Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Been busy with the baby and work non stop. I have not done anything on the car for a while. I did finally get around to making these.
8497f8d2441811e28e5722000a9f195f_7.jpg

CMS-GT4

Hopefully listing shirts next week. Thats been my big project lately. Its been too cold to work on the car. The Z is gone. I traded it towards a new Pilot. I decided to keep my wife's CRV. Instead of trying to make the alltrac a baby carrier, it will be a toy and the CRV or Pilot will be for getting around with her.
Of course I can still put the kid in the alltrac if I need to, but most likely she won't be riding in it much till she is a little older. Hoping to maybe make a voyage to some windy roads after this spring.
51e09b945d2511e2aa6822000a9f1730_7.jpg

robolt

CMS-GT4":1kr4vecc said:
I think picking a color is hard. I looked at so many silvers, I started hating silver. Out of all the ones posted, I like the lexus one the best. I think it needs to be seen in person just due to photo editing affecting true color. Turns out my silver is sort of hard to capture with a camera, and it changes all the time. Sometimes my car look gray, sometimes it looks like friggin polished aluminum in the sun. I just need to get better at shooting it.

Agreed, To pick a color, in person is probably the only way to visualize it on a car and preferably in different lighting conditions.
Type, basecoat, topcoat, shape and application will make the color vary to some degree from car to car.
It ends up being just plain hard to pick a new paint color for a car.

Accurate color is a tough thing to capture and for different people to compare; lots of moving parts.
Capture: lighting, shadows, sensor characteristics, color depth, compression, ...
Storage format: compression, color depth, ...
Display: Differences in monitors, calibration, LUT's, color depth, ...
Some programs try and help us by applying some color correction without our knowledge.
This issue is even more critical in films :)

You have posted some nice pixs. A camera, with or without software and you have tools to direct your art. If you and/or your clients are happy that is what matters.

CMS-GT4

Sort of been getting my rhythm down with taking care of the kid. Its still frigid here, so not a lot of work has been going on with the car. I have started trying to collect parts for this spring. I am trying to come up with a Roll center adjuster at the moment. Might have one made. Also picking up some 205 skirts once I have time to make some shirts again. Been kicking around jumping on the save lip group buy. I have a lip, but this is something already sort of done that I can throw on and will likely go with my skirts better. I might use the lip I made to do a fiberglass rear lip though.

CMS-GT4

Picked up some 205 skirts today.
I also updated the first post of this thread with sort of a directory that links to different topics and such for those who don't want to read or hunt through long ass thread.
I will likely leave the skirts black, thought they need some touch up as well as my front lip. I am thinking of making an small garnish that would be body color and go over the black lip. This will all be on the back burner though. I won't be doing anything until I make my rear lip. Here is a quick mockup of what the skirts would be like in black. If I get bored with the color, I can always paint them body color later.
a3b1eeec844311e2b13b22000a9e0790_7.jpg

801Alltrac

:shock: that looks sweet , the front lip idea sounds great ,can't wait to see the rear spilter
And thx for the directory , I was just think 120+ pages he should write a book lol , but I really helps
Great on going project can't wait to see its finished day, if you plan on one jk :notworthy:

CMS-GT4

Thanks. BTW: I am working on some books. ;)
Likely will never have a finish date though. Since I will never get rid of the car, it might see a constant evolution.
Here is a quick PS of what the rear might look like to go with the rest.

205skirscamrolipblack.jpg

toayoztan

I know it's from a 205 so may not be a perfect fit (or is it?), but it seems like the side skirt has to be moved back about half an inch to an inch to clear the doors. Or is it just b/c of the mock-up that makes it appear that way?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

801Alltrac":29e342m0 said:
:lol: I'm in love :twisted: only one word to describe your car DAMN !!
:notworthy: Very jealous , love the rims too
Thanks!

gt4tified":29e342m0 said:
Nice inspirational thread here....gonna have a lot of questions for you quite soon!
Hopefully my memory serves us well, and I will try and get them answered.

toayoztan":29e342m0 said:
I know it's from a 205 so may not be a perfect fit (or is it?), but it seems like the side skirt has to be moved back about half an inch to an inch to clear the doors. Or is it just b/c of the mock-up that makes it appear that way?

Bryan
Yeah its the mock up, and the door section has to be shaved a little. I did not take off the oem lower parts. I just put it in front of the car and snapped a pic at an angle close enough to get an idea of how it would look.

toayoztan

Ah, so the rear rocker panel cover and front mudguard needs to be removed?

I do think the 205 skirts look nice. I can't wait to see how it looks once it's all on.

Bryan

CMS-GT4

Yeah, those need to be removed. I am thinking of painting the tops like in the photoshop in the body kit thread so the line flows better. Its sort of an extended project, but its nice to plan.

I fixed my pvr, so I can use my bullet cam again, and I picked up a cheap action cam. Might throw together a little clip once the weather gets nicer out.

CMS-GT4

Weather is warming up, so I have started planning on my next projects. Since its hard to juggle baby and work, all I can do is plan for my next move and schedule for it. I did go around the block though. Felt good to sit in a small low car again. I mostly drive a pilot these days.
My main project is trying to sort out my new ball joints. I went down to honda to compare to a 06 civic ball joint but none were in stock. I am likely going to have something fabricated.

I wonder how hard it would be to fix these? They are for sale local and for cheap. I am not big on red though.
t2ec16fhjgke9no8fzcbrwm.jpg

GT4_DRED

If they're real and you can get em for cheap, then I would really consider them. An upholster shop can match them to you car for cheaper than a new set would cost.

BTW; the sides really tie in well with the front lip. Looks nice!