Home of the 10 Sec/210 mph mile AllTrac

ATS_Scott":37t7lz13 said:
WOW! Very nice.
Looking at those pics just puts a big grin on my face.
That short runner intake manifold looks nice and tidy.

Nice work. now go run it!

Scott, did we meet in topeka?

the short runner is deceptive from that view + the plenum is quite large

have a 42 psi run that I will post after Sept...have some wrx & evo guys looking to bust my ass here locally...cant let them see those runs.

I need to talk to Aaron anyway.

Sifu":37t7lz13 said:
Words cannot explain what you have done. My gosh I'm just... Amazed.

I'm just wondering what is the status of that CF driveshaft?

I dont have a definate answer for the rear ratio, since I have never opened an rc rearend, but I dont think you'll have a problem since the 205, 185 & the 165 have the same ring & pinion gears (those I have in my posession), but if you send me your RC tranny I'll let you know how much power it will handle, :D

CMS-GT4":37t7lz13 said:
I would like the see the 1-peice driveshaft installed. I am curious about clearance. Would this be a race only part?

Not for race application only, you'll know right away that there is a vast improvement in how the car accelerate, low end is also better...30lbs savings in rotational mass goes a long way

turbo4wd":37t7lz13 said:
Oh damn, I guess if Pat's ok with revealing a little more Cloak N Dagga secrets then we should all be thankful.. I know thats how I felt after getting all the info / pics to whip up this quick little page..

Pat, I wasn't able to go out to dinner with my buddy from Primedi

Dan thanks dude, we'll have to wait & see what happens....no worries, Cloak-N-Dagga didnt reveal everything

ATS_Scott

alltrac101":g5aoocc4 said:
Scott, did we meet in topeka?

the short runner is deceptive from that view + the plenum is quite large

have a 42 psi run that I will post after Sept...have some wrx & evo guys looking to bust my ass here locally...cant let them see those runs.

I need to talk to Aaron anyway.

Yes we met very briefly, We all had lunch @ the same place on the way out of town. And as usual Aaron was doing most of the talking ;-)

42 psi... so around another 100 HP?...we need to talk tranny's :)

Feel free to call us 10-6 central. 940-293-1338 ext. 2 gets the shop, and Aaron if he's around.

turbocelica

as always pat very good stuff, i should be making a trip down your way soon ive been doing some building on the d/l that i havent told anyone about maybe ill bring it down so you can let me know what ya think and i can finally check out yours.

theUNYTEDone

:shock: wtf...just wtf. this is AMS evo territory...

give them nothing! but take from them, everything!!!

jonstew

theUNYTEDone":1b36a0o0 said:

:shock: wtf...just wtf. this is AMS evo territory...

give them nothing! but take from them, everything!!!

AMS ain't all that....trust me they tuned my car and 380 AWHP is all they got out of an ECU (Autronic) they "said" they knew how to tune and it runs pig phuck'n rich on 880's (But I have to say it makes hitting fuel cut at 8,500RPM more of an experience with like 10 foot flames coming out the exhaust). they may know the oil starvation 4G63 but they don't know tuning on anything else....at least not in my opinion. Hell one guy there told me I needed to build my gearbox....I said "shit' I don't own an Evo....there's no glass gears in mine!"

Denver_whiteST185

jonstew":2elsc5aa said:
AMS ain't all that....trust me they tuned my car and 380 AWHP is all they got out of an ECU (Autronic) they "said" they knew how to tune and it runs pig phuck'n rich on 880's (But I have to say it makes hitting fuel cut at 8,500RPM more of an experience with like 10 foot flames coming out the exhaust). they may know the oil starvation 4G63 but they don't know tuning on anything else....at least not in my opinion. Hell one guy there told me I needed to build my gearbox....I said "shit' I don't own an Evo....there's no glass gears in mine!"

LOL, nice john ;)

Im still interested in getting my question answered. Is there anything unique or special about your drivetrain that you've done to it other than swap it for a ST205 tranny? cryo treatment, reworked internals, anything? what about the flywheel and clutch?

theUNYTEDone

well, i just mean AMS territory because they've netted the highest amoutn of HP out of a 4 cyl that i've seen...but other than that, they're enemies. :evil:

Denver_whiteST185":2daqwhgw said:
jonstew":2daqwhgw said:

LOL, nice john ;)

Im still interested in getting my question answered. Is there anything unique or special about your drivetrain that you've done to it other than swap it for a ST205 tranny? cryo treatment, reworked internals, anything? what about the flywheel and clutch?

