Project CMS

EvilStig

Hey there,

I think I saw a video you posted about 3d printed brake ducts? at least I think that was you.... think I could pay you to print some for me?

CMS-GT4

That was me. I never finished the project because I need to do some reworks on the design, and the printer. I have not printed in a while because I need to work on the printer. I am hoping I will get back to it this summer.

EvilStig

CMS-GT4":1kcgsid8 said:
That was me. I never finished the project because I need to do some reworks on the design, and the printer. I have not printed in a while because I need to work on the printer. I am hoping I will get back to it this summer.

Well if you do get it ironed out and print some up, let me know and I'd be happy to throw you some cash for you to print me one as well.

P.S., also envious of that lip, how much did that set you back anyway?

CMS-GT4

It set me back enough, there where I suspect I won't be getting any new wheels any time soon.

I'll do a vid when I get back to working on the ducts, so that will be the fastest way to find out. I'll post here as well. Top priority is dealing with my AC and getting the interior back in. Hoping to start back on that in June.

CMS-GT4

A new video is up. Made an under cover for the RC bumper. Now you don't see the ground anymore through the grill.

https://youtu.be/G06RFQDC_fw

35399064_1972518386391926_723350970288832512_n.jpg

35522154_265773860658776_7522444475151417344_n.jpg

35575359_216195355665335_2610466502440124416_n.jpg

mike325ci

Is that aluminum for the undertray? What thickness?

Edit: nevermind, just watched your video and it's plastic that you got as scrap... Any idea on thickness, though?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CMS-GT4

Finally after all these years I have the interior back in. I need to give it a good wipe down.
The past couple weeks I been spending 20 minutes a day working on the car to finish all my wiring and under the dash projects. So its pretty much wrapped up for the year. I shot footage over the summer of misc things I do. If I manage to find time I will edit it for a season wrap up. School has really taken over my life, and will likely stay intense for the next year.

44241188_261181251203427_6264665202351510342_n.jpg

mike325ci

Looking great! Slowly but surely is the way. You are making better progress than I am with my 185 haha, or even my rally racecar 165. Good luck with the rest of school!~~~

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":2wy8nkho said:
Finally after all these years I have the interior back in. I need to give it a good wipe down.
The past couple weeks I been spending 20 minutes a day working on the car to finish all my wiring and under the dash projects. So its pretty much wrapped up for the year. I shot footage over the summer of misc things I do. If I manage to find time I will edit it for a season wrap up. School has really taken over my life, and will likely stay intense for the next year.

44241188_261181251203427_6264665202351510342_n.jpg

Impressed that you've persevered for so long, kept this thread alive and kept informing us (family man, working and in school). Respect due!! Keep it up!! Great work. Love the car. Always a nice thread to follow and learn from.

CMS-GT4

Thanks guys.
Now don't think I have not considered giving up. This car is certainly not the easy way of doing it, and there are a lot of good options on the market. I've got enough of my blood in the engine bay at this point that the alltrac and I are technically related. I just can give up family, can I?
All joking aside, I appreciate the support from the community. The car does deserve a good drive this though, I certainly need to try and make time for that.

Magroo

CMS-GT4":1yb26gqm said:
Thanks guys.
Now don't think I have not considered giving up. This car is certainly not the easy way of doing it, and there are a lot of good options on the market. I've got enough of my blood in the engine bay at this point that the alltrac and I are technically related. I just can give up family, can I?
All joking aside, I appreciate the support from the community. The car does deserve a good drive this though, I certainly need to try and make time for that.

I feel ya bro. I have a nice 4 inch scar on my forearm from the first time I tried to remove the turbo.

I try to wear gloves when I can but I usually into taking them off because I can't feel that bolt when I'm doing the reach-around.