My GT42R st185 project

tjdouble07

syko says":490dryqh said:
oh man, that thing is ginormous! how much boost will you be running with this set up?

Plan on somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 psi.

And as far as build pics, I'll try to put some pics up as it progresses. Got tons more work ahead but I'm actually really looking forward to it! :D

donteatbugs

i though about making my own mainfold but for my power goals i dont think it nessisary (400whp) and the fab work looked like it take too long. i might still do it later if i have some extra money and i get bored. i really like the look of the full race manifolds.

stevo27

tjdouble07":9xzkk73f said:
donteatbugs":9xzkk73f said:
nice looking turbo. are you going to buy the flanges for the mainfold and turbo or cut them yourself?

No question, I'm gonna buy them.

good move man biggest pain in the ass to make them perfect yourself i got pretty close with the torch when i did mine but damn it was a pain in the as to die grind the 5/8"/1/2 flanges :twisted:

looks good trevor

so now who is runing a 35r on their trac??

stevo27

tjdouble07":31nrlz84 said:
stevo27":31nrlz84 said:
so now who is runing a 35r on their trac??

Sifu is the lucky guy who bought my 35r kit. 8)

sweet im not gonna be alone hahaha

everyones buying big turbo's i feel so left out hahaha
trevor what rpm do you expect that beast to hit full spool at :shock:

tjdouble07

stevo27":1efir0iy said:
everyones buying big turbo's i feel so left out hahaha
trevor what rpm do you expect that beast to hit full spool at :shock:

One of my buddies is friends with Cortney Green, a local guy who runs 9's in his 42r powered Civic hatch. He was telling me that a 2.0 liter Civic engine on the same turbo and almost the same turbine AR (I'm putting on a 1.01 AR, vs. a less common 1.05 AR they were running), hit full boost by 5800 rpm on the dyno (may be sooner on the street with more engine load). Not sure of the compression ratio that motor was though. So I'd say for my 2.2 setup with relatively low compression, it should be around the same, if not slightly better.

tjdouble07

Well, as I said I was gonna do, Here are some better pics of my new turbo. Before I boxed up my old 35r, I took a few pics comparing it to the 42r...

p1000427fm3.jpg

p1000428yi2.jpg

p1000429nc2.jpg

Next pics will be of something cool, like a mocked up manifold, or a polished 42r compressor housing or something. :p

syko says

tjdouble07":27pn514a said:
Well, as I said I was gonna do, Here are some better pics of my new turbo. Before I boxed up my old 35r, I took a few pics comparing it to the 42r...

I immediately smiled and said to myself "oh my god" I have seen the 35r in person via Nigel, and thought that was huge! But WOW!!!11one The 42r just miniaturizes your previous (now currently Sifu's) turbo! What is your final goal for your car? Also, are there (or will there) be any other modifications that you plan to do with your engine and/or driveline area? I saw the new HG and studs, but theres gotta be more, right? Or is it above top secret? 8)

theUNYTEDone

trevor...WTF!
:D thats totally insane...
and BOO on you for taking sifu away from me. :p jk mate.

good luck with things, interested to keep reading up on your project.

tjdouble07

RedCelicaTRD":29z9qhhw said:
Here's Trevor's expected dyno graph....

350zdyno1uw8.jpg

:rofl:

HAHAHA!!!! Mr. Funny guy. :p

Well I'm in the process of making a mock-up for the new turbo, and have most of everything on order, to include a new Carbonetics twin plate clutch... Pics of my progress will follow sometime this week, if I get a chance... :)

tjdouble07

Got word back last night that Carbonetics doesn't make a twin plate clutch for our cars... :bs: I thought they did, and I was even quoted a price from one of my friends and even paid for the twin plate to be put on order, but then was told that it was a single plate they had quoted us, because they were misinformed (the supplier was misinformed that is). Pretty alternative lifesylish... :bangshead:

So now I'm looking into either getting an Exedy or a Clutch Masters twin plate. Any thoughts? I know Kris at KO is running the Clutchmasters ceramic twin plate in his MR2 and loves it...

stevo27

tjdouble07":34037kh6 said:
Got word back last night that Carbonetics doesn't make a twin plate clutch for our cars... :bs: I thought they did, and I was even quoted a price from one of my friends and even paid for the twin plate to be put on order, but then was told that it was a single plate they had quoted us, because they were misinformed (the supplier was misinformed that is). Pretty alternative lifesylish... :bangshead:

So now I'm looking into either getting an Exedy or a Clutch Masters twin plate. Any thoughts? I know Kris at KO is running the Clutchmasters ceramic twin plate in his MR2 and loves it...

i was quoted directly from carbonetics for the twin plate you have to go through their international group ill check if i still have the part # for it

ninja edit: ACT23230-14