Project CMS

CMS-GT4

If I sold the calipers it would likely be for enough to cover a set of wilwoods or the porsche ones. I'll decide once I get everything else finished.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":3ugwqr2z said:
Picked up some generic Washer Nozzles from a local parts store. They fit the hood just fine.
They have an adjustable nozzle so I can get it over the hood spoiler. I have been debating on what I want to do with my brakes. I wanted to do a 5x114 conversion, and I have the parts but unless I have another set of wheels its really no point to upgrade at this stage. So I am now on the fence with maybe selling my 205 calipers and going with one of the off the shelf options right now just cause I am spending less and less time tooling on a car.
photoxvw.jpg

Giving up on the 5x114 conversion? We (my mech and I) had made progress with the conversion, but realized there were too many wheel options out there to worry about going that route. Plus I found a few companies that make old school style wheels, I want for my ST185. Wilwood has a kit for our cars. Simplify life. These days some have less time to fab up things for ours cars. Bolting on takes less time. :p

Btw, where did you pick up the washers? What model number are they, if I may ask?

CMS-GT4

They are literally a generic universal one they carry at oreilly auto parts. They screw on the bottom instead of clip. They fit, and they work so its good enough for me. Still not sure if I am giving up on the 5x114 yet, I am just not sure if I am going to bother with the 205 calipers.

I have a few options for what I can do:

1) Swap hubs from rav4 to 185 spindle. Use is300 rotors and shave a few mm off the caliper mounting points.
2) Buy the revolution BBK, which uses Supra rotors and swap the rav4 spindles once I finally get wheels that need them.
3) Use my c5 rotors and mock up a bracket for which ever spindle I use.
4) Install rav4 front brakes and spindles.

I am sure there are more options. I will likely be using these sport max wheels for a while. and I may just end up using my old ADR wheels for my winter wheels. I am not sure what my future wheels will be so I am less concerned with it at this time. I sort of want to decide on my brakes though by the time I finish everything else on the car so I can decide which spindles to drill for my tie rod flip kit.

CMS-GT4

The wilwood kit from Revolution is cheap. Its under $900. It used to be cheaper when it first came out. There is also the brembo kit sold on these boards. The oem 205 calipers are quite awesome, which is one reason I tired to keep them but I have to simplify this project as much as possible.

CMS-GT4

I have all four. The rear are bolt on, but the fronts can need work depending on how you approach it. The rotor is the hardest part of the setup. I might try and make some sort of mockup with wood, then I can easily make a metal version. We will see what I come up with down the road.

CMS-GT4

So I put everything back together and ran the car to the store. Grabbed a few pics to since the sun was shining. Usually when I take the car out there is overcast. I am going to start focusing on the interior and wrapping that up, then I can tinker under the hood as I get time.

photo11f.jpg

photo2th.jpg

photo3aen.jpg

photo4lx.jpg

photo5iy.jpg

photo1wm.jpg

Also my scion radio came in. First hurdle I already see is that it is wider than the oem radio. So if I use it, I need to modify my bezel or make a new one, even though I already bought a brand new one.

CMS-GT4

I have been slowly getting my life in order. I mostly focus on school and work. I will be done with a big work project soon, then I only have to focus on my normal job. I am planning on hitting a car meet saturday. I may take the alltrac is the weather is cool enough. I just raised the front several mm. Not quite as slammed looking. I need to do the other side still. I rub on the fender liner plastic, so I will resolve that on the driver side tomorrow so I have 0 rubbing noises like before.

Here it is with the front a little higher.

photofya.jpg

DudeMan

I can't get over the ginormous wheels/tires, looks amazing..

Your rims are perfectly aligned too. :)

Take any pictures from the back?

CMS-GT4

Thanks. There are some pics of the back a page or two back. Also some of the back in the mini St Louis meet thread.
EDIT: I always make sure my wheels are lined up when I put them on. ;)

Landon

his wheels are 17's...hows it ginormous? lol. but josh, it looks sooo good. even with the front raised a lil still looks superb. what do you mean you make sure they're lined up everytime you put them on? lol

CMS-GT4

So today I fixed the window motor on my Z. Then I raised the driver side and messed with the fender liner some.

I figured since I had time I wanted to look at the plugs. The first one I pulled looked normal. So I checked the gap. I had been in a hurry to get the car from the shop and get it to the shipper for the move so I installed the plugs as soon as they came in. I had not bothered checking the gaps. They were about 33. once I got to the rest of the plugs they were mostly black. I decided just to go ahead and change all the plugs and gap them properly. We will see how it runs once it charges. I need to take it around the block tonight to see if I get any rubbing still.

photo1ik.jpg

photovxu.jpg

Landon

the plugs don't look too bad if just running a little rich imo. why don't you just use like NGK iridium's so you don't have to gap? just out of curiosity.

CMS-GT4

I am running copper till I knew everything was right because they are much cheaper to go through. If I fould these at like 2 bucks a pop, its far cheaper for now.

CMS-GT4

So I had to go take back a redbox movie today, and since I did not drive the alltrac to the car show yesterday I decided to take it out with a break in the rain. I was a little concerned since I had made some chances and the car was sounding different. The idles sounded strange, and the car had not sounded like this since I had it. So I took it out. I went a bit slow at first since the car needed to warm up but after I dropped off the movie I decided to wring it out on the way home. Even with the higher ratio, the car seems so much more drivable now. And on acceleration I about scarred myself. The road was wet, and I was punching it up to about 60, but I did not expect it to pull that hard. I am not sure how much power a 205 with an intake and exhaust would make in 70 degree weather, but it is enough to where I am no longer in a hurry to switch to a 205 box. Perhaps once I put the boost controller in I might not bother any time soon if I don't need it. So the car is running good, and now I am going to try and get things wrapped up so I can start enjoying it next month since the paint will be fully cured. I had been waiting on help to fix my AC but I might have to start sorting it out myself so I can put the interior back together.
Here is the plan:
• Paint any items I need painted before it gets too cold: Mesh, wiper arms etc...
• Sand out scrapes from interior and paint them with oem color
• wire up scion radio
• Make fiberglass faceplate adapter for scion radio and hook it up
• Get AC to switch on
• hook up boost controller wiring, gauges and speed cut
• put interior back together with hopes of never taking it apart again
• fix rattles and noises

photocf.jpg

Landon

looks really good josh. i'm glad the paint came together finally. can you get your car to give any kind of wheel spin?