Project CMS

underscore

dat.jpg

CMS-GT4

I have also been looking into a HUD. There are a lot that connect to speed sensors etc.. but I found one that uses GPS data. With my steering wheel and gauge setup, I have a hard time seeing my speedo, and I have to do math when driving due to my tire sizes. This would allow me to see my speed better and give me an accurate reading. Its still cheaper then going with the s2000 cluster and the ratio speed converter.
I want to find more reviews on these.
http://www.amazon.com/Head-Up-Display-S ... 718&sr=1-1

CMS-GT4

So I stumbled onto something I should had already known. I had been looking at shapeways for making toys to make resin molds for, but I had not known they do metal too. I had contacted this guy, but I may just give it a go myself.
I can design the emblem in illustrator and then pull the eps into lightwave to extrude it into a 3d model. Then I can export it and have shapeways print my emblem design. Then I would just have to polish it and pour the colored resin.
So now I am going to decide if I am going to make the old toyota logo design or something new just for my car. I am leaning towards incorporating CMS since this is Project CMS.

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6266
http://www.iceresin.com/articles/coloring-ice-resin/

CMS-GT4

So I finished reproducing the old school Toyota logo in illustrator. Now I am going to pull it to lightwave 3d and try and make a model of what I will send to shapeways to be my new emblem. I need to decide on size. I am thinking small like in the 2" range.
d56188b8aa8611e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

I plan on doing the emblem in black. This is just to get an idea of sizing. The one on the left is 2.5" and the one on the right is more like 1.75". I am leaning towards the smaller size.

photo217i.jpg

CMS-GT4

Not sure on price yet. I imagine the cost of printing will be less than 20 bucks. Then the resins will cost me another 20, then the amount of time I put into buffing and injecting the resin. Of course since its for myself I am not going to charge my own time, but I do not imagine making more just cause there really isn't any profit in it. I might make the file available though for those who want to polish their own and take a hand at the resin. I am working on the 3d model now. Its been a long time since I had used lightwave, so it is going slow, but I hope to have something to send by next week.

CMS-GT4

So now that I have a new jack and some extra jack stands I decided to put the car up to start taking care of my main list of things so I can spend the rest of the summer focusing on my business.

I am going to hit up tweak about the AC cause, I just want it done at this point.
While I am down there I am trying to sort out a few things. I am wondering if I can change the vac system on the PS pump without having to remove the pump. I am considering running it back into the vacuum system.

I am also trying to figure out why my washer pump is not working. If I hook a 9v battery to it, it works. It does not work plugged into the car. I am wondering if this plug is in any way related to it.
photo3cf.jpg

While down here I noticed this plug hanging. I no longer have a wiring BGB, and its been years since I had really been into this wiring. Any idea what it could be?
photo49or.jpg

tubasteve

CMS-GT4":opiaqold said:
So now that I have a new jack and some extra jack stands I decided to put the car up to start taking care of my main list of things so I can spend the rest of the summer focusing on my business.

I am going to hit up tweak about the AC cause, I just want it done at this point.
While I am down there I am trying to sort out a few things. I am wondering if I can change the vac system on the PS pump without having to remove the pump. I am considering running it back into the vacuum system.

I am also trying to figure out why my washer pump is not working. If I hook a 9v battery to it, it works. It does not work plugged into the car. I am wondering if this plug is in any way related to it.
photo3cf.jpg

While down here I noticed this plug hanging. I no longer have a wiring BGB, and its been years since I had really been into this wiring. Any idea what it could be?
photo49or.jpg

bottomm picture i believe is turbo vsv or the tvis connector. i think its for tvis

CMS-GT4

It is likely for TVIS then, and it makes sense since I have no TVIS hooked up on the 3rd gen engine. Its been like 5 years or so now since I had done the wiring and I starting to forget things. I might tie this one up with the loom with some zipties so it does not freak me out again. Thanks TS.

tubasteve

CMS-GT4":3illja7c said:
It is likely for TVIS then, and it makes sense since I have no TVIS hooked up on the 3rd gen engine. Its been like 5 years or so now since I had done the wiring and I starting to forget things. I might tie this one up with the loom with some zipties so it does not freak me out again. Thanks TS.

wondering about the other connector....possible if in fender liner area....jdm corner blinkers? kinda like a car w/o a/c but still wired and plugs ready?

CMS-GT4

Maybe. I don't see anything that goes near it. I no longer have a wiring BGB and the digital copies are not that great. I am baffled why my washer motor is not kicking on though.

in other news I got my model sorted for the emblem. Nows its a matter of trial and error to get it produced I suppose.
38ae3f2aaadb11e188131231381b5c25_7.jpg

celigts

CMS-GT4":3jswjwkn said:

photo3cf.jpg

photo49or.jpg

Sorry if I'm jacking here but I to have this brown plug but higher up near the throttle body hanging around. But from what I can tell no plug is missing and I have tvsv , tvis connected....

CMS-GT4

There are a fair share of plugs in the engine bay that have no function. The ones I can think of though are not hanging loose though.

tubasteve

celigts":184s26am said:
CMS-GT4":184s26am said:

photo3cf.jpg

photo49or.jpg

Sorry if I'm jacking here but I to have this brown plug but higher up near the throttle body hanging around. But from what I can tell no plug is missing and I have tvsv , tvis connected....

thats egr vsv

CMS-GT4

Ah, well no EGR or charcoal for me, so that makes sense as well. I stripped a lot of the extras I did not need from the car.

My emblem is up, but I need to do some test runs. It looks like the metal version is a bit more expensive than I expected. I am likely going to test the cheap material first then look at the high end versions after I know if I need to make some tweaks. Once the preview is done, I will be able to see if things translated properly.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/589252/

CMS-GT4

So the model is up now, but its missing the text. In bed I was thinking of some solutions to keep the cost down. Right now its $60 for just the base from metal. Well I may just make the outer rings from metal, and the text from metal and made the back base from a heavy duty plastic. That should bring the cost down. I can assemble it and then fill it with resin and the plastic bits would never be seen.