Project CMS

toayoztan

Yeah, the RC fogs are supposed to be mounted as seen in the picture above (I clicked on your project, and can't tell if you have the original RC fogs, but it also appears to close to the midline, regardless).

The RC fogs are the same part numbers as used on the MKIII supras. These fogs are not listed in the EPC under the alltrac. We figured these were actually a dealer option of some sort, where brackets were produced to accomodate the supra fogs into the RC bumper.

Joe and Keri have fabbed up their own bracket based on the original design, or you make whatever bracket of your own, and find used supra fog lights on ebay all day, and it'll be the same in the end when it's said and done, looks wise.

I like the RC fog placement. If anything, I would also consider fabbing up a brake vent on each side using the two triangular vents, or possibly use the driver side for air feed vent to my intake filter.

Bryan

underscore

Mine are FET brand (according to the wiring and relays) twin bulb ones. They're aftermarket, but wired in fairly well and the brackets look like they might be these dealer optional ones you mentioned, as they fit the RC bumper quite well. Unfortunately, because they sit so far forward, someone hacked up the lower mesh piece to keep the little bolts for the underbody plastics. All that I need to do is move them backwards somehow, so I can order & reinstall the mesh piece. Oh, and hunt down a RHD fog light button.

aus jd 2703

oh so the first photos is the factory option?
i always assumed the second photos is the factory mount and the first photo with them toward the middle was after market.
i plan on using the space where the fogs are in the second photos so right below the indicators as brake ducting...

CMS-GT4

Yeah tHe first was a factory option. New lower grill and lights. The bottom image uses fogs from fwd celica with custom bracket.

CMS-GT4

So I have the lip cut up and mounted with binder clips. Except for the single screw on both sides. I left a little extra material by the fender well to shape it a little more. I do not want it to go straight down but to taper towards the wheel at the bottom.
I ordered King Fusor 143. It sets super fast, but its supposed to be super strong and work great with this material. It also sands. I plan on using it on the center seam and the end caps that go inside.

Here is how it hangs naturally from the front. It does line up, the lighting is a bit funny from shade on one side.
photo224e.jpg

I may try and give the inside a little of a push out. I may make a bracket, but i may use the end caps that will mount to the inside of the fender to hold this section out.
photo412t.jpg

Here are just some various angles of the car with the lip.
photo120y.jpg

photo222yy.jpg

photo314z.jpg

photo121r.jpg

Now for a few photoshops. Its actually not as low on the body as I thought it might be. Its obviously lower than the rest of the car. I think if I only do the lip I might just paint it black.
Black
profileblacklip.jpg

Body color (lip only)
camarolipbodycolor.jpg

Here is what it might look like with st205 skirts, and 184's rear bumper lip.
camarolip205skirtfgrear.jpg

CMS-GT4

Arg, my lip is too low! It scrapes on my driveway slope. So I would need some sort of ramp solution to get out of here.

CMS-GT4

I might have to mess around with another angle, but I I scrape with the stock bumper at certain angles yet clear coming straight down. The part that scrapes is a little more than 1" lower than my Z, but of course its a longer overhang.

ALLensTRAC

Looks good man!!!! They make gutter inserts that fit inside the channel at the end of the driveway. I have a neighbor with a T-Rex and he put those in so it wouldn't scrape. They look to be made of hardened rubber or composite.

Droptop93

CMS-GT4":1fjbwpkt said:
Yeah tHe first was a factory option. New lower grill and lights. The bottom image uses fogs from fwd celica with custom bracket.

I see. I thought the lower grill was just cut to accommodate the fogs. Didnt realize it was a different p/n.

Lip looks great, nice work.

CMS-GT4

So lately I have been messing around with the AC. I have the act wire unplugged so that the compressor can kick on. Something is wrong at my compressor, but that is a whole other thing I am dealing with. I had abandoned the whole act wire removal as a solution since the car ran poorly when removed. The issue was then, is I was still sorting out other issues. I had code 54, vac leaks among other bugs. I unplugged the wire this time to trouble shoot the compressor and the car ran fine. It did run different but it did run fine. Actually it idled smoother, and was quiter. I also think my fuel economy has improved. I have driven 242 miles and still have a quarter of a tank. The car does not feel as agressive, but I think I may put a switch on the wire to create an economy mode and sport mode for the car. I want to take voltage from it, but I think it somehoweffects how this ecu operates.

I went for a cruise on the river road today with truman priest. Here are some pics.
photo11je.jpg

photo1dzm.jpg

photo21ve.jpg

photo2lde.jpg

photo3wi.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks guys. By the way I found an angle the bumper does not scrape. Once my adhesive gets here I can wrap this bumper up.

CMS-GT4

So I put some new(ish) cf trim on my car after polishing it 3 times with mother's. They look good. I mounted the center one just fine, but the ones on the headlights seem to not meet in the middle so well. Do I need to use adhesive on these? I have some plastic trim adhesive I was going to use in case there was not a mechanical solution.,

toayoztan

Overtime, the heat (I believe) causes them to warm and bow up in the middle section on the headlights. You could try adhesive, but it's a common occurrence otherwise to happen.

Did you wet sand the pieces? Curious if you did anything else too.

I wet sanded the pieces, polished it out with rubbing compound and lastly meguiar's plast-x, never had issues and turned out perfect.

Here, you can see (in the first 2 pictures) that the direct flash glare is much more dispersed/refracted on the old scuffed one, and much less on the buffed one I did:

trimsanding010.jpg

trimsanding012.jpg

This picture shows the new buffed one on the top/left, and old one on the bottom/right:

trimsanding019.jpg

Bryan

CMS-GT4

Those look good. I did not sand them, but I gave them a good buffing. I have a heat gun, but I don't want to melt anything. I will likely just use the adhesive. My old ones have no warping, but they need a whole lot of work to be made to shine again. I am keeping them for extras. If something was to ever happen, then I would just get the old ones wrapped in CF. I am starting parts hoarding. Going to keep extra corner lesnes, map sensors etc... just for ease of replacement parts.