project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

presure2

alltracst185":2yg4m1nx said:
Picked up a st205 tranny today :D
hehe good to see it going to someone who will get some good use out of it.
project looks great man, hope to see the finished product at the Colt State Park Meet this year!! (we'll prolly post it up in the next few weeks or so, prolly have it sometime in june or july)
:)

alltracst185

I would love to be able to bring my st185 to the CSP meet but, sadly i don't think it will happen this year :( I can however bring my st165 :wink:

alltracst185

Got a lot acomplished today as well as some goodies!

first things first the engine pics :D

freshly painted block
018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

fresh from the machine shop crank
029-1.jpg

Cleaned up head
028-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

fresh resurfaced Findanza flywheel
030-1.jpg

and my new to me low milage st205 tranny
024-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

some brackets cleaned up and painted to match the block
031-1.jpg

and now the goodies :D new From Toyota i got a whole engine reseal kit as well as a timing belt tensioner, idler pully and belt guide. From ATS i got the high volume oil pump. My ACL race bearings finally came in also.
032.jpg

That is all for now, i might start the assenbly of the lower end tomorrow.

alltracst185

Got the engine bay all cleaned up waiting for the heart transplant :lol: cleaned up better than i thought :D I may just do some touch-up painting and call it done. I also deleted the ABS :shoots: What a pain it was to get the block out.

Pics :)

033-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

029-1-1.jpg

now for what i used to clean it

031-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

alltracst185

It's pretty much a straight forward and easy task, mine took about 2 hours and a good friend to complete... :lol: Hopefully it will at least go back in this year :p

alltracst185

Started the engine assembly today and got the whole rotating assemby done :D I also got the water pump and ATS high volume oil pump installed but didn't take a pic :p

038.jpg

039.jpg

Working on it again tomorrow, should have the whole motor done by this weekend if my Cometic hg comes in.

alltracst185

Cleaned up some more parts to get ready for paint and to get installed today. Waiting on a few parts to complete the build, also have to install new valve seals, valves, Engle valve springs, check valve lash and order shimless buckets :wink: Then just install the HKS 272's and HKS cam gears and the head is complete and ready to install :smokes:

alltracst185

First off i have got to say that KO racing has the fastest shipping i have ever ordered from! I ordered parts on Fri and they were here on sat :shock: Both times i ordered from them it was very impressive shipping time.

Ok, on to my progress of my build. :D Got some stuff mocked up, sand blasted, prepped for polishing and ready for paint :wink: pics of my progress soon!

alltracst185

Got some more work done today :) Painted and installed some parts and started preping the thermostat housing and valve cover for polishing :D

039-1.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

Just need to clean the head a little better then the assembly can start
043.jpg

044.jpg

All prepped for polish :wink:
045.jpg

046.jpg

More coming soon!!!

Hotrodhendrix

Hey to bad your having to sell it.. U do know that our cars are like identical. Literally. Same wheels. My tear down pics look just like yours. red. unpainted RC front bumper etc etc etc. :shock:

What suspension do you have on that?

alltracst185

Keeping her and things are coming together fast :evil: My suspension is stock struts with Megan lowering springs(soon to be K-sport coilovers though) Our cars do look alike huh :shock: I have been working on my car here and there lately and i'm happy to say she is at 80% finished, should be starting her up in a few weeks if all goes well :D I'll snap some updated pics of my progress as soon as i remember to bring my camera to my garage :doh: