Re: Eric's 92 (Running and Dyno'd with updated pics)

EricGT4

Okay so here is the run down on my car. I have a black 1992 Alltrac that I got a few years ago and hasn't run for a long time. I have a freshly rebuilt stock motor for it and my other mods are as listed.

-50 trim SB kit
-Apexi Dunk 2 1/2 inch turbo back exhaust
-Adjustable Cam gears
-Act 6 puck clutch
-Strait intake with Vibrant filter.
-TTE Head Gasket with ARP head studs
-Turbo timer and Boost controller.
-Bay area AT Front mount IC.
-Koni adjustable shocks
-Lowering springs
-25mm rear and 15mm front wheel spacers
-Battery relocated to the hatch

I might be missing more its been a while since I have seen the car. The car is about to be put back together and sent out to me in Germany.

GOALS- I would like to have a reliable 350 to 370whp car. I am not 100% sure what else I will need to get to that point. Right now it looks like fuel and a TWM short shifter is going to be the next step followed by engine management. I would also like to know what the most HP is that I could run on a stock ECU because as you all know EM is not the cheapest upgrade.

Any opinions or ideas are strongly encouraged.

Here are some pics of it from before and ill get some more as the car comes together.

dash.jpg

alltrac.jpg

assendofcar-1.jpg

I used to have a pic of the engine compartment but I seem to have lost it.

And here is a pic of my old STI just for shits and giggles.
Picture037.jpg

Back.jpg

It's a pretty clean looking car. It sounds like you have a good idea of where you are going with it. Look forward to the pictures.

smog7

I think im going to like this project car! That exhaust tip is huge! how does it sound?? Im also interested in the wheel spacers....

EricGT4

Tazka":v4agszmc said:
I really like your st185 such a bad ass look, now get some wheels. 8)

Thank you. I actually do have wheels. They are Rota Sub Zeros with a really dark bronze almost black color and polished lip.

EricGT4

smog7":37wzai50 said:
I think im going to like this project car! That exhaust tip is huge! how does it sound?? Im also interested in the wheel spacers....

Yeah the exhaust tip is a little large and I didn't like it at first but it does sound really good IMO so I'm going to keep it.

EricGT4

Check out the beautiful peace of machinery that showed up at my buddies house the other day.

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

All the last parts have been ordered and I'm just waiting on KO racing to get my clutch to me. Then this bad boy is coming together and getting shipped out to me in Germany so I can let it loose on the autobahn.

Updated parts list

Fidanza flywheel
680cc injectors
25mm wheel spacers in the rear
15mm wheel spacers in the front

ST185pinjo

Looks mighty nice.

Where in Germany are you? Close to the dutch border?
Why did you go for the SB50 and not the SB46?

EricGT4

So after a very long 3 and a half years of no trac my car is in the shop. Here are some teaser shots of the work after day one. I am so excited I just wait around by my computer for my friend to send me more pictures.

GT45.jpg

GT42.jpg

GT4.jpg

91GT4.jpg

EricGT4

I'm paying a shop to do it. I would do it myself but I am in Germany and the car is in New Mexico so it would be a little hard to do everything.

EricGT4

oh by the way i need to get this thing registered and the vin is missing off the window thing does anyone know the other spots that the vin is at?