Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I think the spring acts as resistance for lower pressure, and then the higher pressure over powers the spring. I found the adjustment screw last night, but I am still not too sure how to adjust it. I might mess with it some. From other material I have read in the past, I know it partial acts like a silencer as well. So when your driving around normal traffic the car is not as loud, until you wind it out.

celicat93

CMS-GT4":2ihl3mtg said:
Took the car to get an alignment. I have had a lifetime alignment for 10 years or so. I got into an argument with the guy working there. He tried telling me I put coilovers on the car since last year and they would not touch my camber, just my toe. Gives me an excuse to sort my setup so I can do my own alignments. I just need to make sure my tires are level then I will get this camber straight. I have their readings, so I have a baseline to compare my gauge to. When I put the car back in the ait, I think I am going to give the brakes another bleed as well. I only bled the caliper when I put it back on, but I think a bleed of the system again will yield more consistent braking pressure.

I had a visitor today.
b9a31e342b9111e28a7322000a1fa414_7.jpg

Mostly working, and sorting out business stuff. Likely start getting alltrac shirts on ebay in the next couple weeks. If your not patient you can hit me up.

Wow, I like that paint. :D

underscore

In a couple years I'm going to be vinyl wrapping my girlfriends Prelude roughing that colour. Either that, or a satin red.

CMS-GT4

I kind of wonder what it would take to mix that color. Its sort of a dark cherry, metallic. I wonder if a maroon car would be a good candidate for a respray in the color.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1gpn4pmp said:
Yeah, that looks close. I think gt4times2 might want to see this.

Yes, it speaks to me!!! I love it. Good thing, I haven't painted the car yet.(Looking/waiting for an RC hood). I'd regret it. That color is nice!!! Now, if I could just find that exact hue of red/maroon or paint code. Anyone have a non PS pic of a car that color? I love it!!! Where did you get that color prior to PS'ing it? It doesn't look like the Lexus red/maroon though. The Lexus seems to have some orange in the mix. I want the same dark hue I see in the PS

Thanks Josh! :notworthy:

CMS-GT4

I think the is regular Super Red 2 from toyota. The filter on instagram make it look all dark and shiny. It was taken on my phone so that added to the contrast a bit too.

GT4times2

This one seems to be closer in color. Seems to have more of a dark mulberry/dark purple tone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29754720@N05/4944151628

I knew this wasn't going to be easy. Burgundy/Maroon has got to be one of the hardest color to get right at just about every stage (color selection, painting etc).

Thanks 1kleaves. That'll take a while to get that exact color. I will post pics of the car as it stands. I have night garage shots, and the car has two different maroons on it. From what I hear they're both maroons for the Alltrac. Give me a few minutes. I will post them. Mind you, they are from my phone. The only thing I can think of doing is taking the car to my body guy, and have him use his book and try the colors from the book to see which will look like it, or close to the fender maroon I have (which I also like).

CMS-GT4

Now that is a mesh wheel I like. Needs a little bit more rubber though. Won't ever see me on anything less than a 35 profile. I try to keep at least a 40 profile if I can.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":kv5nidrx said:
Now that is a mesh wheel I like. Needs a little bit more rubber though. Won't ever see me on anything less than a 35 profile. I try to keep at least a 40 profile if I can.

I agree. I'm not too crazy about rubber band tires. I like some meat around my wheels.

CMS-GT4

No prob. This is the most action this thread has had in a while. ;)

That color is not bad, but I wonder if it is an FX paint, or they did shading over spray.

I think I would go hit up some high end dealerships. Lexus, Mercedes, etc.. and see what their oem maroons look like. I suggest a factory paint just in case you need to repair down the road.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1vuqcto8 said:
No prob. This is the most action this thread has had in a while. ;)

That color is not bad, but I wonder if it is an FX paint, or they did shading over spray.

I think I would go hit up some high end dealerships. Lexus, Mercedes, etc.. and see what their oem maroons look like. I suggest a factory paint just in case you need to repair down the road.

OK, cool. Thanks. I didn't realize it was your thread until a few posts later, hoping it wouldn't irritate you. 8)

Which color isn't bad? The one on the VW with all the flakes? Too much bling for me.

What I want is what you mentioned above. A factory color or color code (from a paint book) that I can easily find if something happens to the car. Mercedes Benz has a nice maroon color too. Not sure how that'll work out on the Trac thought. (I was hoping the PS color was something you had found off another car. Come to find out it wasn't :cry: )

2 Things slowing down this process. (a) Finding an RC hood and, (b) find and stick with a color I like.

Once everything is in order, I will start a 2 or 3 car project thread. That's months down the line.

CMS-GT4

I think picking a color is hard. I looked at so many silvers, I started hating silver. Out of all the ones posted, I like the lexus one the best. I think it needs to be seen in person just due to photo editing affecting true color. Turns out my silver is sort of hard to capture with a camera, and it changes all the time. Sometimes my car look gray, sometimes it looks like friggin polished aluminum in the sun. I just need to get better at shooting it.

CMS-GT4

Took some measurements today of the garage to figure out how much shimming I need to do to make the car level. Now I just need to get some .25" panels to adjust the car and I can do my own alignment.

a58f09e03cd911e282fd22000a1cbab3_7.jpg