2of81's 1993 Red All-Trac Project (starts on pg.2)

2of81

Not dead, just super busy with work, I have taken a lot of the work over at the shop since my dad had open heart surgery.

Here are some sandwich brackets I made up for my '03 Cobra intercooler heat exchanger.
0001004.jpg

Sandwiched it together with 1/4" allthread, and then bolted it onto the bumper support, next up I need to make some bottom supports to secure it better.
0001005.jpg

0001006.jpg

Here is it behind the bumper cover.
0001008.jpg

2of81

Well, here is some more work I have done on the intercooler setup.

Here is a picture of the bottom brace for the heat exchanger on the passenger side, thought I might as well drill a hole through it and secure the hose with a loom hanger, the 3/4" 90 degree hose was from Napa.
0001009.jpg

I put in a bracket half way down the hose to put another loom hanger in.
0001010u.jpg

This picture shows where I attached the lower support of the bottom of the heat exchanger to on the drivers side. I don't know why Toyota put in a slotted hole off to the bottom condensor but I appreciate it, the brace I made has two 90 degree bends and turned out good. I was going to put an S shaped 3/4" molded hose from Napa to run the return hose under the car with the supply, then I saw the light of where I should run the return. The hole in the side support works well, I put some split loom around the metal edges incase the hose rubs on it, but then I made this hanger bracket to firmly keep the return in place, the assembly barely clears the AC connection, but it does clear.
0001011.jpg

Here is another shot of the lower drivers bracket I fabbed up, this one I also drilled a hole in to put in a hanger, also another hanger shown to secure the hose right before it enters the pump.
0001012.jpg

Ok this is how I mounted the Mustang Termi intercooler pump. I used an old air conditioner dryer mount off a Toyota pickup to secure it, fits kinda tight, needs a very little amount of loom hanger rubber in the bands and it should be a very tight hold. I had to cut a little off one end and do a little bending, but it enabled me to make a starting point for the mounting brackets to bolt to.
0001013z.jpg

Supply and return hoses meet up here and are secured with some more hangers, need a few zipties in there to keep em all together in a few spots. I tested out the air filter and AFM and it all should work, I'm going to make some brackets to keep the filter off these hoses, but I need some viberation mounts first to ensure the AFM doesn't shake to death due to the stiff motor mounts.
0001014.jpg

This is all for now until I get further down the road,bad thing is it's getting busy again at the shop.

WarTowels

If I may, that's not what it's in reference to. It's because he used to own two 1993 All-trac's.

But now somebody else owns two 1993 All-tracs. :bangshead:

-Towels

93cc

WarTowels":bad1yxpc said:
If I may, that's not what it's in reference to. It's because he used to own two 1993 All-trac's.

But now somebody else owns two 1993 All-tracs. :bangshead:

-Towels

Thanks.... I have thought about owning more then one but then I get my sences back

2of81

Here is my temporary solution for mounting my ebay slim fan in the orignal shroud. Was going to use all four mounting tabs and found that the top inner one was in the way of the turbo, so I ground it all off and thats why it's so ugly...but it all fits tight, very tight.
0001015.jpg

Here it is in the bay.
0001016.jpg

0001017.jpg

2of81

Sold off my FMIC and some other small tidbits and made enough to get my RC hood and bumper painted, dropped them off this morning at a local reputable body shop.

I have been doing some work on the electrical part of things, still far from done there but a good start on things. Doing my battery relocation to the hatch I started running the cable straight down the left of the drivers seat but I really didn't like the way it stretched out the carpet from the edge. I rerouted it under the dash and through the center area to the passenger side to the back, pretty tricky doing 0 gauge wire with split loom around it but got it to the rear. I also was teetering on getting rid of the back seat but decided against it and kept it back there.
0001037.jpg

So the 4 guage wire in the picture above is to go to the distribution block that divides it into 4x8ga connections, which will go to my Fosgate 550x amp and to a 12 fuse Blue Sea fuse block (need to buy) for in car electronics. I went to my local hardware store and bought a 3/4" plywood piece and took it to a good upholstery shop and had it covered in headliner material that matched my floormats for a couple bucks. Also fabbed up a couple brackets to secure it to the OEM amp location to keep it from sliding around, I also mounted it to my MB Quart crossovers to it since they were already installed there, before it's all said and done I'll shorten some of the wires to clean it all up.
0001033.jpg

Here is an idea I stole off semi trucks to make the connection under the hood easier and provide a jumper post under the hood to charge the battery if need be. Next up I'm going to fab a bracket to mount it to, only problem is I needed to buy 2" wide strap to make a bigger 1.5" wide hole since the other strap I use is 1.5" wide itself.
0001038.jpg

Here is how she sits at the moment.
0001035.jpg

2of81

The center ones are in it, the outer two grills I need the plastic inserts to screw into, then I'm good.

2of81

A little more updating.
0001049b.jpg

0001051.jpg

Eight year old stickers were a real pain to get on there but we got it done.
0001048.jpg

0001047.jpg