Project CMS

underscore

Hit the exhaust with a BFH, I never got why so many people need to space out the crossmember, my 3" has tonnes of room.

CMS-GT4

I think it depends on each person's setup. The angle the 205 downpipe comes down is supposedly different from the 185 slightly. Mine clears it, but I think sometimes it knocks it. It does it less since I had the bracket for the catback welded back on.

darthripley

we used a BFH to massage part of the rear subframe & then used some washers to drop it down slightly.
works well & no more rattling with plenty of clearance now.

CMS-GT4

I might try that. I am going to give it a closer look and see how much room, I really need.
I took the ball joint off the arm today since I can not remove it from the spindle. I rented a tool for it, but it will not work either. Hopefully the bearings can be pressed with it on.

I also got my new fire extinguisher in. Not sure where I will mount it yet.
photorsq.jpg

CMS-GT4

Well my order came in from 1st toyota. For what I paid for shipping, the packaging is pretty shitty. I miss when I could get parts directly from TRD. They also did not send my wheel bearings, which I needed the most right now. I was hoping to drop off my spindles this week to get the new hubs pressed. Maybe it will still show, but who knows.

Anyhow, here is my nice new corner lights and the supra front emblem. I had to cut the top peg off, and cut 2/3's off the bottom peg. It fits well though. My old corners go into storage for those in case moments.

aff4e848e70511e18d1322000a1cba90_7.jpg

toayoztan

I'm guessng with the adhesive backing, the emblem still had no issues being stuck to the hood?

Did you get the rear emblem also?

I'm thinking about picking these up, as I want darker emblems for my look...have any more uplcose pics?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

Here is another pic. I have limited space and light for photos since the car is up on jack stands. It is on straight, the angle of the photo does look a little funky though.
photoccl.jpg

I may also have a buyer for the Z. I just need to get the brakes done on the alltrac first.

AFCor

I really like the dark emblem look, it fits the car well. I'll have to remember that for later...

Looking good!

CMS-GT4

RedCelicaTRD":2bmjpvo0 said:
What happened to the TRD grassroots program? I haven't been in it for a few years...

The person who sort of held it together moved to another department and they had a bunch of things get screwed up with no one to keep it organized. So now you have to get your parts from other sources, and they will give you 10% back on that. Used to be you got the parts from them at a better price and free shipping. Its a shame, cause it was a real helpful program.

CMS-GT4

AFCor":10778yb9 said:
I really like the dark emblem look, it fits the car well. I'll have to remember that for later...

Looking good!

Thanks. Here is the part number. I only got the front emblem.
75314‑14010

CMS-GT4

So 1st toyota is trying to say they packed the items and shipped them. Of course they did not. So I gave them all my info, and hopefully they will make this right.

toayoztan

Yeah, 1st Toyota has been a little wacky with me lately...never updating their order status, or telling me they will ship it out "today" (which seems to coincidentally be the same day I email them) - happened a couple of times.

But they are cheap, and have never had issues with getting the wrong or missing stuff.

Bryan

CMS-GT4

They said they will send out the parts. So at least they are not going to try and screw me. The bearings get shipped tomorrow, so hopefully I can get to the wheel bearings and hubs next week.

Its one week until I have had the car for 13 years. I decided to open up my little red packet that came with the car cause I forgot what was in it. Looks like I have the original security manual, as well as the owners manuals.

photovpr.jpg

I synced the alarm to the new remote and its seems to have took. The only issue is the doors do not lock and unlock. I wonder if there is a remote module or something that is not hooked up. I need to figure this out cause I really want my keyless entry back.

underscore

I love finding info like that in the car, for some reason my GTS had a bunch of financial stuff regarding its purchase in 92, trade-in in 94 and then trade + cash from a dealer in 94.

CMS-GT4

I was wrong. My keyless does work now. The key needs to be in the off position. My nissan key fob works even when driving, so I was confused. So nice to have this feature back on the car.

darthripley

I quit ordering from 1st toyota years ago.
Called up & asked about brake lines .. guy says "we can get ANY part" ... guess what? they can't get discontinued parts.
There are parts that are discontinued all the way back to japan & not available anymore at all, but the guy on the phone was a complete ass about it.
the prices aren't that great (imo) as i have other connections that can get better deals, with prompt shipping & amazing service esp. when they know i really need something.
i'm about ready to start hoarding parts myself. i have a decent start on it & gonna add to it next time we can make it to a junkyard. i've run into too many disc. AW11 parts lately to make me realize toyota is just going to stop making specialized parts for "old" cars & ours are next on the chopping block.

underscore

At least Toyota still makes a lot of parts, Honda's already discontinuing stuff from as recent as 2001.

If I had the cash to spare I'd start hoarding even more than I already have.

AFCor

CMS-GT4":1kj22qen said:
AFCor":1kj22qen said:

Looking good!

Thanks. Here is the part number. I only got the front emblem.
75314‑14010

Thank you very much. You're a gentleman and a scholar!