project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

alltracst185

Landon":1gkx0pc4 said:
dude, congrats on the xterra! those are sick, supercharged! even better. my friend would be supe jealous- he's wanting to sell his 300zx and get one. let us know how you like it! won't mind a little off topic in your project. looking good too btw
Is his z twin turbo? what is he looking to get for it?

Landon

haha, no. thats the version we both would enjoy getting. he wants an xterra when he sells his most likely. but that'll be after a little more savings i assume.

alltracst185

Landon":14q4ygzn said:
haha, no. thats the version we both would enjoy getting. he wants an xterra when he sells his most likely. but that'll be after a little more savings i assume.
Ya, i love my X and i just want to get a lil more power out of it so a pully kit, chip and exhaust is in order :D then a lift and some bead locks :wink:

Landon

mm yes sounds good. does it have lockers? thats a huge plus as well from my wheeling experience.

alltracst185

Landon":ypm1zic5 said:
mm yes sounds good. does it have lockers? thats a huge plus as well from my wheeling experience.

I think that is one of the features it comes with stock...since i got the off raod package in mine. It"s fully loaded even black leather! (special ordered)

alltracst185

So i decided to get the ball rolling once again on my build...engine is out now and awaiting parts.

588.jpg

589.jpg

Heating up the clutch line to break the screw loose and it popped!! :doh: good thing i have a ss line :wink:
590.jpg

My same friend that had the bright idea to heat the clutch line had this idea to lift the car to get the clearence needed to slide the engine out from under the car. :D
591.jpg

She's out 8)
592.jpg

Hoping to get the parts this week so i can send the engine and head to the machine shop to get bored, hot tanked and decked. :D In the meantime i will be power washing the engine bay and prepping for paint!

Terracar

alltracst185":37dcdvyp said:

Wow the east coast really does do things backwards.... they park where it says No Parking.

So I am lost as to why you heatened up the clutch line?

What manifold is that?

-Terracar

alltracst185

Terracar":1dbc8mul said:
alltracst185":1dbc8mul said:

Wow the east coast really does do things backwards.... they park where it says No Parking.

So I am lost as to why you heatened up the clutch line?

What manifold is that?

-Terracar
Haha, that is my parking spot. Had to heat the clutch line to get it loose, it started to strip so to be safe i gave it a little heat :? The manifold is from Thiland custom made for my turbo application. 8) Took about 2 months to get :twisted:

alltracst185

finally uploaded the pics i took of my 163k mile engine that was still ticking before i decided to go crazy and make some seriouse power :wink: ENJOY!

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

alltracst185

Motor is at the machine shop getting bored 20 over, honed, crank polished and ballenced, head decked and cleaned ready to install my HKS 272's and Engle valve springs. :D Need to order my high volume oil pump and OEM Toyota water pump and a whole gasket kit. Build is moving along again now that the weather is right :wink: Pics to come tonight.

alltracst185

Just got back from the machine shop and they told me my 160k+ block and crank was standard bore and was in perfect shape :shock: I ordered 20 over pistons allready so i guess it will be going 20 over :lol: motor should be done in 2 weeks 8) can't wait!!!

Rawbz

hope everything turns out good for you..

i just ordered my top mount t4 manifold and soon my t4 gt35r

i need that head of yours tho... when i got my car it already had a 185 swap but had crappy 165 head that got the notorious crack :doh: ..

and a top feed with with some 1200cc

cant wait to get it rolling again.

alltracst185

Yes, i'm hoping to have this up and running for this summer if all goes as planed! I'll have to get that stuff you wanted all packed up.

alltracst185

Got my whole gen 2 gasket kit from ko today. Engine is still at the machine shop, going to call them today (fingers crossed)

Terracar

Is the head getting any love - like porting or anything? It is almost a shame that the beautiful block got man handled :p

-Terracar

alltracst185

Terracar":2vgiiyms said:
Is the head getting any love - like porting or anything? It is almost a shame that the beautiful block got man handled :p

-Terracar
I'm just having the head decked, cleaned and polished. I will clean up the casting marks, replace the valve seals and maybe just for peice of mind do the shimless buckets. I have HKS 272's, HKS adjustable cam gears and Engle valve springs to go in. I'm toying with the idea of getting ss valves also, like ferra valves :shrug: