Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I looked into them, and compared to the guides they are authentic. I am sure the guy expects more for them, but they are a pick up only auction. Those usually don't end well for the seller and its been at its starting bid of $99 since it started. Not to say that it could get bid up there. I have passed on a lot of great cheap wheel deals because of the whole pickup only issue, though there were some nice OZ cronos HT a few hours away I almost got since they were so cheap. I passed due to 18s.

I was talking to the wife today and she thinks I should not bother with the seats. Do I really need another project? Likely not. I am also not sure I will save that much money in the long run vs just buying something new. Right now my focus really needs to be designing my new ball joint setup.

underscore

If you wanted to do a custom fabric/colour setup it might be more worth it, if nothing else they'd be something to tinker with until you get the sewing sorted out.

CMS-GT4

I aksed the seller a couple more questions and it looks like the recliner is also busted on one of the seats. They sold for $99 but I am fine with getting a new set down the road. I spoke to Weaver, who sells TTE parts about a lower ball joint. He thinks one used to be made, but would need an order of 200 units to get it made again. Needless to say I am back to getting something fabricated. Looks like the weather is warm here again, so once I get some parts in I will do a little work here and there. I am hoping to get my shirts back online soon. Things have just been crazy lately.
I also ordered a new chassis bgb since mine was stolen.

CMS-GT4

I have been trying to reach a few companies about interchangeable or custom ball joints. I hit up super pro, moog, and some places that make lift kits for rav4s. I have also been trying to find vehicles that the celica ball might fit, but I have read toyota uses a unique taper. Not sure how true that is or not. I need to find out the taper. Right now the simplest solution is having an adapter plate made that allows me to fit an extended moog bal joint for a domestic. I just have to ream the spindle. I was hoping to avoid that but domestic ball joints run 14-20 bucks each compared to even oem prices. So I might be able to correct my geometry and create a cost savings.

I also picked up a copy of the chassis BGB to replace my stolen copy. $35 shipped on ebay.
a72ed580a5f911e2a15322000aa80445_7.jpg

CMS-GT4

That bastard painter who screwed me on my car. He slammed my fiber glass splitters and never returned my bgb. I cut my losses since that was the only thing I was aware I did not get back.

CMS-GT4

Not much time for anything these days. I was just happy to take the car for a spin last night. Left my work in gaming to focus on my own stuff. Planning a new compressor and new Ball joint and then I will just enjoy the car.

cmsparkpark.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I actually did some more work to it. I think I'll post the revised version to my DA account.
http://noritoy.deviantart.com/art/Gtfou ... -372689813

I am revisiting my battery relocation. I ground to the chassis, but not to the engine. I am thinking of running an additional ground.
I currently run two big bolts through the rear floor pan to hold my metal tray down. I did not think of using anchor bolts like the stock one does. I am going to look into some short j hook bolts and likely move my battery to a location to maximizes my space in the trunk and lets me remove it as well.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install ... trunk.html

underscore

I don't think there's much point in running another ground back to the engine bay, I mean the entire body is a ground after all.

it is a good idea to run a wire between the block and the negative terminal, as the return path for the spark/ignition circuit is much better achieved through a direct copper path, as opposed to a steel path, with many contact points

CMS-GT4

From what I have read starting is better with the ground to engine. I know once I added several ground to the engine the car ran considerably better, so I think there is something to this. Right now I am just going to get my charging array setup, I will extend the ground later on. I will likely just run two on the chassis for now.

I found my future wheel if they make proper offsets and widths in 17s.
http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/gtf01.asp

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I am starting to do a few things to it before I get too busy and it gets too hot. I was looking at the Sard exhaust and I think I can remove the silencer mechanism. Its held on by 3 bolts in the exhaust tip. I am curious how it will drive with the device removed and how much louder it will be.
I also noticed apexi makes a similar silencer. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/APEXI-ACTIVE ... 0816634219

CMS-GT4

I removed the Sard's silencer last night. Before doing so I got video so there is a sound comparison before and after.
The outlet was usually 1.4" unless under heavy load. The tip is 3.8." I think the silencer was too restrictive. Now that its gone I am going to adjust my boost controller.

Video of the comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGti7U2P ... e=youtu.be

Camera setup.
fe6b20d6d09e11e2975a22000a1fb425_7.jpg

Fully extended tip.
a098bf4ad22411e2992f22000a1fb823_7.jpg

The silencer.
87ccae18d30a11e2882622000a1f985d_7.jpg