Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Seat brackets are on the way and should be here in a couple weeks. Hoping to get the seats in before Christmas.

Redswan

CMS-GT4":30p8q6r6 said:
Seat brackets are on the way and should be here in a couple weeks. Hoping to get the seats in before Christmas.

BA! I have leather ones in my 4Runner I love them!

CMS-GT4

The brides compared to the wedge/recaro that were on the seats.
10520375_1515479918723989_1126072475_n.jpg

deecee

nice :) so how long did they take to get delivered to you from ordering? How much did you pay in the end?
Apologies if I didn't get the photos to you previously. Been very busy recently

CMS-GT4

It would had taken two or two and half weeks. The person who had to ship them for me ended up having to leave town before they arrived to him and they spent a week and half sitting at the shipping company till he got back. I paid $311 plus shipping for them. No problem on the photos, we life seems to tak over sometime.

CMS-GT4

Seems to slide as much as stock does. They do not slide as easy as the recaros though, but the recaros have some mechanical leverage to their advantage. They were a lot harder to install than it was to remove the recaros. Hopefully I will get some time and get them installed in the car in the next day or two.

CMS-GT4

Its been warm here and it rained the past week, so I figured the salt was gone enough to do a small test. I raised my suspension to teins recommended height. I was at 1.9" lower but put it around 1.25-1.3" lower than stock. It did not look as good, but the car handled considerably better. It handled to bumps much better, seemed to have more control at higher speeds and had roll. The roll seemed to improve mechanical grip. I took a video I will try and post before the holdiays.
So I thought I was going to have a huge budget next year to do stuff to the car, but after talking to the wife, we feel it makes more sense to invest that in my business than the car. Anyhow, there are some things that I want to do next year, and most of them involve the suspension.

I plan on getting either a stock LCA modified or a new one made. I want to add caster to move the wheel to the center of the well, and dealing with extending a ball joint for any bump issues. I thought I was going to have a new set of coils built to spec, but that will have to wait and the teins will suit me for now.

I want to keep this travel, but I want to also lower the car another 20-25mm. I had been considering having the strut towers extended, but I have been researching above strut tower camber plates. Seems the mustang is a car that runs this way from the factory. There is also some aftermarket kits that put the camber plate above the strut tower. Hotchkis made one for the y2k celica.
Here are some examples of ones on the market for various cars.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/pro ... =926/CA=97
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=98
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=60
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hotchkis-3001-D ... 80&vxp=mtr
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=277973

And here is a quick drawing of my concept. A lower plate to reinforce and take some of the force that either has nuts welded or is threaded then using lock nuts. The spacer. Seems most used a metal bushing, but I was thinking a larger connected spacer might help lateral load. Then the top plate is bolted to that. Thoughts? Anyone do anything similar? Still not sure if it is the route I am going, but I am researching it.
10817974_966525090043597_1992274223_n.jpg

MWP

Ive thought a decent amount about this too.
The TTE WRC cars raised the tower, and also ran the mounts on top.

This isn't a bad idea... it looks strong which is a concern when mounting standard adj tops on the top.
CCPFT86_fs.jpg

RedCelicaTRD

Perhaps a lowering camber plate for a Subaru, mustang, or something else might work? Will get you about 10mm extra travel and you won't have to weld anything but will still have camber adjustment.

underscore

One concern would be clearance with the hood, I know the Tein EDFC motors only clear the R hood so I can't imagine we have a lot of space between the towers and the hood.

CMS-GT4

My goal is to get at least 20mm more travel. I think if I have a proper spacer made, and solid backing plate I can do this. The bolts I have going through the plate are extra long. They are 23mm higher than the strut bar bracket. I will take a bag of clay when I get time and put it there and close the hood the take some measurements of how much clearance I actually have. I have the RC hood, so I think I will have the clearance I need. I may have to rethink my strut bar though.

MWP

lol doh!
I spent agggges trying to find out what size top bearing those TTE mounts ran.
Its right in the header on that page ABWT12 :p
Its quite a bit larger than T3, Cusco or any of the other popular aftermarket strut top makers use. No surprise really though.