Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Picked up some alignment tools. Hoping to do my own alignment myself. I'll report back once successful. Using a dream stick for toe. Then I am using a modified bubble camber gauge for caster and camber readings. Also hoping to determine the max caster the T3 tops lend themselves to. I might do a video on all this once I figure it out.

MWP

Doesnt look like you'll get much caster out of them... im guessing 2 deg.
Still better off using them turned 90deg for more caster and using camber bolts at the hub.

CMS-GT4

With my current tire size, with the caster pushed to the max, my tire gets push pretty close to the fender plastic. I hit it when turning. I am thinking the arms need to move forward to get the most out of caster. I don't really want to make new arms, but I think we can maybe make something that can move the arms forward.

CMS-GT4

Another at owner came by to help. If this readings I took is correct, we came up with 2.25 degrees of caster added as a max. That was done by the instructions of a camber gauge manual I have.

I think that is around 17mm of movement from the strut top. I think about 55% is added based on the adjustability, and 45% of the caster is added as the new base point. So I am assume that you should get about 1 degree of caster just from the base line. Its not a bad addition. I think if I can come with with a new mounting setup for the lower control arm, I can add another degree or so of caster and move the tire closer back to the center of the well.

CMS-GT4

Found some cool stuff at a yard sale today. Now I just got to save up for some seat brackets.

10665599_1505860849656665_1997636711_n.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks guys. It's quite a step up from the junk I usually find at them. I am going to sell the rails and sliders on them to pay for the bride rails I will use to mount them. So hopefully I can get the extra cash together over the next month to put them in.

deecee

FYI for the Bride rails, when I ordered mine, they took a couple of months to get to me as they have to make them. I don't believe they indent them anymore.

CMS-GT4

He says no to emails. What do you think the best way to reach him from the states is? If he has a set of 185 rails, I would be so happy.

athousandleaves

Uhh hadn't noticed that, not sure unless you have a way to text or call via Skype or some other virtual number? Maybe take the hit and send him one SMS with your email address and say you're from the US?

If he won't respond I can give him a try for you.