Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Nope. I am still on the fence. I am loosing interest in quicksilver. I am sort of leaning towards a darker metallic silver.

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":t6chv7d2 said:
Nope. I am still on the fence. I am loosing interest in quicksilver. I am sort of leaning towards a darker metallic silver.

If you haven't already, it may help to go back thru that paint thread you started and look over the suggestions again.. There were some nice colors in there..

CMS-GT4

turbo4wd":3o3ij2vo said:
CMS-GT4":3o3ij2vo said:

If you haven't already, it may help to go back thru that paint thread you started and look over the suggestions again.. There were some nice colors in there..

I am already on it. ;)

Here is a new video. :D

http://www.knoxtube.com/view_video.php? ... f0ba5d226f

CMS-GT4

So is there a trick to extracting bolts from this car? I have a fender bolt and two bolts for the bumper that the heads snapped off of. I drilled them out. I broke 1 cobalt drill bit on one. And I broke a black and decker set and 1 cobalt bolt extractor on it. These are just body bolts. What could i be doing wrong.

I tried to change the axle by myself, but I could not get the main axle bolt off. I got ot wait for my wife to press the brake while I break the bolt.

Nitro_Alltrac

Josh, I have run into the same exact problem with the bolts on my car. It is like Toyota used some really goofy bolts. I haven't had the problem drilling them out though.

etantshi

CMS-GT4":2awzy2af said:
So is there a trick to extracting bolts from this car? I have a fender bolt and two bolts for the bumper that the heads snapped off of. I drilled them out. I broke 1 cobalt drill bit on one. And I broke a black and decker set and 1 cobalt bolt extractor on it. These are just body bolts. What could i be doing wrong.

I tried to change the axle by myself, but I could not get the main axle bolt off. I got ot wait for my wife to press the brake while I break the bolt.

Lot of fender bolts like to break. Basically if it's a painted fastener it seems to have an extra penchant for seizing up. All I do is drill it out and re-thread should be m6x1.25, this car is immune to extractors.

As far as the axle nut... just put the wheel back on the car and lower it down. Most will allow you access to the center bore if you remove the center cap. After you lower it you should have no problem breaking the nut loose.

CMS-GT4

My socket will not fit on my wheel, so I guess I will have my wife hole the brake.

I guess I will also drill out and retap those bolts. There is only 3 or so.

CMS-GT4

Well, i tired to do the axle today and failed. I put all of my 215lbs of weight on the wrench and could not get the damn bolt off the axle.

I went and bought an impact wrench, but I can not find a 30mm impact socket.

RedCelicaTRD

Don't worry about the impact socket. A chrome one will work just fine, just make sure it's a decent brand. I've used my chrome socket plenty of times with no problems.

CMS-GT4

Alright. I changed the axle today. Getting the axle out was fairly easy. The directions i read pretty much just said to remove the tie rod end, then the lower a-arm and the axle can be popped right out.

The hardest part was removing the inner stubs. They have a hex bolt that was a pain to get off.

It was much easier getting everything off than back on. It was about to rain, so I wrapped it up quick. I got to give a better inspection in the morning.

I found the rubber on the steering rack is ripped. I am not sure if this will cause an issue. With the axle done, AC and broken bolts are my last issues.

CMS-GT4

I took it for a drive today. The axle makes a little popping when turning parked, but while driving it sounds fine. It seems the more i drove it, the less noise it made. My steering groans some. I might need to add some fluid to it. All i have left now is to remove my broken bolts and then order my replacement bits and the car is ready for paint.

CMS-GT4

I keep breaking drill bits. I am just going to jo to the junk yard and see if I can find a new bumper support w/o broken bolts. After that, I only have to remove 2 fender bolts and 1 license plate bolt. Then I am ready for paint.

CMS-GT4

I went to pull-a-part today.

I got a few items. I got a new bumper trim bar because mine had too many broken studs that can not be removed. I also figured out from looking at disassembled celicas that I can remove my fender and maybe get to the bolt I was having problems with.

I am still hunting for decent under plastic to install to the alltrac when its done. Its getting closer and closer.

Sifu

CMS-GT4":2qk85zs7 said:
I am still hunting for decent under plastic to install to the alltrac when its done. Its getting closer and closer.
*cough* fab underbody tray *cough*

CMS-GT4

Sifu":1whb00ub said:
CMS-GT4":1whb00ub said:

I thought about it with my new lip. I could buy a piece of CF and place it on the bottom. I am tired of fabbing stuff though.

Sifu

CMS-GT4":1nvbg4n2 said:
Sifu":1nvbg4n2 said:
CMS-GT4":1nvbg4n2 said:

I thought about it with my new lip. I could buy a piece of CF and place it on the bottom. I am tired of fabbing stuff though.
*cough* we got money *cough*

CMS-GT4

Well money talks. I have thought about making this lip and making a mold then offering it to you guys.
Maybe I can make a lip, diffuser kit. :evil: