1990 st185-300whp +++

Landon

damn man, looking good. i'm loving that hood. for some reason it looks really good. like the hood pins. did you source it straight from vis or...? keep up the good work! also like the black i/c set up. clean and subtle.

C-dubb

Thanks man. The hood i bought from a member on the board who had it up for sale in the parts section. Since the weather's gotten nicer, I've brought the car back over to the house and parked it in the driveway. I'm going to post up pics of the lates progress tomorrow when i get outside to work on it.

alltracst185

I painted my 97 Eclipse GST for $300 or less in my garage and about 6 hours. All PPG paint too...good stuff! pics are without color sanding or buffing. That is what i intend on doing to my st165 and my st185 :smokes:

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

m_f29efc6c20d34f4ab79efc71c1407c3f.jpg

C-dubb

I would paint the car myself, but i have no experience in painting whatsoever. That's not bad for 200 bucks. Feel free to come paint mine!

C-dubb

Started the car for the first time in several months. After re-assembling the engine with the new intercooler and turbo setup, the engine runs beautifully. Still trying to get someone to come out and give me an estimate on body work and paint. Also, i have to replace the oil seal in the transfer case. hoping to have the car painted and dynoed with the new EMS within the next month. updates and pics soon!

C-dubb

^^haha. interesting theory.

here are a few pics of the progress.

73ebtz.jpg

egv4sl.jpg

2vdlo3s.jpg

do6puw.jpg

14bhs9f.jpg

2heyt14.jpg

I took some video of the start up but it turned out crappy. Maybe i'll take some more after i get the EMS installed for the startup with that.

I'm gonna throw the fenders and hood on, and i have a guy coming out to give me an estimate on body work and paint on thursday.

bloodMoney

When school is done, I may have to head up and see this beast in person.... Maybe we should be planning a mini-MI meet?

~Chris

C-dubb

that would be cool, i know speedricer lives not to far away he's been over a few times to check the car out. we should find out if anyone else is interested in getting together.

I had a guy come out today to check the car out, he's getting back to me soon with a detailed estimate. He said it didn't look like too much work, i hope thats a good sign of a decently priced estimate. i know i can only hope though.

Here are a couple more pics of the new hood and fender installed. I think i need to get some spacers on those front wheels. NOTE: The new paint job is going to be a darker graphite that will match better with the hood/wheels than the lighter does now.

2icb9dd.jpg

ws63ch.jpg

DudeMan

Coming along nicely, wasn't expecting the RC hood. I'll have to read through the rest some time.

So your gonna run no crash bar? Chu' crazy.

Dang yo! I'm really digging this project. Those wheels are perfect! Can't wait to see the car complete!

I really like the black intercooler. Did you do it yourself? What kind of paint was used? (regualar, radiator, heat dispersing, etc.) That's gonna look ballin' with the CS bumper 8)

C-dubb

DudeMan":1os01rqd said:
Coming along nicely, wasn't expecting the RC hood. I'll have to read through the rest some time.

So your gonna run no crash bar? Chu' crazy.

No, i am going to run the aluminum bar. I have yet to order it though, trying to make sure i have the right part numbers and everything in order to order it all at once.

shadow_coupe":1os01rqd said:
Dang yo! I'm really digging this project. Those wheels are perfect! Can't wait to see the car complete!

I really like the black intercooler. Did you do it yourself? What kind of paint was used? (regualar, radiator, heat dispersing, etc.) That's gonna look ballin' with the CS bumper 8)

Thanks man. The intercooler setup i actually purchased from someone on the board. The paint is just semi-gloss black...nothing special.

C-dubb

Okay, so i got the detailed estimate for all of the body work from bumper to bumper and complete paint job and windshield replacement. He estimated a total of 26.9 hrs of body repair and 27.2 hrs for refinishing and for a total of about 55hrs he quoted me $3,428. From what i've heard i think that is a pretty good price for all of that work. Hopefully it will be in the body shop and back out within the next couple weeks...just have to dig into some places to find the cash, ha. In the meantime, i'll be finishing what i can to get it driving (t-case seal and EMS)

C-dubb

Car goes in the body shop on May 25th. Also, i wired up the MAP and IAT sensors to the harness and plugged in the AEM. It started up and ran without the AFM. I didn't let it run very long, it's dark out and the car is loud and i have old neighbors. I am going to start it up and see how it runs tomorrow. Besides the body work, all it needs is some tuning, so i will be looking around for a shop to tune it.

Terracar

Nice work so far. The car will look awesome and I actually like those rims. What are the specs on the rims?

-Terracar

C-dubb

Thanks man. The wheels are 18X8 with a 35 offset. They're kind of on the heavy side but I really like the way they look. Maybe when I get the rest of the car squared away, I will look for a lighter set of wheels to take to the track when I go. For now, these will do. Priorities of work are a new exhaust setup 3" midpipe and back...can't find one anywhere, and to make sure I can get it tuned properly.

C-dubb

The car went in to the shop today for body work and paint. Should be done in the next week and a half or so. The RC bumper and all that stuff is on order and should be here soon for him to paint. Still have to source a rear bumper and a couple of original side skirt parts that are missing, hopefully they won't be too hard to find at the local yards.

bloodMoney

I've got an extra rear bumper on the parts car if you can't find another one Cory..... I may have some other stuff that you need as well.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend, but you can let me know if you need anything.

C-dubb

I'll definitely take the rear bumper off of your hands, let me know how much you want for it. All I need besides that are the skirts on both sides and the spoiler piece on the rear pass. quarter. I called around to the salvadge yards and no once had any specific parts in stock. Looks like I will have to head out to the yard and see what I can find.

Chris, let me know how much you want for those parts, whatever ones you have that i need anyways. Thanks.