Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Its a color that only one brand carries. It is a special order color, but is a popular choice on their flagship, I think that is the model the color was introduced on. It is still being used on their cars today but was used on some of their cheaper cars to honor a classic race car of theirs. I am pretty sure the color was introduced within the last 10 years.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":11lujbxc said:
Its a color that only one brand carries. It is a special order color, but is a popular choice on their flagship, I think that is the model the color was introduced on. It is still being used on their cars today but was used on some of their cheaper cars to honor a classic race car of theirs. I am pretty sure the color was introduced within the last 10 years.

How rare is the car? What's the country of origin? I feel like I'm playing Jeopardy. :lol:

I'll take "That mystery color for $200"...... :)

CMS-GT4

I will not say the country of origin, because I think that narrow it down way too much. I will say this, the flagship is no longer in production.

This is too much fun. :D

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":387rpekj said:
I will not say the country of origin, because I think that narrow it down way too much.

Why do you say that? Even a country like Italy has several major manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Masarati.. Japan has a crapload of manufacturers, Germany has a ton, the US has a ton, France has several, even Korea has a couple....

just give us the country dammit...

now! :x

CMS-GT4

:p
I think if I said the country, my fun would all be over too soon. So rack your brains a little more, it may never get guessed.
:lol:

I just got to figure out how to keep this going for another two weeks. :wink:

EDIT: The color made its way through 3 engine configurations. A 4cylinder, a 6cylinder and one other.

GT4times2

So what's the other engine configuration?

I'm thinking VW..... :roll: , Renault.... :| ....It can't be BMW..well the M3 came in 4cyl, 6cyl...and V8...but is still in production. :shrug:

I have to say this, you're the king of riddles... :p

I'm going to post pics to tempt you to spit it out.... :p

CMS-GT4

Contest:
So lets make this interesting. I was thinking I might hold a contest. The first person to guess the color name correctly will get one of my shirts when I start printing again this winter.

Prize:
I will mail their shirt to them whenever I get around to printing it. It will likely be a Nori Toy shirt. Plus you get the honor of figuring out a fun riddle.

Rules:
• Just cause someone gets it right, does not mean I will announce their choice to everyone else until the car is painted. :p
I will handle their prize via PMs and just announce the color has been named.
• I will not answer requested details about the car company that makes the paint unless I see fit. There are some very small details that could give this whole thing away so I have to tread lightly with my hints. So if I ignore your question, don't take it personal.
• One person on this board is omitted from the contest, since they already know the color.
• There may or may not be many more hints.
• More rules may come later. So they are subject to change.

New hints:
The color is still being produced on 4cylinder models, and 6cylinder models. It is no longer produced on the larger engine. The flagship was very expensive, but still used a traditional gearbox.

All the different models, for the past 20+ years, all share similar design elements. So if you see one, you are usually pretty sure who made it.

I can only think of two members on this forum that may have seen the flagship model in person. There may be more, but I would suspect these two people to been the most likely to have. One member has a maroon gtfour and the other has a red one. I have never seen the flagship in person. This last tip, may not help you at all. :evil:

Landon

do i get anything for guessing that rene might be the second person who's seen it in person? lol

CMS-GT4

No prize for that, though figuring that out my lead you to the greater answer of what class the car is in.

CMS-GT4

Hot or cold? I will never tell.

EDIT: Today's hint. I have never mentioned this color in anything of this forum. So that will save you time for trying to search my previous posts. I already checked. :D