Half-trac In the works "Trouble" will live again!

Terracar

Hello guys and gals,

Was told I can post my wanna-be Half-trac project in here, so here it goes.

"Trouble" started out as a '91 Celica GT-S and after owning it for a few years I had pieced a turbo kit together using a scattering of 3sgte and misc parts. Ahh the pride after getting the turbo on! :evil:

Well long story short, the car was my daily driver at that time and so thing were rushed more so than they should have been which is what I think lead to the demise of the beautiful machine it was. A rod bearing went bad in cylinder #3 and was starting to knock a little a few weeks after installing the turbo. Trouble was in trouble :cry: I tried to replace them to have the engine hold out for a little longer, it wasn't meant to be - the bearing that was in it was in pretty bad shape - welding the oil passage shut with pieces of the bearing. I cleared it out and was resigned to park it at my parents house 9 miles away (was at a friends house and lived in an apt at the time). So I installed the new bearings hoping to make it back to my parents to pry the motor apart. 1 block, yes 1 block (two houses) from my parent's house my heart was ripped from my chest as a loud bang and subsequent chunks of metal bounced of the under side of the car.

Trouble was no more, but went out fighting :shoots: So a a year or two passes, I move up in the world and get desk jockey job which pays the bills much better than before, meet a nice woman who is financially responsible and has a decent job (unlikes the previous deadbeats i was dating) and we settle down in a small house together. Now I have a garage to bring Trouble home to. After sitting out in the side yard of my parents, Trouble was no longer the bright white icon of greatness, but the green mold covered nightmare that had been envoloped by the blackberry bushes of the neighbors. After rescuing trouble, I washed the outside for hours removing all trace of its former prison, so that it was somewhat returned to its former glory.

Now as I mentioned the nice woman above, well she has encouraged me to get trouble running again and even gave me the go ahead for a 3sgte swap. Told ya she was nice.

Plans for Trouble -
3sgte swap, refreshen the interior,and get a set of nice rims.

After I have the swap completed and running acceptably, I would like to bump the ponies up to 300bhp. I say future since I will be happier than a pig in slop with just the 3sgte transplanted.

Well anyway, so much for a short story eh? Well here is the pictures I was able to take. I apologize for the crudeness, but I am no photographer and the camera is less than ideal.

If you can't tell by my ADD above I am still floored about being able to go ahead with my swap. I am sourcing a few potential sellers for front clips, does anyone have any recommendations?

-Joe

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00015.JPG
    Imported Photos 00015.JPG
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Imported Photos 00026.JPG
    Imported Photos 00026.JPG
    896.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Imported Photos 00027.JPG
    Imported Photos 00027.JPG
    789.3 KB · Views: 39

evo

Good post!

Jarco is one of the most reputable clip sellers, also a little more expensive than the others, but they will look after you post purchase (which is worth the extra bucks in my opinion)

Your car looks to be in awesome shape (minus the hole in the block :p) Best of luck on the swap