Project CMS

CMS-GT4

So it was nice today and I got a few things done. I am making a must be done before winter list and everything else can wait till spring. My goal is to get this small list done by the autox even next month. For the most part, its not a hard core list but its mostly things to have the car ready as a daily driver for when the winter gets here. Today I painted the wiper arms, and used my plastic restorer on the guard below the window. I also located a plater bracket that lets me mount a front plate.

photo1ewh.jpg

photo2fn.jpg

photo3mcw.jpg

photo1fu.jpg

GT4times2

The car is looking very good!! I love the color. When did you paint the engine bay?

I'm still deciding colors (whether to change the color (To Supra Anthracite), or find a different shade of maroon). I was never a big fan of the Alltrac maroon to begin with. Just cant decide on which color to go with.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I painted it back when I did the engine swap. I went black since I did not know what color the car would be painted back them.

EDIT: I also installed my scoop air duct and drilled out most of the broken bolt on my light.

CMS-GT4

So I started working on my AC wiring. I tried one setup and it did nothing. I am going to keep fiddling with it, because I need it done so I can put the dash back together. I am hoping to figure out how to remove the oem pass side vent too without breaking it so I can install a new one.

CMS-GT4

Got in my wires for the radio. Looks like my metra harness is meant for radios with RCA jacks which I was unaware of. Makes me wonder how I keep over complicating things. I could just plug in the oem radio, but I want iPod use and of course the tape deck does not work in my head unit. Anyhow. I need to figure out how I am going to wire up this scion head unit. I never did a radio install before so I guess I need to some research first. Of course when I get done with work.

UtahSleeper

Let us know what you find out on the Scion deck. I am considering that as an option on my 165.

Was there a reason to get that instead of a aftermarket stereo that already had ipod hook up?

CMS-GT4

My main reasons were cost being cheap and low profile oem look. I do not like putting visibile things in my cars that might lead to theft. I try to keep a lot of things low key or oem looking. The main flaw of using this radio is that it is wider than stock, so I will need to trim to bezel for it to fit. That has sort of put me on the fence as far as using it. I think its a good option, but I do wish it fit the oem bezel with no problems.

CMS-GT4

So I pulled the door panels for my new speakers that came in. I got some ssmb8s to put in the doors to replace the busted oem. I also got in my antena. I used the mount for an ST antenna and bought a stubby antenna for a y2k celica and it bolted right in. I started sanding my front plastic trim to polish them but I think I need to replace the main one on the hood due to a rock chip. Gtfour emblem should go on later this week as well.

photooqr.jpg

CMS-GT4

Its now officially a gtfour. Finally put on the badge. Now I am cutting the plastic to fit my new kickers and get those wired up so I can put the door panel on ones and for all.

GT4times2

3tcpower":aur8jarq said:
Let us know what you find out on the Scion deck. I am considering that as an option on my 165.

Was there a reason to get that instead of a aftermarket stereo that already had ipod hook up?

I was wondering the same. You can easily get an aftermarket headunit (in the mid $100 range, Alpine or Sony) with Ipod connection. Plus you have added space for gauges etc. Simplify your life, Josh! :)

CMS-GT4

I might do that. Anyone want to buy a scion radio?

I am running out of time and I want to simplify my project.

CMS-GT4

So one dor is done. Speaking of keeping things simple, I should have not gotten the kickers due to having to cut metal on the door too, but its done. At least one side. I need to cut the metal on the other side and I can put the other door on. Through all this car has been through I am surprised how good shape the door cars still are. I still need to clean them up some, and I need to find all the screws for them but they are not bad for almost 20 years old and the life they lead. Here is a comparison of the old and new speakers as well. Once the doors are done I will start organizing dash wires and then radio stuff.

photo1ioa.jpg

photo2icb.jpg

CMS-GT4

Speakers are now installed. I need to get some screws ordered for the panels and then they are done. I have sort of messed with the A/C some with no avail. I also painted some interior pieces. I got the paint from this thread. I then sanded the scraped and gouges with some 400 grit then moved up till I was at 2500 grit. Some of the scratches are still visible but this was a much cheaper option than buying a new glove box.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33350
Here are before and afters. I also did the center plastic section. I am saving the rest for my gauge pod and if there is any left over I will do my kick plates.

photo1or.jpg

photo4ct.jpg

Now I need to decide where my boost controller will mount and work on my gauge pod so I can wire up my gauges.

GT4times2

I love what you did to the glove box. Looks great! You've been my motivation for my project lately. I'm stripping the interior for a color change soon, so I will get some of these panels retouched. Did you get if from SEM online? I got some SEM products at my local paint shop/supply store (for another project).

I will see if they have it locally. I will take pics of where I placed my Boost Controller. What type of BC do you have? I have an HKS unit. I've been considering going AEM Tru-Boost lately for my ST185 (reduce the amount of gauges, clear things up a bit), then use the HKS for the up and coming ST165 (yes, another one)..( :evil: ).

If you don't mind, I will post pics to give you ideas, if needed.

CMS-GT4

Nah, I got them from vinyl pro. The link is in the post. A member got them to color match shadow gray interior. Its pretty spot on.
Yeah post pics for boost controller mounting. I am thinking I am going to use the pocket for the din and rig something that hides it. not sure yet. I have a pocket with a door too, but I don't think it will fit once the radio goes in.

This member had a good idea.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=31419&view=next

CMS-GT4

Today's project was to clean up and paint my new gauge pod. I bought it mostly done. I used some glazing bondo to fill in any cracks or dips then primed and painted it to match the interior. It does not have the texture of the bottom piece but it looks close enough. Tomorrow I will wire up the gauges and try and finish the under dash stuff less the radio.

photowhw.jpg