I must have missed that one

nuttin special, just your "bought @ de ole salvage yard 205 tranny", I can say my original 185 did quite well also, just switched to the 205 for the ratios....I'm quite positive I can get deep into the 9's with the stock 205, but it is always nice to have a set of dog gears to cut a few 10ths....maybe after I get in the 9's, I'll give Adrian a call to get a set of dogs

on the clutch front....just your standard CM fx700 (not your standard alloy FW, those cracked between the fw bolt holes), they made me a steel one....but this one is good for 650 lb/tq @ the crank....so well all know why this one failed....so I moved on to a Tilton C/C which is tq tested on their inhouse dyno before they send it out (1175 lb/ft tq b4 slip

p

jonstew

Fourplay":3tybcxof said:
An in car video of a top speed run would be fun to see :wink:

I doubt there would be enough room for the driver, the person holding the camera and the enormous balls it would take to try that, I bet it could break 200 MPH. I know I don't want to go that fast in a car that was never designed to even come close to acheiving that kind of speed.

syko says

can someone upload the video of Patrick doing runs up and down the street boosting it at 2.5 bar? it was on wetoddid racing (i think thats how one would spell it). i found it on the cloak and dagger thread, but has been deleted. thanks!

turbo4wd

syko says":1z1yptp4 said:
can someone upload the video of Patrick doing runs up and down the street boosting it at 2.5 bar? it was on wetoddid racing (i think thats how one would spell it). i found it on the cloak and dagger thread, but has been deleted. thanks!

If I've got it, I'll upload it, but I'll have to check.. thats an old video and I don't remember if I saved it..

I do have the video of Bill running up past 160 mph (according to Bill, somewhere around 180) in his 185 when he owned it.. Pat's has more power, so I think an attempt to 200 would only be limited by gearing and aero..

Sifu

turbo4wd":wxb6sdkn said:
syko says":wxb6sdkn said:

If I've got it, I'll upload it, but I'll have to check.. thats an old video and I don't remember if I saved it..

I do have the video of Bill running up past 160 mph (according to Bill, somewhere around 180) in his 185 when he owned it.. Pat's has more power, so I think an attempt to 200 would only be limited by gearing and aero..
And "testicular fortitude."

Denver_whiteST185

alltrac101":24wpo8ma said:
I must have missed that one

nuttin special, just your "bought @ de ole salvage yard 205 tranny", I can say my original 185 did quite well also, just switched to the 205 for the ratios....I'm quite positive I can get deep into the 9's with the stock 205, but it is always nice to have a set of dog gears to cut a few 10ths....maybe after I get in the 9's, I'll give Adrian a call to get a set of dogs

on the clutch front....just your standard CM fx700 (not your standard alloy FW, those cracked between the fw bolt holes), they made me a steel one....but this one is good for 650 lb/tq @ the crank....so well all know why this one failed....so I moved on to a Tilton C/C which is tq tested on their inhouse dyno before they send it out (1175 lb/ft tq b4 slip

p

i heard about your titanium flywheel. What about your plans to make a lsd front diff?

gt4tified

alltrac101":2jrrgydw said:

Take no prisoners.....as we say here in the Caribbean, "Who ent dead, badly wounded!"

BTW, you're an inspiration man. Have you ever heard of Ewart Harney from the island of Antigua? He has a 10 sec. gtfour but he rarely brings it out to play. He owns the toyota dealership across there.

gt4tified":2uvg1x1q said:
alltrac101":2uvg1x1q said:

Take no prisoners.....as we say here in the Caribbean, "Who ent dead, badly wounded!"

BTW, you're an inspiration man. Have you ever heard of Ewart Harney from the island of Antigua? He has a 10 sec. gtfour but he rarely brings it out to play. He owns the toyota dealership across there.

NAH... :D ....not only did Harney run a stroker like mine, he wanted mine also to go with the header I made for him....we also have the same 6spd dog box, but the ratios suck & it cant hold the power, some teeth are broken