Project CMS

abraxxa

Great to see how people look which you know for years from forums :)
One thing I notice is different sound volumes from video to video, escpecially the one about the hub extension is quite muted.
Maybe you can use a microphone attached to your shirt, would improve the quality a lot.

Besides that keep up the great work! :notworthy:

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I’ve got to work on my audio for sure. I used to have a lapel mic but the wire got ruined when I was doing exhaust sounds on time. I ordered a wireless mic Thursday so hopefully I have can note uniform clear audio in the future.

CMS-GT4

GT4times2":1l93ndfr said:
Well done!!! Are you going to provide this service for others? Just asking, lol. :shrug:

I might come up with something to offer. I had to grind on a a couple of them and they may not be a one size fits all situation. So if I sell something it would be left up to the person to tweak them to resolve their problems.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1i8k1zh9 said:
GT4times2":1i8k1zh9 said:
Well done!!! Are you going to provide this service for others? Just asking, lol. :shrug:

I might come up with something to offer. I had to grind on a a couple of them and they may not be a one size fits all situation. So if I sell something it would be left up to the person to tweak them to resolve their problems.

Makes sense. Keep us posted.

FC Zach

GT4times2":2eyeho32 said:

My screw holes are busted too, I'd be interested in a kit if you made a few extra.

CMS-GT4

Corey":3ems7djy said:
That's the first I've heard of using a Prius knuckle on the Celica - really interesting idea.

It’s been around for a while. A member who owned a ct200h first came up with it. Only a few have successful done it. The scca st165 road course car likely has the most dialed in setup of this. It is not a bolt on affair though. The axle spline is really the true compatible component. The rest needs to be adapted.

Corey

I'll do some reading up on it. It looks like the bearing isn't pressed in right? Just bolts on?

Depending on how much adapting is needed, that alone would be a great feature.

CMS-GT4

You need a new lower mount for a coilovers meant for a Prius. That is one of the big ones. You also need to taper for the ball joint and possibly tie rod end. The biggest challenge is geometry settings. These are not universal as there are factors involved that sort of makes most builds unique. So you would need a custoM adjustable ball joint as well tie rod end to dial in these adjustment. You would also need to come up with new front brakes or use Prius brakes.
The bearing does bolt on making that a big advantage.

CMS-GT4

A new vid is up on installing my new wheels.

https://youtu.be/m4aAYqB4mi8

A gallery to go along with it.

163925807_191946605767683_4470624704063707424_n.jpg

163737067_349694253073775_6876940479141257002_n.jpg