An update on my car

Talk about your project car here

An update on my car

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:15 am

well, since ive been wanting to install some of the parts that have been sitting around, i decided to rip apart my car to take care of them.

Parts to intstall:
Straight intake with MR2 Apexi filter kit
Ron Davis Custom Radiator
BayAreaAT FMIC
Relocating the battery
New relocated radiator overflow bottle
SS clutch line
Speed source extended slave pushrod
SS brake lines

My engine bay emptied out....

My new intake. the pipe is made by BayAreaAT. however, im having to get new silicone since i needed a 2.75" - 3" coupling. i also bent up one of the brackets that came with the apexi kit to make a hold down for it.

My Ron Davis Radiator installed. It fits perfectly without any modifications. the stock fan bolts up to it, however im going to get the RC fan/fan motor from RHDjapan. im going to be running a 20% toyota red/80% water solution with a bottle of redline water wetter too.

Im also in the middle doing my SS clutch line. however, im having a problem with the fitting behind the manifold (which is a pain in the ass to get to). i also did the slave pushrod since its pretty easy to do. My engine is also really dirty. i want to get it cleaned up while im at it so we'll see how it looks when its done.

My homemade relocation kit :D ill be running 0/1 gauge for the positive side and 2 gauge for the negitive. i also got enough line to ground it in the trunk and to the transmission.
I also got a hook up for a optima red top which ill be installing next to the spare in the trunk on the passenger side.

I'll update this with some more photos of some progress. my goal is to have it up an running with everything installed by the end of the month.

-Ted
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
^Ted^

went back to the dark side of hondas!!!
(not really, i just own a completely UNmodified 91 civic dx that gets 45+ mpg now)
Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby alltracshoak » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:11 am

awesome. i was just wondering, on your intake, what is the 3rd line for??
just curious because my bayareaat intake has two nipple
and you have 3
current:
90 st185
GT4 AWD
rip: 92 st185 @ 178k :(
alltracshoak
Gold Member

Postby smog7 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:21 am

looks like its going to turn out very nice. just wondering but what benefits over the stock piece does the Speed source extended slave pushrod have?
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

Postby theUNYTEDone » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am

ted, did you snag the RD rad on the group buy? how much would it be without the group discount?

good job on the progress...my progress consists of erasing debt and attempting to save. :( :cry:

smog7 wrote:
looks like its going to turn out very nice. just wondering but what benefits over the stock piece does the Speed source extended slave pushrod have?

better disengagement.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:38 am

LOL Nigel i started the group buy.

the reason why my intake has three inlets is because i requested an extra 1" inlet so i can recirculate my bov.

And Nigel is right, the slave rod helps with clutch disengaugment because its a little longer. I dont know how well it works but ill let you guys know.
^Ted^

(not really, i just own a completely UNmodified 91 civic dx that gets 45+ mpg now)
Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby theUNYTEDone » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:43 am

LOL Nigel i started the group buy

HAHA i forgot that bit. well, answer my Q about the pricings!!!
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby smog7 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:38 am

Id very much like to see how your recirulated bpv looks and works. which bov/bpv are you going to use?
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

Postby TheAutoholic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:49 am

smog7 wrote:Id very much like to see how your recirulated bpv looks and works. which bov/bpv are you going to use?

+1

The BOV sound is cool, but I have heard that you gain from recirculating. And the sound destroys the sleeperness of a 165.
Currently All Trac-less....

Dracov wrote:I'm firmly convinced GT-Four trannies are made from collapsed stars.
TheAutoholic
Club Member

Postby b00staholic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:12 am

What's special about the RC radiator fan/motor?
Vincent
'90 ST185
b00staholic
Club Member

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:12 am

Im going to be using a hks ssqv with a recirc fitting. Youll still be able to hear it but ill be obviously quieter.

the rc fan has more blades and the motor is a bit stronger

so i discovered two things tonight. One is that i want to strangle the engineer that designed the clutch line an decided to make it next to imposible so remove without removing the engine. Two is that im missing the dustsheild that covers the lower part of the flywheel so i need to come up with a fix for that
^Ted^

Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby Meurz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:22 pm

I've seen about 5 different top tank designs now, all RD.. :shrug: Looks very nice though. +1 on non-groupbuy prices, any info? :)
Turbocelica.nl
Meurz
Established Member

Postby Sifu » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Denver_whiteST185 wrote:Im going to be using a hks ssqv with a recirc fitting. Youll still be able to hear it but ill be obviously quieter.

the rc fan has more blades and the motor is a bit stronger

so i discovered two things tonight. One is that i want to strangle the engineer that designed the clutch line an decided to make it next to imposible so remove without removing the engine. Two is that im missing the dustsheild that covers the lower part of the flywheel so i need to come up with a fix for that

Small hands works well for removing that line. The worse part is that you need to screw it in just right so it doesn't twist (think fuel line banjo bolt). It can be a pain with the engine out because you still have to worry about getting the C clip on there.

As for the flywheel dust shield ask Griffin if he still has that piece from his garage sale. Last I heard he was busy with other things and hasn't gotten to his sales yet. I'm still waiting for the FW dust shield from him... :p
1990 Celica ST185 "The Money Pit"
BROKEN! BUT NOT BEATEN!
2005 Scion tC FW21
1985 AW11
1987 AW11
Sifu
GTFour God

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:33 pm

Meurz wrote:I've seen about 5 different top tank designs now, all RD.. :shrug:

well its all custom and hand welded so im not suprised.

as for pricing i really font know. Call Bill at ron davis or email them. He was the guy who was my contact during the group buy
^Ted^

Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby Meurz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:42 pm

I know it's custom and handwelded so a few mm difference between rads is to be expected, but I've seen different top tanks within the last groupbuy for instance, thats strange imo. Looks very slick though. I'll send them an e-mail then, thanks. 8)
Turbocelica.nl
Meurz
Established Member

Postby toayoztan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 am

Hey what's up, can't wait to see updated pics. Do you have the techna fit clutch line? If so, you may have to grind it (or the bracket) down.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Next