Project CMS

Sifu

doit.gif

CMS-GT4

Well damn. I figured I was the only person who liked the lip design.

This is what I am planning to make. I guess once I get my other projects done, I am going to start learning fiber glass.

lipideaek6.jpg

darthripley

i know, just saying i don't care to have the front lip part, but a lot of people will.
it just would look dorky imho with a regular all-trac front bumper & i don't want an RC/CS front bumper.

maybe someday i'll try to mess around with making a c/f underbody piece .. too many other projects to fool with right now.

alltracst185

CMS-GT4":17tu5tlp said:
Well money talks. I have thought about making this lip and making a mold then offering it to you guys.
Maybe I can make a lip, diffuser kit. :evil:

pics of said lip? i'm interested!

CMS-GT4

No idea yet. I have to get it made first, then figure out how much it will cost me to make. That comes after the new paint.

CMS-GT4

I need to put my lip project on the back burner. I get distracted to easily.

I was looking at a battery relocation thread, and I found I was missing a major engine ground. The one on top of the gearbox near the starter.

I went to Napa and picked up a heavy duty ground wire and hooked it up. The car idles better now. Very little dip in idle after a stop. The car idles higher now too. Closer to 900rpm instead of 700-800.

I am trying to find some wire end eyelets locally so I can add my ground wires to the alternator and ignition system.

I am also trying to make some sense of this AC conversion. Its friggin hot outside.

CMS-GT4

All the audio shops I went to no longer sell them. They only sell them for installs they do. Best buy was out of them, but I found some at circuit city.

I now have the tranny grounded to the chassis, the alternator to the fire wall, and the igniter to the firewall. The car runs great. Somehow since my last test drive at noon and tonight my powersteering fluid leaked out. That's not good. I need to get that sorted, cause the car is hard to drive w/o PS.

CMS-GT4

SO somehow my PS started leaking again. Its a bad leak too. So when I get time, I need to pull the damn pump out and see if I can fix it myself.

CMS-GT4

I wrapped up a few things today. I added a ground from the head to the tranny, and fastened the IC down better. I also tied off my old running light wires so they were not dangling.

I also investigated my PS leak. It looks like the line from the reservoir to the pump has a leak in it. So I am going to replace that line. I drove the car. It is very hard to drive w/o PS. It runs great though.

I am still trying to pick out a color, and I have 3 broken bolts to deal with, then I am pretty much ready for paint. Once school is out, I am going to sort out the AC so we can start going on trips in the car.

Here is a pic of the engine bay wrapped up.
p1000526bq6.png