin! Hopefully you can get it all pieced back together quickly. I was doing my rear wheel bearing and the outer bearing race is seized inside of the carrier assembly, so now it's up on stands waiting for a new carrier...I've got a good sense of your frustration I'm sure lol. Can't even get it out with a shop press. lol. So about your rear brakes, you decided to go with the 205 setup correct? Is there a reason why you went this route instead of another aftermarket big brake kit, say something from Revolution Brake? They offer a front kit for our cars on their site, and will also offer a rear one(which isn't listed on the site) if you email/call to inquire about it. I ask because you've done, by far, more suspension and handling mods than most others and I'd like to know your opinion. I'm debating doing a big brake kit, front and rear, either this summer or over the winter.

CMS-GT4

I have the fronts that I already made, so I won't be using their route for that. I went with the 205 rears because of price and ease. I bought a set in malaysia and had two sets of rear rotors. I figured I run this way till the rotors are mostly used up then look at my next plan which will involve a rear 5x114 conversion to match the fronts. Not sure if I will stay 205 or not. I think I figured out what rotors would be a direct swap for the hub conversion, so it will all depend on if I want to make new brackets and use wilwood calipers on supra rotors or stay 205 and switch. I guess it will all be up to budget. My budget may be tapped out for a while. Its crazy to think how much money I have put into my car the last 6 months, and to not have gained a single HP.

HP isn't everything, look the the brz/frs/gt86 there low hp but super fun to drive.
I would take a great handling car with moderate hp, then a high hp car you can only drive in a straight line.
If I could get my alltrac to be as fast as my sti and handle almost as good as my brz, it's the only thing I would ever drive.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, I don't mind not having a huge amount of power. Its just sort of shocking the dollar amount some areas of focus can take. I suppose the good thing about staying light on power for now is the reliability factor. I do hope in another year or two to do some power focus. A BPU 205 motor should get me by for a while until then.

I started selling a lot of things since I tapped out my budget. I am likely needing to get some rear arms made for camber adjustment. I hate using the crash bolts and these camber plates I found look like they would adjust caster as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camber-Plates-f ... 45&vxp=mtr

I am still waiting on my lower control arms.I finished all my chassis clean up and painting. I swear I must of taken off a pound or two worth of grease and dirt from under the car.
Going to drop off my spindles tomorrow to get the hubs and bearing pressed in, and get the rear end and suspension put back in. Here is hoping I am on the road again soon.
I also finished a custom diecast gtfour. A bit about it on the blog. noritoy.blogspot.com

EDIT: I also added pics of the rav4 brake shield compared to the 185. I think you just need to drill new holes and do some trimming, but it may be a good option for those with BBK.

Attachments

• IMG_5203.jpg
    IMG_5203.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_5033.jpg
    IMG_5033.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 1,584

CMS-GT4

Hoping to have my new arm end of next week, or maybe early the week after. Rear end is almost in. Just got to jack it up and bolt on.
11356462_485491484935732_68785155_n.jpg

My muffler isn't looking so good anymore. My dad is giving me a welder this summer, so I may leave it alone and fix it myself, or two other options. I am thinking either replacing the muffler with something else that is dual tip, or getting the ebay exhaust. One reason I like the sard piping is no resonator and it is likely lighter than other options. Plus I don't need 3" for some time I suspect. Its low priority because I need to focus the budget on other things until I sell more items to make up the difference.
11358956_1640827656140583_893806_n.jpg

In other news here is a post on the blog comparing spindles for maybe other's benefits.
http://cmsgt4.blogspot.com/2015/05/fron ... rison.html

CMS-GT4

The alltrac has landed. Got it button up, and on the ground for the first time in a long time. Under is por15 and the feals are installed. Planning a test drive tomorrow after I sort out the height. My lug nuts have chipped like crazy, so I stripped them to find chrome underneath. I prefer the black lugs, but these look better this way.

11420698_1445041172465181_979627129_n.jpg

CMS-GT4

Holy hell, I am happy. I really enjoyed driving the car yesterday. It only got cut short due to a storm.
Feal Test Drive video. More to come soon. https://youtu.be/cCV2JEznT1o

Wife ordered me a fancy camber/ caster gauge for father's day, so I have my old analog one for sale for $50 plus shipping.

CMS-GT4

The nut is there. That long bolt sticking up is in the bracket that holds it to the a-arm. Its just longer than it should be. Thanks for looking out though.

CMS-GT4

So a small update. I had been working on my garage and decided since the car was in a good state to replace the connector that broke off from the water temp sensor. After I finished I started the car and it barely runs now. It gives me a code 22. So now I get to spend important mod time figuring this bs out. So much for driving this summer. I hope I can get through it quickly.

To sort of decompress I made a storage setup for my carbon fiber hood so I can swap between the two as I please and have a nice wall art.

https://youtu.be/MP0bW1P2yzU

FC Zach

I like the idea, I did something similar in the past but nowhere near as secure. I used to have a peg board wall in the garage that I placed a pair of hooks spaced out to holes on the bottom of the hood. Now my spare hoods sit under the house, out of site and out of mind. I'd like to get them out and have the spares wall mounted and ready for use especially since the carbon hood currently on the car is in need of attention.

CMS-GT4

I wish I had more places to store this stuff. I needed this stand to be strong enough to support the oem hood too, because I won't run the CF hood all the time for those reasons. It will likely get worn for races and shows.
I fixed my wiring problem. I snapped off the wires from the EFI water temp sensor. So luckily I didn't melt or screw anything up. Luckily I have the plug from my 205 harness since toyota wanted $97 for all the components to replace the plug.