Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Thanks. Yeah, I might be able to get them for $100. So I figured I could get them repaired to redone to match my car.

CMS-GT4

So I got my wheels back today. There is a car show down on the gateway this month and I had sent them off so I could have a better chance as a show car. They are powder coated takata Green. That wicked JDM volk color you see on all the hot cars.
Here is the event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/5385852 ... ts&fref=ts

And here is a teaser.
jdmtiteyo.jpg

toayoztan

Then I guess I need to repowdercoat my rpf1's back to a different color from green!

Jk

Looks good. I have a hard time coming to grips with having my own wheels a drastic color, but I do like the looks of it. Perhaps if I had a spare set of rims..

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I think the most drastic I would ever go would be gold or bronze. I had never been into wild colors on a street car.

CMS-GT4

Landon":23ksyfjv said:
Love it Josh. Where did you get the color if you don't mind me asking?

It was april fools. Its a photoshop. :p I also do not speak like that. yo. :evil:

InitialD93":23ksyfjv said:
Im baaaaaaaaack.... ;) more to follow...
About freakin time. So did you do the ls1 swap or finally hook up your 3s?

InitialD93

Wife has provided me with opportunity and a $5k budget to make the v8 swap happen... So here we go... I guess ill have to start a build thread if anyone cares to see

CMS-GT4

Yes, you need to start one. 5k. I assume that doesn't include engine and gearbox? I need to stop in next time I pass through Paducah. I figured at this rate you would start parting the car out. I would have grabbed those snazzy seats of yours.

CMS-GT4

I was invited to that car show, but now I had a kid and no body got time for that.

I do still want your rear lip. I have 205 skirts now, and my own front lip. I guess I am going to start trying to make my own rear lip after I get my new RCa ball joints and a/c done.

CMS-GT4

Got my action cam sorted today. I thought I was having memory card issues, then I thought it was the device itself, but it turned out to be quicktime. It was not reading the avi right. These are cheap at biglots and are great at picking up sound without wind noise so far. Hoping to use this and my bullet cam to get some decent video as it gets warmer.
d144c0849bed11e2b83422000a1f9e4c_7.jpg

athousandleaves

I recommend you remove the power plug to your wiper motor while you have that installed on your window...

Especially if you're driving spiritedly/autox/tracking.

CMS-GT4

So I heard back from the place that just restores recaros. They want 1-2k for skins. I would might as well buy new ones. I honestly don't care if they say recaro on them, so I might look at just getting them reskinned with a regular fabric. I had wondered how hard a DIY might be to cut new templates from these seats.

CMS-GT4

Yeah if I could get them for around $100, then it might be worth a shot. I found plenty of instructions on how to take them apart. I would just redo them in black.